The Fat guy in a little coat Problem

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
Bridgegate, or the story of people being people and how the right is having a problem with Chris Christie. From the pure objective stand point it is interesting to watch the right handle this situation. We are watching this sort of love hate relationship going on where some on the right don't like the guy but feel the need to defend him ala by attacking Obama.

You will see a lot of " well i dont like the guy but look at the press attack Chris on this issue but completely ignore "scandals" with Obama. ( i say ignore because that isnt actually happening, but it is amusing.) Its exactly like when the Right complains about when the Left brings Bush up. Right now you have an exact reversal of whats going on. You see the right bringing up Obama in order to defuse what is going on with Chris. The Irony is quite amusing, but once again its very typical do as i say not as i do from partisans.

so what do you do with people who do not want to vote for Chris, and state as much because they think the left is pushing Chris for 2016. ( they arent )
You simply give them time. Wait it out, because IF chris runs and IF he gets the nod, you will slowly watch 95% of the right walk over and vote for him. Or as one caller put it " Chris is a liberal moderate who i wouldn't personally like to see win, but if he got the nod Vs say a Hillary i would vote for him. That people is what will happen, and all this huffing and puffing is nothing but hot air.

Why is it hot air? Politics has become about winning, about shaming the other party and pulling a Simpsons "Nelson" Ha HA and point and laugh. So it won't matter in the end, because in order to get that "haha" they will still vote for Chris. Least most will. I wont blanket all on the right, because that would be truly unfair and wrong.

Now why does this scandal not matter? Because of Mitt Romney and the 2012 election. Romney proved you can literally reinvent yourself 3 to 4 times and the public will by it each time. Why? because you have a certain percent of people who only tune in at certain points of the election. People on here tend to start off early so its slightly different for us. This Scandal will be twisted enough that it will basically be brushed off as a nothing ( which it really is honestly.)

So in the end the right will vote for Chris and the left will vote for Hillary if they decide to run, and all that huffing and puffing right now is quite irrelevant in the grand scheme.

I could not care less about this scandal and I have yet to figure out why. Perhaps it's because I never considered him a possible candidate for national political office. If the people of NJ like him that's their business, most of them I have met are jerks anyway and they probably like jerks to lead them.

You mean Republicans are going to vote for the Republican candidate and Democrats will vote for the Democrat candidate regardless of which scandals are attached to their candidate? That's not really a shock considering how many people on both sides treat politics as a spectator sport with their team versus the other team.

Bridgegate is a circus flea... a pimple... a preemptive strike by the Liberal Lamestream Media... a blip on the scope... over nothing.

And LibProg 'kvetching' over non-Lib reactions is nothing more than background noise... as insubstantial as a fart... it smells, but it's just stinky air... this, too, shall pass.

Last edited:
Bridgegate is a circus flea... a pimple... a preemptive strike by the Liberal Lamestream Media... a blip on the scope... over nothing.

And LibProg 'kvetching' over non-Lib reactions is nothing more than background noise... as insubstantial as a fart... it smells, but it's just stinky air... this, too, shall pass.

^^ see....makes my point for me.

I could not care less about this scandal and I have yet to figure out why. Perhaps it's because I never considered him a possible candidate for national political office. If the people of NJ like him that's their business, most of them I have met are jerks anyway and they probably like jerks to lead them.

because its dumb....

Ok here whats the first answer to pop into your when i ask. Why dont you care.

^^ see....makes my point for me.
Or mine, depending upon one's perspective...
tongue_smile.gif

If you lived in NJ and tried to commute to New York, you would disagree. The class action suits have begun and will continue to make the news for some time. I don't know if Christie knew anything about this, but it will be damaging for quite a while.

there is no bridgegate, no matter how hard the lame stream media and the leftards want to distract from the obamacare failure - it won't work.
Period
:D

If you lived in NJ and tried to commute to New York, you would disagree. The class action suits have begun and will continue to make the news for some time. I don't know if Christie knew anything about this, but it will be damaging for quite a while.
Oh, I'm not contesting the idea that a lane-closure or two on a choke-point like that bridge greatly inconvenienced folks for a few days... nolo contendere... I'm just saying that in the bigger scheme of things, it's damned-near invisible... and - except for the unintended and accident tragedy of that old woman's death... to an outsider, it would be funny as hell... and much ado about nothing.

except for the unintended and accident tragedy of that old woman's death... to an outsider, it would be funny as hell... and much ado about nothing.

there was no unintended and accident tragedy. The woman was 91 died AT HOME - they took her to the hospital just to pronounce her dead.
Her family stated that the traffic jam has had NOTHING to do with their mom passing away at 91.

except for the unintended and accident tragedy of that old woman's death... to an outsider, it would be funny as hell... and much ado about nothing.

there was no unintended and accident tragedy. The woman was 91 died AT HOME - they took her to the hospital just to pronounce her dead.
Her family stated that the traffic jam has had NOTHING to do with their mom passing away at 91.
Really?

OK... if true, then... the last barrier to comedy has been removed...
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Really?

OK... if true, then... the last barrier to comedy has been removed...
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

yep. there was a thread today with a link to the family words and their names. they are ANGRY that the death of their mom is being used in the smear campaign

It would be if it had been the Tallahatchee Bridge and Billy Joe McAllister had jumped off it. But instead it's a frontrunner for the 2016 POTUS election and his fucking around with a major transportation artery into one of the largest cities in the world for no other reason than petty partisan bullshit.

Got it now?

I guess if you don't live here you can't appreciate how one fucking idiot like Christie, because he has the power, can create absolute havoc for 4 days for millions of people with a bunch of orange plastic highway cones. His arrogance exceeds his waistline.

I say one thing for sure: Damage control is in FULL swing. I live near Drumthwacket (governor's mansion in New Jersey) and also in the air traffic lane for the county airport. The air traffic coming and going the last few days is non-stop.

Last edited:
One thing "bridgegate" should teach republicans is that no matter how hard you try to be moderate and supportive of liberal social programs the media will turn on you in a heartbeat and support a witch who ruined the lives of innocent women simply because she is a democrat.

New Topics

Forum List

Back