The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

What you stated was that 90% of the south did not have slaves.

Must I continue to spoon feed you facts that you choose to ignore?

I said most
"America as a whole"?

Hardly. I've been to the majority of the states in this country, have quite a few active and retired educators in my family from states all over America, and heard many different views on it....very few of which view it as a "long standing, harmless symbol of regional pride", as you call it.

Outside of the south, and among a minuscule fringe of states rights sympathizers, it does not get much positive recognition.

At all.

But, I'm all for letting it fly, as a teachable example to future generations of what it's history stands for.

The photo below was taken within the "5 generation," period of "regional pride" that you reference, and I remember seeing some scenes like this, up close and personal when with my parents at civil rights marches in the south during the 1960's.

View attachment 313321

The Dukes of Hazzard represented the flag, as demonstrated with my pic of the Gen Lee, and it's owners and their very attractive cousin,

as a harmless symbol of regional pride, celebrated by sympathetic and attractive main characters, and the nation as a whole accepted that without any shock or surprise.

Indeed, that show became a NATIONAL hit, loved as good, harmless, fluff entertainment by fans all over this nation.

One buffoonish TV program does not negate what far many more viewed as a different type of "symbol".

The easy acceptance of the tv show, by the nation as a whole and the way it portrayed the symbol, shows that the vast majority of America, viewed it as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

THat is my point. Would you like to address it now, or pretend to not understand it some more?

I addressed it already. Several times. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was nothing more than a cartoonish, buffoonish television show that portrayed some backwoods hicks who couldn't get out of their own way, as being harmless.

On the national and worldwide stage, that same flag represents much more than some innocuous symbol of "regional pride".

As I said before, fly it proudly.

Its history needs to be common knowledge.....and to most it is.

The easy acceptance by the nation wide viewing audience of the heroes' use of the symbols, proves that on the national stage, that the flag was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

That is the point. The reaction of the nation wide viewing audience. Which utterly refutes your claim.

You keep pretending to not get that.

That is the history of this.
The nation also accepted the outright bigotry and racism of Archie Bunker in his role on a TV show. That doesn't mean bigotry or racism was, or is, tolerated by the folks who were entertained by it while watching All in the Family.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Why lie?

Slavery was the primary issue.
Tell that to the free blacks that joined lol latinos, asians, Indians.. GET AN EDUCATION LOL
LOLOL

You're beyond stupid. Arguing slavery wasn't a main cause because some blacks worked on the side of the confederacy is as moronic as claiming killing Jews wasn't a big part of the Holocaust because some Jews worked on the side of the nazis. :cuckoo:

And what made those blacks free...?
It absolutely wasn’t, said by BOTH LEADERS View attachment 313368GET AN EDUCATION !
Your meme is a strawman as I never claimed the north fought to end slavery. They fought to preserve the nation. A war they had to fight because the south attempted to secede. And Davis' remarks, despite his denial about slavery, echoed the south's stated reason for secession. Independence from the Constitutional federal government they felt was betrayed by trying to eradicate slavery...

"On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States.

The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy."
It’s not a meme it’s quotes for the reason of the war.. i’m pretty sure we know the reason for the war as stated by factual evidence.
If the south was actually fighting to keep black people as slaves why did free black men join the confederate army why did Latinos why did Indians why did Asians?

why were blacks staying on the plantation if they were treated so bad?

why did 25% of the slaves die After being removed by the Yankees?

why do we have quotes from slaves saying they preferred to stay with their masters because they were family and they were treated better?

your narrative makes no sense backed by facts
For the same reason some Jews worked on the side of the nazis -- self preservation.

• Thanks
LOLOL

The people didn't elect representatives to represent them?

You're actually getting dumber. :ack-1:

"The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due."

This stipulation was so material to the compact, that without it that compact would not have been made. The greater number of the contracting parties held slaves, and they had previously evinced their estimate of the value of such a stipulation by making it a condition in the Ordinance for the government of the territory ceded by Virginia, which now composes the States north of the Ohio River."

we have urban slave plantation’s today with Democrats have enforced new Jim Crowe laws that affect the education system that affect jobs that affect economic mobility.. let’s end it today.. are you with me?
You're a proven racist. Meaning anything you claim or propose is rooted in racism. And you've been caught lying repeatedly to further your racist agenda. Meaning whatever you suggest has an underlying purpose to perpetuate racism. So no, I neither accept your false premises nor agree with your proposals.
It’s a fact I see it every day the common black in Boston can’t talk properly! I can can barely talk properly because I went to black schools Democrats did nothing and continue to do nothing! They Are leading them back into slavery they’re building dozens of new government controlled housing projects to move these people in that is control
LOLOL

Shit, you can't "speak" proper English on this forum. And you're talking about the way others speak??

