the First 100-Hours.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
http://narc.org/eregions/legislative-update/the-first-100-hours.html
The major issue that might stop this from happening is cost projections and neither Pelosi or Reid have explained where the estimated $285 Billion price tag to complete the project will be raised from, Pelosi has stated she is going to raise taxes on those who make a million dollars or more a year but that will only increase the Treasury by $10.4 Billion.

Anyone know how they plan on funding the cargo searching bill?
It sounds good but why the need to tax us on it? Can't they pass the bill on to the shippers importing the goods that need to be searched? Doesn't it make sense to just add that extra cost to the 'shipping and handling' charges for all imported goods? Of course this would drive up the cost of imported goods, but isn't that better than taxing the entire population (well, the middle class since obviously the upper class can't pay for it all) to pay for cost of cargo shipping. But no, the Dims would rather pass the buck onto Americans than the foreign countries dumping cheap goods into our country.

It sounds good but why the need to tax us on it? Can't they pass the bill on to the shippers importing the goods that need to be searched? Doesn't it make sense to just add that extra cost to the 'shipping and handling' charges for all imported goods? Of course this would drive up the cost of imported goods, but isn't that better than taxing the entire population (well, the middle class since obviously the upper class can't pay for it all) to pay for cost of cargo shipping. But no, the Dims would rather pass the buck onto Americans than the foreign countries dumping cheap goods into our country.

Well, and as a SIDE benifit, it would make AMERICAN goods cost a whole lot less.:eusa_think:

Great Idea Hawk....:clap2:

I'm not sure it would make American goods cost a lot less. China saves so much on manufacturing costs that we can't even offset it by paying only minimum wage with no benefits and not having to ship across the entire Pacific Ocean.

I'm not sure it would make American goods cost a lot less. China saves so much on manufacturing costs that we can't even offset it by paying only minimum wage with no benefits and not having to ship across the entire Pacific Ocean.

Ain't slave labor great ? I bet if thy could get here they would even cut lawns for next to nothing.

Pelosi has stated she is going to raise taxes on those who make a million dollars or more a year but that will only increase the Treasury by $10.4 Bil

That's what she said, now what didn't she say? Therein lies the answer.

Actually, there's been heavy criticism of the Democrats taking yesterday off for a football game...Ohio State v. University of Florida. No matter that it was a night game. Next week, it's MLK Day, they don't like Mondays apparently.

The new Congress seems to be sticking with "safe" issues - raising the minimum wage, expanding worthless ESCR, oversighting everything under the sun as well as supporting college football.

Passing the bill on to the shippers is also passing the bill on to Americans. The companies don't cut their profits in order to pay for checked cargo shipping. Instead they raise their prices to maintain profits and pass the extra cost of shipping to the consumers.

Heck if I just read the yahoo news right, the dems in Congress intend to make thier agenda all of the commissions recommendations. In spite of the fact they found them more than wanting.

Heck if I just read the yahoo news right, the dems in Congress intend to make thier agenda all of the commissions recommendations. In spite of the fact they found them more than wanting.

nothing is a good idea until the dems can implement it ....

It's was clear from the start of the Congress that Republicans will act as usual which is to undermine our soldiers, our country, our families, and our workers and continue to support those whose interests are contrary to the overall prosperity of America. I commend Democrats for taking the initiative and doing what needs to be done and I personally say let the Republicans whine as it's clear that their interests are so contrary to ours that they can go to hell where they belong. It's time for people to speak up and tell Republicans to shut the hell up, sit the hell down and get the hell out of the way as the traitors that they are and vote for jerk off retards like themselves to represent their evil Republican agenda. :clap2: Take that Republicans :rofl:

Passing the bill on to the shippers is also passing the bill on to Americans. The companies don't cut their profits in order to pay for checked cargo shipping. Instead they raise their prices to maintain profits and pass the extra cost of shipping to the consumers.

It would only pass the bill onto Americans that chose to buy products from foreign countries (or from American companies using imported goods). The point is doing it that way would give American companies that use American resources/goods would be given a competitive edge. Thats a much better route than simply taxing every American even if they only buy made in America goods.

