The Extinction of Christians in the Middle East.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.

• "I don't believe in these two words [human rights], there are no human rights. But in Western countries, there are animal rights. In Australia they take care of frogs.... Look upon us as frogs, we'll accept that — just protect us so we can stay in our land." — Metropolitan Nicodemus, the Syriac Orthodox archbishop of Mosul, National Catholic Register.

• "Those people are the same ones who came here many years ago. And we accepted them. We are the original people in this land. We accepted them, we opened the doors for them, and they push us to be minorities in our land, then refugees in our land. And this will be with you if you don't wake up." — Metropolitan Nicodemus.

• "Threats to pandas cause more emotion" than threats to the extinction of the Christians in the Middle East. — Amin Maalouf, French-Lebanese author, Le Temps.
The Extinction of Christians in the Middle East

• Banned
Convert, pay or die. Five years ago, that was the "choice" the Islamic State (ISIS) gave to Christians in Mosul, then Iraq's third-largest city: either embrace Islam, submit to a religious tax or face the sword. ISIS then marked Christian houses with the Arabic letter ن (N), the first letter of the Arabic word "Nasrani" ("Nazarene," or "Christian") . Christians could often take no more than the clothes on their back and flee a city that had been home to Christians for 1,700 years.

Two years ago, ISIS was defeated in Mosul and its Caliphate crushed. The extremists, however, had succeeded in "cleansing" the Christians. Before the rise of ISIS, there were more than 15,000 Christians there. In July 2019, the Catholic charity, Aid to the Church in Need, disclosed that only about 40 Christians have come back. Not long ago, Mosul had "Christmas celebrations without Christians".

This cultural genocide, thanks to the indifference of Europeans and many Western Christians more worried about not appearing "Islamophobic" than defending their own brothers, sadly worked. Father Ragheed Ganni, for instance, a Catholic priest from Mosul, had just finished celebrating mass in his church when Islamists killed him. In one of his last letters, Ganni wrote: "We are on the verge of collapse". That was in 2007 -- almost ten years before ISIS eradicated the Christians of Mosul. "Has the world 'looked the other way' while Christians are killed?" the Washington Post asked. Definitely.

Traces of a lost Jewish past have also resurfaced in Mosul, where a Jewish community had also lived for thousands of years. Now, 2,000 years later, both Judaism and Christianity have effectively been annihilated there. That life is over. The newspaper La Vie collected the testimony of a Christian, Yousef (the name has been changed), who fled in the night of August 6, 2014, just before ISIS arrived. "It was a real exodus", Yousef said.

Jimmy Aldaoud had never visited the country nor spoke any Arabic

A Chaldean Catholic who spent most of his life in Detroit has reportedly died after being deported to Iraq.

Jimmy Aldaoud, who had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, reportedly begged US Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) officials not to send him to a country he did not know. However, he was found dead in Baghdad on Wednesday where he been living as a vagrant for the past two months.

Aldaoud was born in Greece and moved to the US when he was just six months old. However, as Greece does not recognise birthright citizenship, he was considered a citizen of his parents’ country, Iraq.
Chaldean Catholic dies after being deported to Iraq | Catholic Herald

• Banned

A Chaldean Catholic who spent most of his life in Detroit has reportedly died after being deported to Iraq.

Jimmy Aldaoud, who had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, reportedly begged US Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) officials not to send him to a country he did not know. However, he was found dead in Baghdad on Wednesday where he been living as a vagrant for the past two months.

Aldaoud was born in Greece and moved to the US when he was just six months old. However, as Greece does not recognise birthright citizenship, he was considered a citizen of his parents’ country, Iraq.

You'll always find something, won't you?

Hell bent on it.

Hell bent on it.

You know it, now were you talking about Christians or Jews??

Now don't you think Tramp was wrong to send the Christian to Iraq?

• Banned

Hell bent on it.

I'm not talking about your President. So don't twist the narrative.

Hell bent on it.

Don't you think a Christians who was sent to Iraq was sending him to his death? What are you talking about??

• Banned

Hell bent on it.

Don't you think a Christians who was sent to Iraq was sending him to his death? What are you talking about??

Don't bother.

The Gatestone Institute! A bunch of anti Muslim freaks if ever there was one.

The Gatestone Institute is a right-wing anti-Muslim think tank that publishes articles, particularly pertaining to Islam and the Middle East. The organization has attracted attention for publishing false articles and being a source of viral falsehoods.Wikipedia
Founder:Nina Rosenwald

Gatestone Institute

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: The Gatestone Institute, formerly Stonegate Institute, is a “not-for-profit international policy council and think tank based in New York City” with a specialization in strategy and defense issues. Gatestone Institute is anti-Islamic, pro-Christian and Jewish/Israel. Many of the articles will link back to sites that don’t say what they claim or make the same rash judgments, without proof. Example: Obama tells Christians to not protest in Egypt then has no quotes or sources saying he said that. (M. Allen 12/30/2016)

Source: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/

Gatestone Institute - Media Bias/Fact Check

That's no way to conduct a discussion.
C'mon, Gatestone's viral falsehoods are your strongest suit.

Flame Zone is downstairs. That way.

iu

I think you got lost. Now stop playing your troll games on me. Just because it's me.

iu

I think you got lost. Now stop playing your troll games on me. Just because it's me.

Are you even a Christian??

I'm even a Jew. Does that help?

I'm aware that you Jews try and make Christians and Muslims enemies. You want us to take out Iran for you like we took out Iraq. By the way you were not the first people in the ME or Israel. I knew you were a jew.

iu

I'm aware that you Jews try and make Christians and Muslims enemies. You want us to take out Iran for you like we took out Iraq. By the way you were not the first people in the ME or Israel. I knew you were a jew.

Why do you make it personal?

I live amongst a big population of Chaldean Christians and Assyrians. I've heard plenty of accounts from them.

And don't forget the motive behind the recent Sri Lankan terrorist attacks.

The Gatestone Institute! A bunch of anti Muslim freaks if ever there was one.

The Gatestone Institute is a right-wing anti-Muslim think tank that publishes articles, particularly pertaining to Islam and the Middle East. The organization has attracted attention for publishing false articles and being a source of viral falsehoods.Wikipedia
Founder:Nina Rosenwald

Wiki: how moronic of you.

Greg

iu

Huh? Tell me more about those Jew Conspiracy theories?? Israel didn't even respond when Saddam rained missiles on them

Greg

Forum List

Back