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif
Lol I’m wiping the floor with you lol you should be embarrassed lol
LOL

Saying that in the stark face of the opposite is nothing short of laughable.

Tell me again how slavery wasn't the primary reason for secession...

"In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."

Why lie?

Tell that to the free blacks that joined lol latinos, asians, Indians.. GET AN EDUCATION LOL
LOLOL

You're beyond stupid. Arguing slavery wasn't a main cause because some blacks worked on the side of the confederacy is as moronic as claiming killing Jews wasn't a big part of the Holocaust because some Jews worked on the side of the nazis. :cuckoo:

It absolutely wasn’t, said by BOTH LEADERS View attachment 313368GET AN EDUCATION !
Your meme is a strawman as I never claimed the north fought to end slavery. They fought to preserve the nation. A war they had to fight because the south attempted to secede. And Davis' remarks, despite his denial about slavery, echoed the south's stated reason for secession. Independence from the Constitutional federal government they felt was betrayed by trying to eradicate slavery...

"On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States.

The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy."
It’s not a meme it’s quotes for the reason of the war.. i’m pretty sure we know the reason for the war as stated by factual evidence.
If the south was actually fighting to keep black people as slaves why did free black men join the confederate army why did Latinos why did Indians why did Asians?

why do we have quotes from slaves saying they preferred to stay with their masters because they were family and they were treated better?

Im

You're a prolific IDIOT of the highest order. Runaway slaves were routinely whipped or killed, for even attempting to escape.

There were bounties on slaves who escaped to freedom . They ran a risk of being returned to captivity. If a slave had two options, one to escape or one to remain, many elected to survive.

You are the dumbest stone to ever post in a public forum.

I said most
The Dukes of Hazzard represented the flag, as demonstrated with my pic of the Gen Lee, and it's owners and their very attractive cousin,

as a harmless symbol of regional pride, celebrated by sympathetic and attractive main characters, and the nation as a whole accepted that without any shock or surprise.

Indeed, that show became a NATIONAL hit, loved as good, harmless, fluff entertainment by fans all over this nation.

One buffoonish TV program does not negate what far many more viewed as a different type of "symbol".

The easy acceptance of the tv show, by the nation as a whole and the way it portrayed the symbol, shows that the vast majority of America, viewed it as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

THat is my point. Would you like to address it now, or pretend to not understand it some more?

I addressed it already. Several times. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was nothing more than a cartoonish, buffoonish television show that portrayed some backwoods hicks who couldn't get out of their own way, as being harmless.

On the national and worldwide stage, that same flag represents much more than some innocuous symbol of "regional pride".

The easy acceptance by the nation wide viewing audience of the heroes' use of the symbols, proves that on the national stage, that the flag was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

That is the point. The reaction of the nation wide viewing audience. Which utterly refutes your claim.

The nation also accepted the outright bigotry and racism of Archie Bunker in his role on a TV show. That doesn't mean bigotry or racism was, or is, tolerated by the folks who were entertained by it while watching All in the Family.
But you say nothing about the Archie Bunker type behavior coming from African-Americans.. do you even know what intersectionality is? That’s where whites are on the bottom of any opinion .. that’s pretty racist

LOLOL

For the same reason some Jews worked on the side of the nazis -- self preservation.
The executioners of Jews were Jewish people they were generals in the nazi army.. glad you admit that

Many races fought for that flag, and still celebrate it .. Brazil’s Brown people celebrate it.. get a education
"get a education"

LOLOL

These jokes just write themselves.

:abgg2q.jpg:

And dumbass, nothing alters the reality that the south fought for independence so that they could keep their slaves.
Lol 90% of the south never even seen a slave lol you moron! Keep lying ,, get A education lol
So? Doesn't mean they didn't fight to keep slavery legal. Slavery was at the heart of the economy in the south, regardless of who owned slaves. That's why they didn't want to lose it.

Of course, I'm explaining that to a dolt who can't even properly spell a two letter word, even after being shown the correct spelling, so there's no hope of you understanding any of this.
How to handle slavery was ONE of the reasons.. why do you need to lie to black people? If you ever saw a recruiting newspaper clippings they never once mentioned slavery. Lol it talks about succession protect the LAND FROM INVADERS! Most didn’t know what was going on. No need to lie to blacks.. get A education lol
Why lie?

It was written in the confederate constitution.

