The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

"The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so."

Holyfuckingshit :eusa_doh:

The "main characters" did no such thing, ys dumbshit. It was a TV show. The makers of the show put those on the car. And they did so to reflect the location was in the south. It had nothing to do with slavery or regional pride. It was just a prop on a TV show.

face-palm-gif.278959
Do you know why Abraham Lincoln signed the emancipation in 1863 after the war was already started in 1861? Lol hehehe
Of course. To keep with his words from years earlier... he was fighting the Civil War to keep the nation whole. Emancipation was a tool to give him an edge to attain that goal.
Neither the North or the South initially wanted to abolish slavery. The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights. The north did not desire to free enslaved people until it was clear Lincoln would need more men to end the war and bring the southern states back into the fold.

For reference, the American Civil war started in 1861.

Lincoln did not sign and put into effect the Emancipation Proclamation until 1863.

To deify Lincoln as a pure and upstanding person is kind of misguided. He was actually pretty racist.

“During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.””

-FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

Lincoln was the foundation for the spectate but equal mindset. He wanted to segregate the entirety of the “black race” to keep them away from the “white race”.

Most economic historians agree that slavery would have ended by itself eventually. It is not economically sustainable to pay for room, board, clothes, and medical care to a individual when you could just pay him a terrible wage and be done with it.

Slavery was a dying practice. To suggest the civil war was about slavery just an antiquated view from the winning side.

The civil war was about keeping the Union together.

FACTS! THAT IS THE ACTUAL NARRATIVE STOP LISTING TO DEMOCRATS!
"The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights."

The states' right to keep slavery legal.

face-palm-gif.278959
It wasn’t about slavery again View attachment 313395
As you've been shown repeatedly, but are too stupid to absorb, the south fought for independence so they could keep their slaves....

"The hostility to this institution commenced before the adoption of the Constitution, and was manifested in the well-known Ordinance of 1787, in regard to the Northwestern Territory.

The feeling increased, until, in 1819-20, it deprived the South of more than half the vast territory acquired from France.

The same hostility dismembered Texas and seized upon all the territory acquired from Mexico.

It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

It tramples the original equality of the South under foot.

It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst."

According to historian of the South, Eugene Genovese, about fifteen percent of slaves stayed with their masters.

Open a lions cage and the lion will go back into its cage. It is what is most familiar
Huh are you honestly comparing blacks to zoo animals!? For Christ sakes democrats try to hide your racism!

Yeah, I caught that too. If any republican said such a thing, we would be seeing it in meme, 100 years from now.

But libs, if it weren't for double standards, they would have no standards at all.

Do you know why Abraham Lincoln signed the emancipation in 1863 after the war was already started in 1861? Lol hehehe
Of course. To keep with his words from years earlier... he was fighting the Civil War to keep the nation whole. Emancipation was a tool to give him an edge to attain that goal.
Neither the North or the South initially wanted to abolish slavery. The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights. The north did not desire to free enslaved people until it was clear Lincoln would need more men to end the war and bring the southern states back into the fold.

Lincoln did not sign and put into effect the Emancipation Proclamation until 1863.

To deify Lincoln as a pure and upstanding person is kind of misguided. He was actually pretty racist.

“During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.””

Lincoln was the foundation for the spectate but equal mindset. He wanted to segregate the entirety of the “black race” to keep them away from the “white race”.

Most economic historians agree that slavery would have ended by itself eventually. It is not economically sustainable to pay for room, board, clothes, and medical care to a individual when you could just pay him a terrible wage and be done with it.

Slavery was a dying practice. To suggest the civil war was about slavery just an antiquated view from the winning side.

"The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights."

face-palm-gif.278959
As you've been shown repeatedly, but are too stupid to absorb, the south fought for independence so they could keep their slaves....

"The hostility to this institution commenced before the adoption of the Constitution, and was manifested in the well-known Ordinance of 1787, in regard to the Northwestern Territory.

