The FDR speech in 1936 at the unveiling of the magnificent Robert E Lee memorial statue.

Not just FDR, but Woodrew Wilson -- the first Southern President since the Civil War and a vicious racist to boot -- adored Robert E. Lee. On the Republican side, Dwight Eisenhower had a picture of Robert E. Lee on his office wall and publicly explained why he likewise admired the man as one of the greatest of all Americans. This adoration of the Confederate general has deep roots in American society.

It is important to understand its origin and its connection with the rise of Jim Crow, the growth of "Lost Cause" nostalgia and the profound national acceptance of white supremacy. From the highest reaches of academia to the lowest rungs of "white trash," and virtually all places between, equal rights and opportunities were denied African Americans openly and without shame until the Civil Rights Movement and MLK came on the scene. The bestowing of heroic status on Robert E. Lee played a part in all of this, as statues of him and many lesser and truly despicable Confederate leaders, along with Confederate Flags, "blossomed" throughout the Jim Crow "Old South," and even on U.S. military bases.

One place to read how all this occurred is in this 2011 article by the U.S. government-financed National Endowment for the Humanities: How Did Robert E. Lee Become an American Icon?
You Do the Hokey Wokey
And Turn Yourself Around
That's What It's All About

By the command of jock punks who won't stand up for our National Anthem, now we must re-rank the Presidents according to their wokitude.

Shirk and Jerk

The "New South" is represented by Jimmy Carter, a sanctimonious and unpatriotic con man. Peanut Boy was eligible for the draft in June of 1942. So he finagled his way into the Naval Academy in order to sit out the war as a cadet. Does anyone know what the other countries in the war did with their service academies? I imagine they put all their plebes on active duty and sent them to the front.
Well, we need officers in the military and you don't crank them out overnight. Carter had to go through the Academy. Now let's talk about our last two republican presidents and how they sat out the Vietnam War. Trump had a boo boo on one of his legs, and Bush Jr. was nowhere to be found during the entire conflict.

Robert e lee supported slavery? Hmm does he know that?
I was much pleased the with President's message. His views of the systematic and progressive efforts of certain people at the North to interfere with and change the domestic institutions of the South are truthfully and faithfully expressed.
There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil.
-REL 1856

Robert e lee supported slavery? Hmm does he know that?
I was much pleased the with President's message. His views of the systematic and progressive efforts of certain people at the North to interfere with and change the domestic institutions of the South are truthfully and faithfully expressed.
There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil.
-REL 1856

Such is the minds of ill informed left loons

So all public school teachers, before and after, are complicit? Do you have any idea how stupid that is?
You wrote it so you tell me

It seems that lib teachers will throw anyone under the bus that does now conform with their leftwing agenda

even FDR

It seems that lib teachers will throw anyone under the bus that does now conform with their leftwing agenda

even FDR
Go find a "lib teacher" and talk to him about it. As for fdr, why wouldn't that scumbag son of a bitch be subject to criticism?

Go find a "lib teacher" and talk to him about it. As for fdr, why wouldn't that scumbag son of a bitch be subject to criticism?
Do you consider “scumbag son of a bitch” normal criticism in a civilized society?

I dont

thats just pure hate venting itself in the classroom where it does not belong

No, YOU wrote it, brainless.
It was your words

I called YOU out and then YOU chose to hide behind ALL teachers

So all public school teachers, before and after, are complicit? Do you have any idea how stupid that is?

Do you consider “scumbag son of a bitch” normal criticism in a civilized society?

If something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck, I call it a duck.

That was written by a public school teacher

no wonder parents cant trust them alone with their children
You pointed out something about "a public school teacher" then referred to teachers in the plural in your illogical conclusion.

You pointed out something about "a public school teacher" then referred to teachers in the plural in your illogical conclusion.
Ok have it your way

but the evidence pointing to many bad teachers in the public schools keeps growing

you being only the latest of many

what was it about FDR that triggered your rage?

because he said something complementary about a great American who fought for Virginia?

My guess is you will throw the internment of Japanese during WWII in our face

Forum List

Back