It's was clear from the start of the Congress that Republicans will act as usual which is to undermine our soldiers, our country, our families, and our workers and continue to support those whose interests are contrary to the overall prosperity of America. I commend Democrats for taking the initiative and doing what needs to be done and I personally say let the Republicans whine as it's clear that their interests are so contrary to ours that they can go to hell where they belong. It's time for people to speak up and tell Republicans to shut the hell up, sit the hell down and get the hell out of the way as the traitors that they are and vote for jerk off retards like themselves to represent their evil Republican agenda. :clap2: Take that Republicans :rofl:

Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread. Nowhere did I say the bill is a bad one, I am all for it. We are talking about how its going to be paid for. I think its only logical to bill the shippers themselves, not the American taxpayer. This would drive imported goods prices up, and that should help push the trade deficit down --which is what Democrats have been whinning about. But instead of doing that, they are poised to simply raise taxes on the middle class, further strangulating our economy.

Now why don't you voice your opinion on this matter instead of posting some generalized rant against Republicans.

Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread. Nowhere did I say the bill is a bad one, I am all for it. We are talking about how its going to be paid for. I think its only logical to bill the shippers themselves, not the American taxpayer. This would drive imported goods prices up, and that should help push the trade deficit down --which is what Democrats have been whinning about. But instead of doing that, they are poised to simply raise taxes on the middle class, further strangulating our economy. Now why don't you voice your opinion on this matter instead of posting some generalized rant against Republicans.

It has to do with what I have chosen to talk about and as for what we are talking about that is for me to decide as you do not speak for me. So let me be very clear for you. I do not intend to talk about how its going to be paid for :eusa_hand: As for what I will voice my opinion on that is my concern and not yours and you can shut the hell up and shove off if you think I am going to voice my opinion as you dictate. Contrary to what you think I am not your b--ch. So either post a response to what I said or shut the hell up and shove off and find some other retard here who will allow you to dictate the course of this thread simply because you were silly enough to start it. :rofl:

It has to do with what I have chosen to talk about and as for what we are talking about that is for me to decide as you do not speak for me. So let me be very clear for you. I do not intend to talk about how its going to be paid for :eusa_hand: As for what I will voice my opinion on that is my concern and not yours and you can shut the hell up and shove off if you think I am going to voice my opinion as you dictate. Contrary to what you think I am not your b--ch. So either post a response to what I said or shut the hell up and shove off and find some other retard here who will allow you to dictate the course of this thread simply because you were silly enough to start it. :rofl:

You didn't say anything, except Republicans should 'shut the hell up'. Well, I'm not a Republican so I don't know what you expect me to say or not say. You seem to be new here. Maybe you're unaware that typically we try to keep conversations on the topic of the thread. If you have nothing to say about how this bill will be paid for, then your posts are worthless.

I don't care what you and or a bunch of other people typically do or don't do. I also consider your comment about my posts being worthless to be as worthless as the first silly post you made to start this thread. You are also free not to read what I post or respond to it. If you can't respond to my valid points made in my posts but must constantly go back to the first retarded comment you made to start this thread than your posts in this thread are as worthless as the post that started it. So either respond to what I said or shut the hell up and shove off and go find some retard who will give their silly opinion to your silly post about how this will be paid. :clap2: Let's all bow our heads now in gratitude for the opportunity we have to listen to theHawk pontificate out of his rear end about how this will be paid for and watch as a bunch of like minded losers respond to his silly posts. :rofl: As for me being new. You are right about that. I am new enough to know that the regulars here such as yourself are retarded morons and that you control this message board and that intelligent people tend to leave because of silly retards such as yourself pontificating out of your a--es. :rolleyes:

First of all, if my thread was so worthless then why did you post in it?
Second, I asked you point blank for your opinion, which you promptly refused to do and simply went on with your insults. My guess is you don't have any logical thought process so you can't come to your own conclusion on the subject, and because your pin-up girl Pelosi hasn't posted her talking points memo about it yet. In the brief time you've been on this board you've already managed to demonstrate to everyone that you are nothing more than a troll completely bereft of intelligence.

