The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

I don't have to. Go back and study history and you will understand why that vote is important.

I didn't ask you why black votes are or aren't important.

I asked what's stopping black folk from registering and voting.

I don't have to. Go back and study history and you will understand why that vote is important.

The same thing that had them change parties, they are just to damn IGNORANT to figure it out. They need a white liberal to hold their hand and show them the way.

The same thing that had them change parties, they are just to damn IGNORANT to figure it out. They need a white liberal to hold their hand and show them the way.

Since I am black and know that's not the case, I'll chalk your commentary up as another ignorant crackerism. If the law says blacks can't vote, that stops blacks from registering and voting. The fact that every republican but one voted against our right to vote shows where the republican party is today on civil rights.

I do not dispute the fact that trump is a racist. A white boy trying to tell me he's not is not going to change my mind.

You did not dispute the facts, with facts, when I proved that Trump loves negro citizens ---including self-loathing Bootlickers like, you, who idolize Biden for wiping out an entire generation of Black males with his 1994 Crime Bill.

I do not dispute the fact that trump is a racist. A white boy trying to tell me he's not is not going to change my mind.

You did not dispute the facts, with facts, when I proved that Trump loves negro citizens ---including self-loathing Bootlickers like, you, who idolize Biden for wiping out an entire generation of Black males with his 1994 Crime Bill.

HBCU'S only serve 11 percent of the blacks going to college. Meanwhile hes trying to erase AA on college campuses claiming that it discriminates against whites.

Corey Booker wrote advocated and got the first step act passed. Meanwhile trump has appointed over 150 racist right wing judges to courts.

Obama had the most diverse cabinet in history.

The black unemployment rate began dropping under Obama and it has dropped less under trump. Meanwhile black unemployment is still double that of whites, blacks still earn less than whites, blacks have one tenth the wealth of whites, and black poverty is more than double that of whites.

All 4 of these women were American citizens. 3 of the members of the squad were born in America and one immigrated here and is a naturalized citizen. So trump was not saying what you are trying to lie about.

Wow, trump called Sweden to release a black guy. I guess that means he's certainly not a racist.. LOL!

Elizabeth Warren was not delivering speeches with divisive rhetoric and advocating violence. Trump was.

You didn't present any facts son. trump is a racist. And trump supported the crime bill in 1994 as a democrat. So just shut your ass. You keep talking about the crime bill, but I've told you about that. So just shut up with the propaganda white boy, because there are a lot of adults out there today who were spared from gangs, jail or death thanks to provisions in that bill that provided money for community youth programs.

The crime bill died in 2004. Explain why mass incarceration continued after there was no law that would allow it to happen since that's what you are claiming.

1122572d1487594281-battle-%241500-27-5-plus-hardtails-whats-your-pick-here-endeth-lesson.jpg

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia

Kennedy called the congressional leaders to the White House in late October 1963 to line up the necessary votes in the House for passage.[11] The bill was reported out of the Judiciary Committee in November 1963 and referred to the Rules Committee, whose chairman, Howard W. Smith, a Democrat and staunch segregationist from Virginia, indicated his intention to keep the bill bottled up indefinitely

Johnson, who wanted the bill passed as soon as possible, ensured that the bill would be quickly considered by the Senate. Normally, the bill would have been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by United States Senator James O. Eastland, Democrat from Mississippi. Given Eastland's firm opposition, it seemed impossible that the bill would reach the Senate floor

When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage

After 54 days of filibuster, Senators Hubert Humphrey (D-MN), Mike Mansfield (D-MT), Everett Dirksen (R-IL), and Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), introduced a substitute bill that they hoped would attract enough Republican swing votes in addition to the core liberal Democrats behind the legislation to end the filibuster. The compromise bill was weaker than the House version in regard to government power to regulate the conduct of private business, but it was not so weak as to cause the House to reconsider the legislation.[18]

On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation. Until then, the measure had occupied the Senate for 60 working days, including six Saturdays. A day earlier, Democratic Whip Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota, the bill's manager, concluded he had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate and end the filibuster. With six wavering senators providing a four-vote victory margin, the final tally stood at 71 to 29. Never in history had the Senate been able to muster enough votes to cut off a filibuster on a civil rights bill. And only once in the 37 years since 1927 had it agreed to cloture for any measure.[19]

The Senate version:[21]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[21]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Breakdown by region.

