The Filibuster MUST Go

Why do you lie like this?
Since 2009, 657 filibusters were recorded under Democratic minorities while 609 filibusters were recorded under Republican minorities.
Which demonstrates that the repubs use it more frequently.

And now Biden wants to do it in the first 8 months of his presidency? Is there some kind of contest?
The Republicans and Democrats are always in competition to outspend each other. The Republican claim that they are the party of small government and fiscal responsibility is possibly the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.

But we get the politicians we deserve. Americans live by the credo, "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

No, i meant what i said, which is that having a person stand there for hours (and basically stream gibberish) seems childish.
50 years ago we had no cspan, no internet to speak of...

If someone wants to go to the well and speak gibberish for hours on end, there'll be a political price to pay.
BUT
If they go to the well making cogent relevant arguments they might move the public to put pressure on some senators to change positions. In which case the political price is a win.

The Democrats, who got rid of this rule, would never agree to this.
Then do away with it altogether.

As Trump said, in fair elections the GOP will never win another federal race.
Get rid of it and force
Voting rights
SCOTUS reform
Gun reform
Legislation requiring masks in schools till the pandemic is over
Regulations requiring covid vaccines just like we require measles and mumps shots.

I'm OK with it and pretty sure 80% of Americans would be too.

The point being Lesh's selective outrage at the use of the filibuster, not that both sides dont (ab)use it.
And the selective outrage on the part of the GOP when Democrats use it.

SO?

Change is needed but how do we do it without burning down the barn?

I made the proposal and no one's pushed anything else.

That's what TV appearances are for. Americans aren't tuning into CSPAN.
Those shots will end up on regular TV as well. News, talk shows, you tube, face book...

A senator reading from a sears catalogue in order to stop a bill designed to lower drug prices?
Tik-Tok that!

They wanted the vote to be bipartisan. McConnell, the massive hypocrite, wants the debt ceiling to be in the reconciliation bill so it can be 100 percent owned by the Democrats.

After McConnell rode herd for four years on Trump's $7.8 trillion of debt, and raising the debt ceiling twice, and actually SUSPENDING the debt ceiling twice because they couldn't keep up with Trump's spending.
The debt celling was raised THREE times in Trumps 4 years. And yes we should do something about our spending, but what? none of them will work together only interested in what's good for the party not what's good for the country.

The debt celling was raised THREE times in Trumps 4 years. And yes we should do something about our spending, but what? none of them will work together only interested in what's good for the party not what's good for the country.
Gagh! I have posted more than a hundred times, maybe even more than three hundred times, exactly how we can balance the budget, pay down the debt, and lower tax rates for everyone.

All at the same time.

The powers that be have us all at each others throats to hide the simple solution to our spending problem and keep the money rolling uphill to the special interests.

But we get the politicians we deserve. Every American is all about, "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Sure, until you're in the minority, which could very well be after the next midterm election. Then you'll be screaming for it to be brought back.

I cringe when I hear people say that. That is no excuse for not doing what is right at the time. There is no better time to abolish the filibuster than now! Yes, that may come back to haunt future democratic presidents in the future - but this is now. Democracy is on the line now!

Just like when Biden today ended Trump's executive privilege claims regarding the January 6 insurrection. Sure, Biden broke with tradition, but now was the time to break it. Yes, that may come back to haunt future democratic presidents in the future - but this is now. Democracy is on the line now!

Last edited:
We're going to actually see it, boys and girls. We are actually going to see it.

After whining for eight years about Obama's spending, and then going absolutely dead silent about Trump's spending, the hypocrites are going to start whining about Biden's spending.

And just like the sheep they are, the tard herd is going to do the same.
Yup

Your Dem ilk will vanish from the human genome.
BLUES I have good news for you
Democrats who are over 65 can get a booster in the arm.
Republicans can get a booster too ,if they want one, but will have to get it in the butt so that it gets to their brain quicker.

BLUES I have good news for you
Democrats who are over 65 can get a booster in the arm.
Republicans can get a booster too ,if they want one, but will have to get it in the butt so that it gets to their brain quicker.
^^^ oh look the left is trying to be clever. :auiqs.jpg: come here eddie37 :itsok:

I honestly don't care who uses it more. The Constitution establishes very clearly that laws are passed with a majority vote. The filibuster is a dumbass Senate rule that only serves to slow the already-glacial Congress down even more, and ensure that they get even less done, either way.

It is patently anti-Constitutional, bad for our system, and must go, immediately. Both sides should want this.

Forum List

Back