The feeling increased, until, in 1819-20, it deprived the South of more than half the vast territory acquired from France.

The same hostility dismembered Texas and seized upon all the territory acquired from Mexico.

It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst."
You’re posting quotes and statements from elite Democrats you’re not getting any comments from the majority sediments of the Southerners.. The war was not started because of the ending of slavery,, As you admitted. lol

Now are you saying the south wouldn’t have ended slavery on its own yes or no answer the question you fucking loser

face-palm-gif.278959

Among other issues, you mean, right?

And it is funny the way you can't address his quotes from LIncoln and the Confederate President.

face-palm-gif.278959

LOL

Like with Hogan's Heroes, that didn't change the meaning of the flag or redeem General Lee, who led a revolt to protect slavery. They were props in TV shows to reflect their location.

My point was not that the show did anything to the symbol, but that the easy acceptance of it's portrayal of the symbol as a harmless symbol of regional pride, proves that the "rebranding" did occur, and was widely accepted by the nation as a whole.

That is my point.

Would you like to address it now, or would you like to pretend to not understand it some more?
The flag and the name didn't portay regional pride on the show anymore than it portrayed lawlessness as part of the south, which were the main characters of the show. The show was about some southerners and the flag and name were props to describe the location.

The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so.

AND, this behavior, done by the heroes of the show, was accepted as normal behavior, by the nation wide viewing audience.

THus, demonstrating my point, that the symbol has for over 5 generations been accepted by America as a whole, as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

Your denial of the fact that the characters were showing regional pride with those actions and symbols, is not credible. You are being very dishonest.
"The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so."

The "main characters" did no such thing, ys dumbshit. It was a TV show. The makers of the show put those on the car. And they did so to reflect the location was in the south. It had nothing to do with slavery or regional pride. It was just a prop on a TV show.

In the story told by the tv show, the main characters did it. And the nation as a whole, had no problem with them doing that, and being portrayed by the show as heroes.

Because the symbols had generations ago, stopped being about secession and slavery and long been "rebranded" as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

IF, as you claim, those symbols were seen by the nation as a whole, as symbols of secession and slavery and racism, the viewing audience would never have accepted them as the clean, wholesome characters they were presented as.
"IF, as you claim, those symbols were seen by the nation as a whole, as symbols of secession and slavery and racism..."

In reality, from which you are clearly divorced, I never claimed any such thing. I stated those were props developed by the show to demonstrate location. I never said they were received as symbols of slavery by the viewing audience. You made that up because fighting strawmen is the only way you feel you can win an argument. And for the record, I also never said they were seen as symbols of regional pride.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
According to historian of the South, Eugene Genovese, about fifteen percent of slaves stayed with their masters.

Open a lions cage and the lion will go back into its cage. It is what is most familiar

According to Carol Anderson, blacks had no other choice because the supreme court nullified the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments and blacks had no rights. They were being slaughtered all over the south and states rights eliminated their right to own land, work or even move where they pleased.

My point was not that the show did anything to the symbol, but that the easy acceptance of it's portrayal of the symbol as a harmless symbol of regional pride, proves that the "rebranding" did occur, and was widely accepted by the nation as a whole.

That is my point.

Would you like to address it now, or would you like to pretend to not understand it some more?
The flag and the name didn't portay regional pride on the show anymore than it portrayed lawlessness as part of the south, which were the main characters of the show. The show was about some southerners and the flag and name were props to describe the location.

The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so.

AND, this behavior, done by the heroes of the show, was accepted as normal behavior, by the nation wide viewing audience.

THus, demonstrating my point, that the symbol has for over 5 generations been accepted by America as a whole, as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

Your denial of the fact that the characters were showing regional pride with those actions and symbols, is not credible. You are being very dishonest.

In the story told by the tv show, the main characters did it. And the nation as a whole, had no problem with them doing that, and being portrayed by the show as heroes.