The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%) (four Representatives from Texas, two from Tennessee and Claude Pepper of Florida voted in favor)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

so 87 democratic representatives vote NO only 10 Republican from the South. while 9 Northern democrats and 24 republicans from other states voted no

ONLY 7 representatives from the South voted yes .in the House

In the Senate 21 democrats voted NO and 6 republicans

Yet we are to believe blacks are so STUPID that this was what caused them to switch parties.
Yes, you believe blacks are SO STUPID -- which is why you dic suckers continue to struggle with growing the black vote -- and it is also the reason why you love black folks like Candace Owens who put on minstrel shows for your entertainment....

Now.....can you tell me were there any of these prominent conservatives down south, putting their life on the line and marching next to MLK for Civil and Voting rights? Nope...

Thousands fought to save the union. Nothing else.

I am not going to give whites credit for fixing a problem they created. Slavery was unnecessary and to think that you can tell us how we should be grateful because whites died in a war is foolish. You need to thank the native americans that agreed to let whites stay here in the beginning.
Especially with the billions of dollars being made in the cotton industry, that they would go to war rather than share any of that wealth with those who created it.

Simply put, YOU were not a black voter in 1964, nor were you even born. I was, and I heard them voice their disdain for Goldwaters draconian "states rights, government overreach" INSULT, first hand.

You, did not.

My parents and grandparents were involved in the civil rights movement, and on foot they went out and knocked on doors to convince registered black voters in our community to leave the Republican party.

Because they were OUTRAGED and INSULTED.

Black voters WERE insulted by it. PERIOD.

Your post is nothing but speculation and a thinly veiled defense of an ideology that the civil war should have buried FOREVER.

Consequently, his position further drove black voters out of the Republican party, as it should have.

And it also left a PERMANENT stain on his legacy. As it SHOULD HAVE.

Putting the rights of citizens on hold due to what an outdated politician calls "government overreach," WAS AN INSULT.

PERIOD.

You claimed it was an "insult to their intelligence".

That statement only makes sense, if you were assuming his stated position was a lie.

I have no doubt that the blacks of the time disagreed with him on that issue. If they choose to take offense at his position, that was their choice. I have no doubt that that was not Barry Goldwater's intent.

"Stain"? Time will tell. IMO, the government has certainly gone into "overreach" and the results have not been good.

IN the future, historians, white and black, might look back at him and his defeat as a very bad turning point for the US.

You are free to think as you wish. But the black voters of that generation DID take his position as an INSULT to their intelligence and they took it as an assault upon their value as tax paying citizens.

And I seriously doubt that anyone who believes in equality of the most basic rights for all citizens will view his defeat in the future as a "bad turning point.

If they have even a shred of moral decency.

And that is what this is about. You lefties NEED to define any political disagreements as emotionally and personally as possible,

because you use that for demagoguery, to turn various groups of voters, against your enemies, to prevent them from listening to the other side, on other issues.

It is how you are dividing America.

Right now, issues such as Abortion could be a bridge between black conservatives and the Republican Party, which represents the majority of whites.

BUT, people like you, lie about valid political disagreements and turn them into poison.

Barry Goldwater, disagreeing on how to achieve equality, was not an insult to blacks. It was a valid political disagreement.

But you people need to lie about it, to keep your lock on black votes.

You are purposefully dividing this nation, for partisan gain.

As you were told before, and are being told for the final time, I SAW the outrage in registered black voters over Goldwaters position on passing the civil rights bill. It was a condescending INSULT and an ASSAULT on the rights of black citizens, and there is no rhetoric that you can spew to justify it as being "OK".

You were not even a blip on the radar during that era, and for YOU to climb on a soapbox and make a feeble attempt to lecture someone that saw it first hand is an an asinine joke that I am not even going to dignify with an argument.

