The Fall of America's Premiere High School

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Headline “Fairfax school board eliminates admissions test at Thomas Jefferson High School” probably America’s most demanding school for science and technology.

Oh god, Oh god. Who is on the school board? Predictably education majors, the dimmest, lowest SAT-scoring dregs of the professional classes, the horror of smart students subjected to their grade-school mentalities. But not just ed majors. Probably also psychologists, sociologists, bored housewives, and liberal-artsy painfully virtuous men alight with Civic Consciousness. Oh god.

TJ, the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, is a jewel in the country’s collapsing system of education, a bright light in the growing darkness. Its kids are scary smart, among the best of young minds, going on to CalTech, MIT, Harvard. This year 132 were National Merit Semi-finalists, putting them in the upper one half of one percent. Entry was, until now, by a demanding test of intelligence, though we must not so describe it as that would be racist, and manifest White Privilege, even though most of the students are Asian. Youngsters at this level need a rich academic diet to avoid boredom, to include among other things serious mathematics. Which, I will bet, not one of the earnest, uplift espousing, self-consciously good, droopy-IQed of the Board has the slightest grasp. How much is three factorial? Hint: It’s a number between five and seven. You may have five guesses.

The Godding of Dullards, the Death of Math and the Fall of America’s Premier High School

SMH- The Public Education System at play, again, doubling down on stupid

Ushering in the Idiocracy.

This country is going to keep swirling down the drain if we keep up with these kinds of policies that cater to the lowest common denominator.

Affirmative action, diversity hires... dumbing everyone/everything down so that others can feel included is not the way to succeed, or achieve the best results.

The reality is not everyone is deserving of the same opportunity. Or capable of achieving the desired goal.

This country needs to be a colorblind meritocracy going forward and that's it. We don't care where you are from, or what color you are...if you are the best then you get the reward.

Ushering in the Idiocracy.

This country is going to keep swirling down the drain if we keep up with these kinds of policies that cater to the lowest common denominator.

Affirmative action, diversity hires... dumbing everyone/everything down so that others can feel included is not the way to succeed, or achieve the best results.

The reality is not everyone is deserving of the same opportunity. Or capable of achieving the desired goal.

This country needs to be a colorblind meritocracy going forward and that's it. We don't care where you are from, or what color you are...if you are the best then you get the reward.

You'd almost think someone's out to destroy America huh?

Headline “Fairfax school board eliminates admissions test at Thomas Jefferson High School” probably America’s most demanding school for science and technology.

Oh god, Oh god. Who is on the school board? Predictably education majors, the dimmest, lowest SAT-scoring dregs of the professional classes, the horror of smart students subjected to their grade-school mentalities. But not just ed majors. Probably also psychologists, sociologists, bored housewives, and liberal-artsy painfully virtuous men alight with Civic Consciousness. Oh god.

TJ, the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, is a jewel in the country’s collapsing system of education, a bright light in the growing darkness. Its kids are scary smart, among the best of young minds, going on to CalTech, MIT, Harvard. This year 132 were National Merit Semi-finalists, putting them in the upper one half of one percent. Entry was, until now, by a demanding test of intelligence, though we must not so describe it as that would be racist, and manifest White Privilege, even though most of the students are Asian. Youngsters at this level need a rich academic diet to avoid boredom, to include among other things serious mathematics. Which, I will bet, not one of the earnest, uplift espousing, self-consciously good, droopy-IQed of the Board has the slightest grasp. How much is three factorial? Hint: It’s a number between five and seven. You may have five guesses.

The Godding of Dullards, the Death of Math and the Fall of America’s Premier High School

A similar situation is going on in New York City, I hear.

Some of the best high schools have strict admissions written tests.

So the student body is heavily Asian American.

That despicable mayor of theirs wants other ethnicities to enter, even if they cannot pass the written test.

So I guess that he will follow the example of the school mentioned in the OP.

To be fair, everyone in authority is under pressure nowdays to show "diversity." So they are forced to allow certain unqualified people into schools or jobs regardless of their abilities.

Gads! Are they going to do this to medical schools, too? And to engineering schools?

No wonder the Chinese dictatorship is thinking: That country is destroying itself.

Most states have compulsory education laws ... so I'm curious what was done for the students who didn't pass the entrance exam to get into high school ... were they bused a couple miles to the high school for dummies, a glorified daycare center, left to roam the streets? ...

I do believe government has the responsiblity to teach children reading and writing so they can enjoy all their constitutional rights, and arithmetic to participate in our capitalist economy ... and this can all be done by 8th grade ... let those who wish to continue their education move on to high school and for those that don't let them get jobs ...

The small town high school I went to had vocational programs ... welding shop, auto shop, wood shop ... the girls were required to take two years home economics ... cooking, sewing, changing diapers ... the only kids in the academic classes were ones who wanted to be there ... I can only guess why this has gone away, I suspect it's insurance, 15-year-olds with arc welders leads to $300,000 hospital bills ...

Gone are the days where we could just toss a dead child's body off to the side and have the county coroner come by and pick it up after school's out ... today just one gunshot and 3,000 police swarm in with M-16's and A1A2's ...

What's lost today is parents don't see themselves as being responsible for their child's education ... they pay taxes and let someone else be responsible ...

Most states have compulsory education laws ... so I'm curious what was done for the students who didn't pass the entrance exam to get into high school ... ...

It's not about all schools, just that school. And ALL states in the US have compulsory education.

They have been trying to remove the test for the high level NYC schools for years.

Too many Asians (and southwest Asians) get in, evidently they are the wrong type of minority.

• Banned
I do believe government has the responsiblity to teach children reading and writing so they can enjoy all their constitutional rights, and arithmetic to participate in our capitalist economy ... and this can all be done by 8th grade ... let those who wish to continue their education move on to high school and for those that don't let them get jobs ...
Can you point out that power, or authority, in the constitution you want to be taught? I can't find it-

• Banned
BOTH SIDES of the Duopoly Party subscribe to the unconstitutional education "system"- one side believes it's tweaking is better than the other sides tweaking- Period. And neither side does a damn thing to avert the idiocy or stem the stupid- wanna guess why?

Forum List

Back