Confederate constitution, Article IV Section 3(3)

The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several states; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form states to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory, the institution of negro slavery as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress, and by the territorial government: and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories, shall have the right to take to such territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the states or territories of the Confederate states

we have urban slave plantation’s today with Democrats have enforced new Jim Crowe laws that affect the education system that affect jobs that affect economic mobility.. let’s end it today.. are you with me?
You're a proven racist. Meaning anything you claim or propose is rooted in racism. And you've been caught lying repeatedly to further your racist agenda. Meaning whatever you suggest has an underlying purpose to perpetuate racism. So no, I neither accept your false premises nor agree with your proposals.
It’s a fact I see it every day the common black in Boston can’t talk properly! I can can barely talk properly because I went to black schools Democrats did nothing and continue to do nothing! They Are leading them back into slavery they’re building dozens of new government controlled housing projects to move these people in that is control
LOLOL

Shit, you can't "speak" proper English on this forum. And you're talking about the way others speak??

LOL

"In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."
Is this the quote of 100% of the Southerners? Lol NOOOOO that is a quote from the elite Democrats.. most Southerners didn’t own slaves most slaves were part of Southers families they wanted a different end it was going to end it was not economically Realistic to keep slavery going

I said most
"I said most"

Oh? Do you deny saying "90%" before changing that to "most?"

Lol 90% of the south never even seen a slave lol you moron! Keep lying ,, get A education lol
It says most,, can you read?
I quoted you first saying "90%" before you changed it to "most."

Why are you afraid to say, "yes" or "no," to my question.... do you deny posting "90%" before changing it to "most?" What does your fear reveal...?
It says most.. are you on crack?
It says "most" now because you changed it from "90%."
... don't fool yourself for a second that no one notices you don't deny changing it from "90%" to "most."

• Thanks
LOLOL

Im

You're a prolific IDIOT of the highest order. Runaway slaves were routinely whipped or killed, for even attempting to escape.

There were bounties on slaves who escaped to freedom . They ran a risk of being returned to captivity. If a slave had two options, one to escape or one to remain, many elected to survive.

You are the dumbest stone to ever post in a public forum.
And they’re still Whipped and, beat up in the streets if they leave the Democratic Party what is your fucking point

I said most
"I said most"

Oh? Do you deny saying "90%" before changing that to "most?"

It says most,, can you read?
I quoted you first saying "90%" before you changed it to "most."

Why are you afraid to say, "yes" or "no," to my question.... do you deny posting "90%" before changing it to "most?" What does your fear reveal...?
It says most.. are you on crack?
It says "most" now because you changed it from "90%."
... don't fool yourself for a second that no one notices you don't deny changing it from "90%" to "most."

If the north was for the ending of slavery and the war started in 1861 why did Abraham Lincoln sign the emancipation in 1863?? Hmmmm lol

LOL

Like with Hogan's Heroes, that didn't change the meaning of the flag or redeem General Lee, who led a revolt to protect slavery. They were props in TV shows to reflect their location.

My point was not that the show did anything to the symbol, but that the easy acceptance of it's portrayal of the symbol as a harmless symbol of regional pride, proves that the "rebranding" did occur, and was widely accepted by the nation as a whole.

That is my point.

Would you like to address it now, or would you like to pretend to not understand it some more?
The flag and the name didn't portay regional pride on the show anymore than it portrayed lawlessness as part of the south, which were the main characters of the show. The show was about some southerners and the flag and name were props to describe the location.

The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so.

AND, this behavior, done by the heroes of the show, was accepted as normal behavior, by the nation wide viewing audience.

THus, demonstrating my point, that the symbol has for over 5 generations been accepted by America as a whole, as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

Your denial of the fact that the characters were showing regional pride with those actions and symbols, is not credible. You are being very dishonest.
"The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so."

Holyfuckingshit :eusa_doh:

The "main characters" did no such thing, ys dumbshit. It was a TV show. The makers of the show put those on the car. And they did so to reflect the location was in the south. It had nothing to do with slavery or regional pride. It was just a prop on a TV show.

face-palm-gif.278959
Do you know why Abraham Lincoln signed the emancipation in 1863 after the war was already started in 1861? Lol hehehe
Of course. To keep with his words from years earlier... he was fighting the Civil War to keep the nation whole. Emancipation was a tool to give him an edge to attain that goal.

• Thanks
My point was not that the show did anything to the symbol, but that the easy acceptance of it's portrayal of the symbol as a harmless symbol of regional pride, proves that the "rebranding" did occur, and was widely accepted by the nation as a whole.