Who in the hell do you think you are to categorize someone that you know nothing about as a so called "lefty, trying to divide the country", simply because I lived in an era where I actually saw where an outdated politician used peoples rights as a bargaining chip to take a position on a moral issue that should have been a no brainer based on human decency?

You nor anyone that you know was ever forced to ride in the back of a bus, accept substandard public services, be denied service based on race, or had urine and feces thrown on them for peacefully protesting just for the right to vote.

I saw those things happen, before you were even spit out.

You could not even imagine what that actually looks like. And if you actually experienced it first hand you would probably committ suicide or turn into a mass shooter.

The way that you constantly bellyache and piss and moan about "discrimination against white people", but seem to think it was ok to put BASIC rights for all on hold because of "government overreach" is a glaring example of the REAL HYPOCRISY that actually divides this country.

Your double standards for justice, make you a hypocrite who talks out of both sides of your mouth.

Barry Goldwater disagreeing with implementing equal rights for all for the sake of what he thought was proper "government protocol" was wrong, which is exactly why he he lost the election and contributed to driving numerous black voters out of YOUR party.

And for you to even attempt to wage a weak argument in a laughable effort to defend his poor decision nearly 60 years ago, just for the purpose of justifying your blind political loyalty in the face of utter stupidity speaks volumes about you as a person.

Everytime that I make the mistake of wasting time engaging you in a conversation of any kind, you manage to sink to the same level of absurdity, outright bald faced lies, and personal politics over country.

But at least you are a great reminder of the fact that the times which I recall so well, from many decades ago, could return very quickly because of people like YOU.
Let me get this right, blacks are SO IGNORANT that while the vast majority of Republicans and MORE then democrats I might add, voted for the bill, they were upset one guy didn't? So upset they joined the party that actually voted against it more then the Republicans? REALLY?

Seriously?

It is obvious that YOUR basic rights as a citizen have NEVER been subject to any kind of "vote", so you would be uninformed on how people who have, actually felt about even "temporary" opposition to their rights by a person who possibly could have led the country, for the sake of political posturing to appease a historically bigoted, backward geographical region.

Have you forgotten that this:ONE GUY" was running for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES in that year?

That happens to be the person who is often referred to as the so called "leader of the free world". In that era, there WAS NOT true freedom for all, in America, in case you were unaware of that fact.

The person who signed the legislation into law got the votes of the people who the law affected.

The level of ignorance of some people here is BEYOND astonishing.

Last edited:

That statement only makes sense, if you were assuming his stated position was a lie.

I have no doubt that the blacks of the time disagreed with him on that issue. If they choose to take offense at his position, that was their choice. I have no doubt that that was not Barry Goldwater's intent.

"Stain"? Time will tell. IMO, the government has certainly gone into "overreach" and the results have not been good.

IN the future, historians, white and black, might look back at him and his defeat as a very bad turning point for the US.

You are free to think as you wish. But the black voters of that generation DID take his position as an INSULT to their intelligence and they took it as an assault upon their value as tax paying citizens.

And I seriously doubt that anyone who believes in equality of the most basic rights for all citizens will view his defeat in the future as a "bad turning point.

And that is what this is about. You lefties NEED to define any political disagreements as emotionally and personally as possible,

because you use that for demagoguery, to turn various groups of voters, against your enemies, to prevent them from listening to the other side, on other issues.

Right now, issues such as Abortion could be a bridge between black conservatives and the Republican Party, which represents the majority of whites.

BUT, people like you, lie about valid political disagreements and turn them into poison.

Barry Goldwater, disagreeing on how to achieve equality, was not an insult to blacks. It was a valid political disagreement.

As you were told before, and are being told for the final time, I SAW the outrage in registered black voters over Goldwaters position on passing the civil rights bill. It was a condescending INSULT and an ASSAULT on the rights of black citizens, and there is no rhetoric that you can spew to justify it as being "OK".

You were not even a blip on the radar during that era, and for YOU to climb on a soapbox and make a feeble attempt to lecture someone that saw it first hand is an an asinine joke that I am not even going to dignify with an argument.

Who in the hell do you think you are to categorize someone that you know nothing about as a so called "lefty, trying to divide the country", simply because I lived in an era where I actually saw where an outdated politician used peoples rights as a bargaining chip to take a position on a moral issue that should have been a no brainer based on human decency?