Because the symbols had generations ago, stopped being about secession and slavery and long been "rebranded" as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

IF, as you claim, those symbols were seen by the nation as a whole, as symbols of secession and slavery and racism, the viewing audience would never have accepted them as the clean, wholesome characters they were presented as.
"IF, as you claim, those symbols were seen by the nation as a whole, as symbols of secession and slavery and racism..."

In reality, from which you are clearly divorced, I never claimed any such thing. I stated those were props developed by the show to demonstrate location. I never said they were received as symbols of slavery by the viewing audience. You made that up because fighting strawmen is the only way you feel you can win an argument. And for the record, I also never said they were seen as symbols of regional pride.

Fair enough (that you did not claim it).

My point stands though. Katstevie is claiming that they are symbols of Evul, and other libs certianly have made that claim in the past.

If they were viewed that way, the show would never had used those symbols as "location demonstrators" and if the show did, the nation wide viewing audience would never have accepted The Duke Boys, as the Heroes of the Show.

PERHAPS, Boss Hogg, and the Sheriff would have been shown with the flag or a car named "The General Lee".

But the easy acceptance of the heroes of the show, painting the flag on the top of their car and naming the car THe General Lee, shows that such symbols were, at that time, accepted by the nation as a whole as completely harmless symbols of regional pride.

The easy acceptance by the nation wide viewing audience of the heroes' use of the symbols, proves that on the national stage, that the flag was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

That is the point. The reaction of the nation wide viewing audience. Which utterly refutes your claim.

You keep pretending to not get that.

That is the history of this.
The easy acceptance by the nation wide viewing audience of the heroes' use of the symbols, proves that on the national stage, that the flag was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

That is the point. The reaction of the nation wide viewing audience. Which utterly refutes your claim.

I have no need to "pretend" about ANYTHING. A TV show depicting some backwards, backwoods hillbillies as proof of the Confederate flag being a "regional symbol of pride" is the most humorous joke that I've heard in a long time.

Lastly.....fly it proudly, in an attempt to put lipstick on a PIG.

I saw plenty of confederate flags in the 60's.

I know what it stood for.

Again, the point is not the show, but the acceptance of it by the nation wide viewing audience.

It proves that the symbol has long been accepted by the nation as a whole, as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

"Nationwide viewing audience"?

We didn't watch that show in my household, nor did many that I knew during its run.

Most people that I knew at the time, viewed that show as a being an example of somewhere that they wouldn't want to be after dark.

If the "viewing audience" primarily consisted of Confederate flag waving individuals, it only proves that it appealed to a certain demographic.

Certainly not a nationwide audience.

I didn't watch it.

I'm sure that you did not. This is a ludicrous argument.

No doubt. These racists are in here trying to make slavery sound like paid employment with full benefits and a pension.

I have no need to "pretend" about ANYTHING. A TV show depicting some backwards, backwoods hillbillies as proof of the Confederate flag being a "regional symbol of pride" is the most humorous joke that I've heard in a long time.

Again, the point is not the show, but the acceptance of it by the nation wide viewing audience.

It proves that the symbol has long been accepted by the nation as a whole, as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

We didn't watch that show in my household, nor did many that I knew during its run.

Most people that I knew at the time, viewed that show as a being an example of somewhere that they wouldn't want to be after dark.

If the "viewing audience" primarily consisted of Confederate flag waving individuals, it only proves that it appealed to a certain demographic.

I didn't watch it.

I'm sure that you did not. This is a ludicrous argument.

No doubt. These racists are in here trying to make slavery sound like paid employment with full benefits and a pension.

Pointing out that the symbols of the "Confederate Flag" and the "General Lee", had been "rebranded" to NOT represent the actual historical Confederacy,

is not a defense of slavery.

D'uh.

Any white lib, that ever heard you say something like that, and pretended it was not retarded, was treating you like blacks can't be smart, because of race. FYI.

I addressed it already. Several times. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was nothing more than a cartoonish, buffoonish television show that portrayed some backwoods hicks who couldn't get out of their own way, as being harmless.