First of all, if my thread was so worthless then why did you post in it?

Because I felt like it and as I can type and click on Submit Reply with my mouse I decided I would post in this thread about what I wanted to say. But let's be clear that it's not your thread because if it were than you would be able to decide who can post in it but you can't anymore than I can dictate who can respond to or post in a thread I started. Do you understand? :cuckoo: I am not going to stop speaking the truth simply because you are offended by what I have to say. If that were the criteria for people posting here than your silly ass shouldn't be posting as everything you say offends me.

Second, I asked you point blank for your opinion, which you promptly refused to do and simply went on with your insults.

At least it's clear to you that I refused to be your b--ch and respond to your silly little dictates about what can be said in this thread. If you don't like what I have to say than don't read what I post because I am not going to censure the truth which is that you are being a total jerk who thinks people who post in this thread do so at your bidding. As for my insults. It's mutual loser as I consider others saying I am insulting them when I am only speaking the truth to be an insult.

My guess is you don't have any logical thought process so you can't come to your own conclusion on the subject, and because your pin-up girl Pelosi hasn't posted her talking points memo about it yet.

Okay, here is my opinion for you. It's a retarded topic and isn't worth a serious response and only losers such as yourself desire to pontificate out of your a--es as if I and others care what your opinion is on the subject.

In the brief time you've been on this board you've already managed to demonstrate to everyone that you are nothing more than a troll completely bereft of intelligence.

Thank you so much for calling me a troll because I am not your b--tch. I am proud that a loser such as yourself considers me a troll. It's quite a compliment that you don't think highly of me as if a loser thought highly of me that would also make me a loser. :rofl: I also think you and those of you who think I am a troll are the real trolls (i.e., wasting peoples time by posting retarded threads such as this one and then expecting everyone to respond to it instead of sharing their real opinions in an open forum). Now take your trolling about how this is going to be paid for and go shove off because I will discuss what I wish to discuss and if you don't like it that is your problem. :cuckoo: Now why don't you buzz off troll and go troll with Kathianne as I am sure she will enjoy it. :rolleyes:

It's a retarded topic and isn't worth a serious response
OK so discussion on how Congressional bills are paid for is a "retarded topic".
Pardon me, how dare I raise the issue of how our tax money is being spent! :rolleyes:

OK so discussion on how Congressional bills are paid for is a "retarded topic". Pardon me, how dare I raise the issue of how our tax money is being spent! :rolleyes:

I would love to discuss how our tax money is being spent (i.e., my taxes being spent so you can breath clean air concerns me as it would be best if you just ceased to breath altogether). :rofl: Would you be interested in discussing the issue of my taxes being spent so you can breath? Or are you just more concerned with pontificating out of your butt about things you don't know sh-t about. It seems that you want to discuss taxes and as I want to discuss how my taxes are being spent so you can continue to live it would only make sense that we meet halfway. Both of us will discuss taxes as it relates to your being able to continue to breath as opposed to my position that we should make sure that taxes aren't used to assist you in continuing to live. Are you willing to meet me halfway? Or are you just a discussion dictator. :rofl:

Keep going this is entertaining.
:rofl:

Attachments

• $Wile_E_Coyote.jpg
    $Wile_E_Coyote.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 74
It would only pass the bill onto Americans that chose to buy products from foreign countries (or from American companies using imported goods). The point is doing it that way would give American companies that use American resources/goods would be given a competitive edge. Thats a much better route than simply taxing every American even if they only buy made in America goods.

I certainly understand where you're coming from, although I think you've shifted off the argument you want. What you're saying is the same as instituting a tariff, but we don't want protective tariffs to protect American companies. The original point is revenue to pay for the searches, not protectionism.

Personally, I would prefer for Homeland Security to be nationally financed. You'll run into a lot of bureaucratic waste and red tape when you have companies pay for every search, and it can result in a lot of fraud by the companies. Your argument is that only those that receive a service should pay for it, but I believe that the overall service here is Homeland Security (which effects all taxpayers) and thus its cost should be spread through the population.

New Topics

Forum List

Back