You nor anyone that you know was ever forced to ride in the back of a bus, accept substandard public services, be denied service based on race, or had urine and feces thrown on them for peacefully protesting just for the right to vote.

You could not even imagine what that actually looks like. And if you actually experienced it first hand you would probably committ suicide or turn into a mass shooter.

The way that you constantly bellyache and piss and moan about "discrimination against white people", but seem to think it was ok to put BASIC rights for all on hold because of "government overreach" is a glaring example of the REAL HYPOCRISY that actually divides this country.

Your double standards for justice, make you a hypocrite who talks out of both sides of your mouth.

Barry Goldwater disagreeing with implementing equal rights for all for the sake of what he thought was proper "government protocol" was wrong, which is exactly why he he lost the election and contributed to driving numerous black voters out of YOUR party.

And for you to even attempt to wage a weak argument in a laughable effort to defend his poor decision nearly 60 years ago, just for the purpose of justifying your blind political loyalty in the face of utter stupidity speaks volumes about you as a person.

Everytime that I make the mistake of wasting time engaging you in a conversation of any kind, you manage to sink to the same level of absurdity, outright bald faced lies, and personal politics over country.

But at least you are a great reminder of the fact that the times which I recall so well, from many decades ago, could return very quickly because of people like YOU.
Let me get this right, blacks are SO IGNORANT that while the vast majority of Republicans and MORE then democrats I might add, voted for the bill, they were upset one guy didn't? So upset they joined the party that actually voted against it more then the Republicans? REALLY?

Seriously?

It is obvious that YOUR basic rights as a citizen have NEVER been subject to any kind of "vote", so you would be uninformed on how people who have, actually felt about even "temporary" opposition to their rights by a person who possibly could have led the country, for the sake of political posturing to appease a historically bigoted, backward geographical region.

Have you forgotten that this:ONE GUY" was running for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES in that year?

That happens to be the person who is often referred to as the so called "leader of the free world". In that era, there WAS NOT true freedom for all, in America, in case you were unaware of that fact.

The person who signed the legislation into law got the votes of the people who the law affected.

Now will be a good time to talk about Sammy Davis Jr......these conservatives are quick to point to Sammy Davis Jr. as an example of a black conservative...

But here is why I say that most black voters should care about policies, not the personalities of politicians...Sammy liked Nixon (much like Kanye and Trump) -- but Sammy thought having Nixon's ear would mean he can get him to implement policies he felt would benefit his community...but...he was duped...

"How could the man who’d given financial support to the Black Panther Party, raised legal defense funds for Angela Davis, contributed to the United Negro College Fund, and supported Bobby Seale for mayor of Oakland be the same guy publicly endorsing Nixon? Davis saw his allegiance with Nixon as an opportunity, not a betrayal. By accepting invitations, he had the president’s ear and could advocate for issues that affected black people --- All of the anti-poverty programs that had been cut back — Head Start, manpower training centers — would need to be funded. They also talked about making Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday a national holiday. But when he talked to Ebony in 1976 for his cover story, he admitted he didn’t see any of those things being done. He later regretted supporting Nixon, who was not only a bigot, but so corrupt that Congress approved three articles of impeachment against him."

When this black celebrity showed his support for a bigoted president, people were pissed

Seriously?

Now will be a good time to talk about Sammy Davis Jr......these conservatives are quick to point to Sammy Davis Jr. as an example of a black conservative...

But here is why I say that most black voters should care about policies, not the personalities of politicians...Sammy liked Nixon (much like Kanye and Trump) -- but Sammy thought having Nixon's ear would mean he can get him to implement policies he felt would benefit his community...but...he was duped...

"How could the man who’d given financial support to the Black Panther Party, raised legal defense funds for Angela Davis, contributed to the United Negro College Fund, and supported Bobby Seale for mayor of Oakland be the same guy publicly endorsing Nixon? Davis saw his allegiance with Nixon as an opportunity, not a betrayal. By accepting invitations, he had the president’s ear and could advocate for issues that affected black people --- All of the anti-poverty programs that had been cut back — Head Start, manpower training centers — would need to be funded. They also talked about making Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday a national holiday. But when he talked to Ebony in 1976 for his cover story, he admitted he didn’t see any of those things being done. He later regretted supporting Nixon, who was not only a bigot, but so corrupt that Congress approved three articles of impeachment against him."