On the national and worldwide stage, that same flag represents much more than some innocuous symbol of "regional pride".

As I said before, fly it proudly.

Its history needs to be common knowledge.....and to most it is.

I addressed it already. Several times. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was nothing more than a cartoonish, buffoonish television show that portrayed some backwoods hicks who couldn't get out of their own way, as being harmless.

On the national and worldwide stage, that same flag represents much more than some innocuous symbol of "regional pride".

As I said before, fly it proudly.

Its history needs to be common knowledge.....and to most it is.

By nationwide viewing audience I am not talking about actual fans of the show, but all the people who were aware of the shows existence enough to know about the General Lee and the Good Ole Boys, Bo and Luke.

You and your peers might not have liked the show, nor wanted to hang around the South, but you raised no fuss about the use of supposedly Evul symbols, representing slavery and treason and racism,

because you knew that that was not the intent of the show producers, nor the characters in the story.

If you had made a fuss, you would have been laughed at.

Because those symbols had been "rebranded" generations before you were born, and accepted as harmless symbols of regional pride, by the very veterans that fought to defeat the Confederacy.

13841r.jpg

And the show's fan base was NOT limited to the South, or to any "certain demographic". It was a huge nation wide hit.

None of your use of a cast of hillbilly clowns redefines nor revises the historical significance of the confederate flag.

You can spin it anyway you wish, but it does not erase it's TRUE legacy.

By nationwide viewing audience I am not talking about actual fans of the show, but all the people who were aware of the shows existence enough to know about the General Lee and the Good Ole Boys, Bo and Luke.

You and your peers might not have liked the show, nor wanted to hang around the South, but you raised no fuss about the use of supposedly Evul symbols, representing slavery and treason and racism,

because you knew that that was not the intent of the show producers, nor the characters in the story.

Because those symbols had been "rebranded" generations before you were born, and accepted as harmless symbols of regional pride, by the very veterans that fought to defeat the Confederacy.

13841r.jpg

And the show's fan base was NOT limited to the South, or to any "certain demographic". It was a huge nation wide hit.

None of your use of a cast of hillbilly clowns redefines nor revises the historical significance of the confederate flag.

I get that you disagree with the "rebranding" that took place.

But my point is not that the show "rebranded" the symbols.

But that the easy acceptance of the treatment of those symbols, as symbols of harmless regional pride,

proves my point that that "rebranding", had taken place long ago.

You can disagree with the choices that were historically made.

But the "rebranding" of them as harmless symbols of regional pride, is historical fact, as I have demonstrated with my examples.

face-palm-gif.278959

And it is funny the way you can't address his quotes from LIncoln and the Confederate President.
Stop lying, I addressed them. I said I never claimed Lincoln's part of the war was over slavery and I'm showing how Davis' one quote is undermined by dozens of quotes from the states as given in their own statements for secession.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

face-palm-gif.278959

Stop lying, I addressed them. I said I never claimed Lincoln's part of the war was over slavery and I'm showing how Davis' one quote is undermined by dozens of quotes from the states as given in their own statements for secession.

Oh, sorry, guess I missed those replies.

ANyway, funny that you could not just say that they were both lying.

Correll,

The confederate flag that was used in that show was not even the original confederate flag. On top of that, the flag you bow to was created during the civil rights movement as a show of opposition to civil rights. your stories and claims have no merit based upon these facts. Unfortunately, you have the right in America to lie to yourself, but we have the right to tell you to shut the fuck up with that lie.

You can lead these troll bots to a dictionary but you can't make them think.

What good is a dictionary to you? You don't adhere to the full definition anyway.
You mean treat all the meanings listed as one and the same?

You're kidding, right? You do understand that when there is more than one definition of a word in the dictionary that there is more than one definition of the word, yes? Ergo, there is more to the word "racism" than just "...a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural..." It also entails hatred or intolerance of another race or racial prejudice or discrimination, as further defined by Dictionary.com and Merriam-Webster's.

