The end of the Honda Gold Wing?

The sales of large motorcycles are trending downward and have for a few years.

The sales of 3 wheeled vehicles are trending upward.

This is especially true among younger riders. These riders are not going to get older and go out and purchase large touring bikes.

The type of person who wants a large touring bike for comfort and safety is finding they can have more of both in a 3-wheeled vehicle.

And the growing number of motorcycle fatalities will surely influence this. While the rate may be down, the number of motorcycles on the road has increased so quickly, that absolute numbers have risen.

So more and more people every day know someone who died on their motorcycle.
ER doctors still call them donorcycles.

One of our members on a V Star forum used to have a Yamaha Zero but sold it and has for years been riding a V Star 650 as a commuter bike. He's stated quite frequently that while he loves his V Star he really loved his Zero so he's buying one of the latest models that came out this year.

They're even making a "touring" model.

I had a Chappy once. I am riding a borrowed 2001 Kawasaki W650. I like it.

I had a Chappy once. I am riding a borrowed 2001 Kawasaki W650. I like it.
The primary deciding factor for me buying my V Star 950 was the seat height, I'm short and it's one of the lowest riding seats of all stock cruisers. I HATE having to lean over on one foot when stopped even though I did with all my previous bikes. I love having both feet firmly on the ground which is one reason I've never owned a sport bike, the other being bent over, it kills my back.
There are some new "cruiser" style EVs out there with seat heights under 26" but at $30K........... I don't think so.

The primary deciding factor for me buying my V Star 950 was the seat height, I'm short and it's one of the lowest riding seats of all stock cruisers. I HATE having to lean over on one foot when stopped even though I did with all my previous bikes. I love having both feet firmly on the ground which is one reason I've never owned a sport bike, the other being bent over, it kills my back.
There are some new "cruiser" style EVs out there with seat heights under 26" but at $30K........... I don't think so.
My cruiser is a Honda Magna. 23" seat height. VERY fun bike. 750 V4. As fast as any 1500 2 banger. Faster really.

My cruiser is a Honda Magna. 23" seat height. VERY fun bike. 750 V4. As fast as any 1500 2 banger. Faster really.
The stock seat height is 28 inches which means yours was lowered. My 950 stock seat height is 26.6", I lowered it 1" and it sits perfectly for me.

Now for a little humor..........

96e32c28c5b840160b8b8e271d043876.jpg

:rofl:

I don't think wings will go away, very popular, great machine. Maybe a rename or some marketing ploy but I can't see why they need one, not because of the machine anyway,,,,,, lockdown bull, economy possibly.

I'm a Harley guy, but I also have a Gold Wing.

The new ones are fuckin' sweet. It would be a shame to seer them discontinued...

I have had 3 Harleys and 5 BMW airhead boxers (and more). Loved them all but I sure do regret not ever having a wing.
Sure, and I have 5 stradevarious violins, and the piano that Mozart used to write all his music. I also have Paul McCartney's first bass guitar which I often use to play Flight of the Bumblebee on, only I don't use a pick. I use a real bee. Making up shit on an anonymous discussion board is fun, isn't it?

Sure, and I have 5 stradevarious violins

See, it's easy to know you're lying.

Someone who owned five of the remaining (roughly) 650 violins known to still exist would know it's not "Stradevarious", but "Stradivarius".

Your jealousy is palpable...

See, it's easy to know you're lying.

Someone who owned five of the remaining (roughly) 650 violins known to still exist would know it's not "Stradevarious", but "Stradivarius".

Your jealousy is palpable...
I am shocked that you would accuse me of lying about such a thing. Shocked I tell you!!

A LOT of people who like big cruisers alternate between H-D and GW's. I have had two old GW's and ridden several Ultra's (rented while on vacations). Wouldn't bad mouth either of them. Just a matter of taste. It would be a shame if Honda pulled the plug on the new GW. It is an incredible bike. It's as close to a two-wheeled car as possible.

Sure, and I have 5 stradevarious violins, and the piano that Mozart used to write all his music. I also have Paul McCartney's first bass guitar which I often use to play Flight of the Bumblebee on, only I don't use a pick. I use a real bee. Making up shit on an anonymous discussion board is fun, isn't it?
Fuck you ****. Ignorant jerkoff.

Forum List

Back