When this black celebrity showed his support for a bigoted president, people were pissed

Great point. I forgot about Sammy endorsing Nixon. Did you know that James Brown did as well?

Black Supporters of President Under Fire

Seriously?

Ya I agree you and your buddy IM2 are beyond stupid and if blacks used this as an excuse to join the democrats they were ignorant as hell.

Seriously?

Great point. I forgot about Sammy endorsing Nixon. Did you know that James Brown did as well?

Black Supporters of President Under Fire
Yes, James Brown was a big Nixon fan....Nixon put James and Sammy on some economic empowerment committee --- but it turned out just to be something to use for photo ops...

Since I am black and know that's not the case, I'll chalk your commentary up as another ignorant crackerism. If the law says blacks can't vote, that stops blacks from registering and voting. The fact that every republican but one voted against our right to vote shows where the republican party is today on civil rights.

It does not stop you from a self-loathing, harlequin, who is referring to a group of people of which few or none of them are even alive anymore.

President Trump is trending at 30% of the negro vote ---whereas in '08 the GOP nominee got 2% of the negro vote.

Wake up. Stop telling lies. Then, wise up.

The black unemployment rate began dropping under Obama and it has dropped less under trump. Meanwhile black unemployment is still double that of whites, blacks still earn less than whites, blacks have one tenth the wealth of whites, and black poverty is more than double that of whites.

All 4 of these women were American citizens. 3 of the members of the squad were born in America and one immigrated here and is a naturalized citizen. So trump was not saying what you are trying to lie about.

Wow, trump called Sweden to release a black guy. I guess that means he's certainly not a racist.. LOL!

Elizabeth Warren was not delivering speeches with divisive rhetoric and advocating violence. Trump was.

You didn't present any facts son. trump is a racist. And trump supported the crime bill in 1994 as a democrat. So just shut your ass. You keep talking about the crime bill, but I've told you about that. So just shut up with the propaganda white boy, because there are a lot of adults out there today who were spared from gangs, jail or death thanks to provisions in that bill that provided money for community youth programs.

The crime bill died in 2004. Explain why mass incarceration continued after there was no law that would allow it to happen since that's what you are claiming.

HBCU'S only serve 11 percent of the blacks going to college. Meanwhile hes trying to erase AA on college campuses claiming that it discriminates against whites.

Corey Booker wrote advocated and got the first step act passed. Meanwhile trump has appointed over 150 racist right wing judges to courts.

1122572d1487594281-battle-%241500-27-5-plus-hardtails-whats-your-pick-here-endeth-lesson.jpg

lol

"You didn't present any facts..."

No matter how many lies you tell here, today, the facts at my link will not change. Nope. There's nothing you can do to erase those acts of love President Trump shows negros from 2017-2020.

"And trump supported the crime bill in 1994 as a democrat"

Post the links to validate your dumb claim. Period.

"The crime bill died in 2004. Explain why mass incarceration continued after there was no law"

You really are one dumbfucc, eh? lol

It continued because the practices and cultures and mindsets did not change within, racism's cops, just because a physical left the books in 2004. The racist criminal justice will always find ways to continue subjugating negros.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 made racial discrimination, illegal. but that did not stop White racists from continuing to be racist did it?

The Homeland Security Acts made it illegal to be terrorist toward the USA, but surely, it has not stopped humans from terrorizing our homeland has it?

Go gain some critical thinking/critical analysis skills, fool.

It does not stop you from a self-loathing, harlequin, who is referring to a group of people of which few or none of them are even alive anymore.

President Trump is trending at 30% of the negro vote ---whereas in '08 the GOP nominee got 2% of the negro vote.

Keep calling them “negroes”
That will show them how conservatives really feel about them.

trump has been trending at 10 percent throughout his entire presidency according to gallup. Rasmussen doesn't count. Shut up white boy.

Forum List

Back