Now, when you say "To experience black racism one would have to be a minority member in a place where blacks outnumber you, own and control more things, and have treated you as subhuman.", this is true. But it's not the only definition of the word. It is also defined as racial prejudice, among other things. Which means, when a black guy spits on me because I'm white, he was being racist. Black racism, not to put too fine a point on it.
It also means that when IM2 assumed I concocted my story of black racism, that falls under the "prejudice" definition of the word racism. He prejudged me a liar because I'm white and dared to claim that black racism exists. There was no other reason for him to make that assumption as he had no evidence.

Yeah, you really arrived late to the brain line.

I don't know, given that you seem to think that one dictionary definition cancels out the other definitions, I'm thinking maybe I got there ahead of you.

Last edited:

face-palm-gif.278959

I’m
Sure democrats paid him to say a lot of things just like they paid Obama.. nice book deal huh? Do you think he would’ve got that if he was honest you think he would’ve got that if he saved black lives in Chicago?

Last edited:

13841r.jpg

But that the easy acceptance of the treatment of those symbols, as symbols of harmless regional pride,

But the "rebranding" of them as harmless symbols of regional pride, is historical fact, as I have demonstrated with my examples.

Not "historical fact". More like historical "escapism", and abdication from human decency.

The show allowed a once a week escape route from a legacy that will live in history forever.

And served as a means to help those that were old enough to recall the real history, to label it as a now "harmless symbol"

As in, "All that we ever wanted, was the right to treat anyone however we pleased, because it was our right to do so, as an independent state".

I saw enough genuine "racecards" back in the 60's to know bullshit when I read it.

Correll,

The confederate flag that was used in that show was not even the original confederate flag. On top of that, the flag you bow to was created during the civil rights movement as a show of opposition to civil rights. your stories and claims have no merit based upon these facts. Unfortunately, you have the right in America to lie to yourself, but we have the right to tell you to shut the fuck up with that lie.

Well, yes and no.

The flag used in the show, was not the original confederate flag. It was NOT as you claimed, created during the civil rights movement as a show of opposition to civil rights. It was based on the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

Hell, here you see at the joint Union/Confederate Army Reunion.

13841r.jpg

I'd love to hear your explanation for a flag that you claim was created in the 1960s, being flown in 1938.

That post civil war southerns embraced NOT the actual national flag of the Confederacy, but instead a Battle Field Flag of General Lee's army, was, imo, obviously part of the rebranding process, moving the focus from the political and economic policies of the Confederacy and to the much more morally palatable military aspect of the War.

My point that the use of these symbols of regional pride, by the heroes of the story, being accepted by the nation as a whole, that that demonstrates that that "rebranding" took place and was accepted by the nation as a whole,

is completely valid and reasonable, and nothing you have said, really challenges that.

13841r.jpg

Not "historical fact". More like historical "escapism", and abdication from human decency.

The show allowed a once a week escape route from a legacy that will live in history forever.

And served as a means to help those that were old enough to recall the real history, to label it as a now "harmless symbol"

As in, "All that we ever wanted, was the right to treat anyone however we pleased, because it was our right to do so, as an independent state".

I saw enough genuine "racecards" back in the 60's to know bullshit when I read it.

The "rebranding" happened. The acceptance of the show by the nation as as whole, demonstrates that.

I understand that you think that allowing the "rebranding" of those symbols was wrong.

But that does not change the fact that, post Civil War, the nation of that time period, including the veterans that fought and defeated the South, implemented a policy of reconciliation with the South and part of that was accepting that the South was not going to be wallowing in guilt for the rest of history.

13841r.jpg

To generations of Americans, the Confederate Flag is part of American history, and long ago accepted as a part of ongoing American heritage, specifically as a symbol of southern regional pride, long ago stripped of any identification as secession or slavery or treason, or even racism.

AS DEMONSTRATED BY THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TV SHOW, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD.

Forum List

Back