That is my point.

Would you like to address it now, or would you like to pretend to not understand it some more?
The flag and the name didn't portay regional pride on the show anymore than it portrayed lawlessness as part of the south, which were the main characters of the show. The show was about some southerners and the flag and name were props to describe the location.

The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so.

AND, this behavior, done by the heroes of the show, was accepted as normal behavior, by the nation wide viewing audience.

THus, demonstrating my point, that the symbol has for over 5 generations been accepted by America as a whole, as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

Your denial of the fact that the characters were showing regional pride with those actions and symbols, is not credible. You are being very dishonest.
"The main characters, who painted the flag on the roof of their car, and named their car, The General Lee, were clearly and obviously showing regional pride in doing so."

The "main characters" did no such thing, ys dumbshit. It was a TV show. The makers of the show put those on the car. And they did so to reflect the location was in the south. It had nothing to do with slavery or regional pride. It was just a prop on a TV show.

face-palm-gif.278959
Do you know why Abraham Lincoln signed the emancipation in 1863 after the war was already started in 1861? Lol hehehe
Of course. To keep with his words from years earlier... he was fighting the Civil War to keep the nation whole. Emancipation was a tool to give him an edge to attain that goal.
Lmfao hahahahah you are full of shit! The war started not to end slavery! You idiot!

That is my point.

face-palm-gif.278959
Neither the North or the South initially wanted to abolish slavery. The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights. The north did not desire to free enslaved people until it was clear Lincoln would need more men to end the war and bring the southern states back into the fold.

For reference, the American Civil war started in 1861.

Lincoln did not sign and put into effect the Emancipation Proclamation until 1863.

To deify Lincoln as a pure and upstanding person is kind of misguided. He was actually pretty racist.

“During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.””

-FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

Lincoln was the foundation for the spectate but equal mindset. He wanted to segregate the entirety of the “black race” to keep them away from the “white race”.

Most economic historians agree that slavery would have ended by itself eventually. It is not economically sustainable to pay for room, board, clothes, and medical care to a individual when you could just pay him a terrible wage and be done with it.

Slavery was a dying practice. To suggest the civil war was about slavery just an antiquated view from the winning side.

The civil war was about keeping the Union together.

FACTS! THAT IS THE ACTUAL NARRATIVE STOP LISTING TO DEMOCRATS!

LOLOL

LOL

Is this the quote of 100% of the Southerners? Lol NOOOOO that is a quote from the elite Democrats.. most Southerners didn’t own slaves most slaves were part of Southers families they wanted a different end it was going to end it was not economically Realistic to keep slavery going
Of course it's not the view of every southerner. It was still done in their name whether they agreed with it or not.

And you say "most" now because even you know you were retarded to first say "90%."

LOLOL

LOL

Of course it's not the view of every southerner. It was still done in their name whether they agreed with it or not.

And you say "most" now because even you know you were retarded to first say "90%."

Yes by democrats

face-palm-gif.278959
Lmfao hahahahah you are full of shit! The war started not to end slavery! You idiot!
LOLOL

I never said "the war started not to end slavery."

You're such a flaming moron, you're now arguing with your own hallucinations.

face-palm-gif.278959
Neither the North or the South initially wanted to abolish slavery. The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights. The north did not desire to free enslaved people until it was clear Lincoln would need more men to end the war and bring the southern states back into the fold.

For reference, the American Civil war started in 1861.

Lincoln did not sign and put into effect the Emancipation Proclamation until 1863.

To deify Lincoln as a pure and upstanding person is kind of misguided. He was actually pretty racist.

“During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.””

-FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

Lincoln was the foundation for the spectate but equal mindset. He wanted to segregate the entirety of the “black race” to keep them away from the “white race”.

Most economic historians agree that slavery would have ended by itself eventually. It is not economically sustainable to pay for room, board, clothes, and medical care to a individual when you could just pay him a terrible wage and be done with it.

Slavery was a dying practice. To suggest the civil war was about slavery just an antiquated view from the winning side.

The civil war was about keeping the Union together.

FACTS! THAT IS THE ACTUAL NARRATIVE STOP LISTING TO DEMOCRATS!
"The south seceding to form the confederacy was done over an issue of states rights."

The states' right to keep slavery legal.

face-palm-gif.278959

I said most

Carroll O'Connor himself was an anti racist and personally rejected the beliefs of Archie Bunker.

LOLOL

LOL

Yes by democrats
The region now being held mostly by Republicans. Conservatives have always been the ideology of racism regardless of which political party they favored.

Forum List

Back