The end of movie theaters is at hand...Warner Brothers releasing all of their major movies on HBO Max next year...

John Nolte has been reporting on the end of movie theaters for a while now.......here he is talking about the death blow to theaters....

Next year, Warner Bros. is going to release its entire 2021 movie slate, all 17 movies, on its HBO Max streaming service on the very same day those 17 titles are released in theaters. This is it, y’all. There is no coming back from this.

Warner Bros. is already releasing Wonder Woman 1984 that way on Christmas Day. Next year, you will be able to see Matrix 4, Dune, The Sopranos prequel, The Conjuring sequel, The Suicide Squad, Godzilla vs. Kong, Space Jam 2, and a whole bunch of others, from the comfort of your home on the same day they are released in theaters, and at no extra charge — if you are an HBO Max subscriber.

The following is not hyperbole… This move is as big as the coming of sound and the break-up of the studio system. This might even be bigger, because this could be the end of exhibition, the end of going to the movies.

Can you please just post something about guns and leave movies alone? Fuck dude. I can't wait to be able to go back to the theatres and watch these movies. Man, you take the fucking fun out of everyting.

Boy, you really are stupid......does your nurse know you are out of your room again?
Thats funny.

Yesterday he/she flipped out on me over kitchen knives. That person just seems perpetually angry no matter the topic.

Theaters will survive but likely on a much smaller scale and possibly at a higher cost to make up for it. The current model of 10/10/10, that being the price of everything, is not sustainable.
Our local theater is reshowing old classic movies on the big screens. They are also renting out theaters for private viewing parties.

John Nolte has been reporting on the end of movie theaters for a while now.......here he is talking about the death blow to theaters....

Next year, Warner Bros. is going to release its entire 2021 movie slate, all 17 movies, on its HBO Max streaming service on the very same day those 17 titles are released in theaters. This is it, y’all. There is no coming back from this.

Warner Bros. is already releasing Wonder Woman 1984 that way on Christmas Day. Next year, you will be able to see Matrix 4, Dune, The Sopranos prequel, The Conjuring sequel, The Suicide Squad, Godzilla vs. Kong, Space Jam 2, and a whole bunch of others, from the comfort of your home on the same day they are released in theaters, and at no extra charge — if you are an HBO Max subscriber.

The following is not hyperbole… This move is as big as the coming of sound and the break-up of the studio system. This might even be bigger, because this could be the end of exhibition, the end of going to the movies.

Can you please just post something about guns and leave movies alone? Fuck dude. I can't wait to be able to go back to the theatres and watch these movies. Man, you take the fucking fun out of everyting.

Boy, you really are stupid......does your nurse know you are out of your room again?
Thats funny.

Yesterday he/she flipped out on me over kitchen knives. That person just seems perpetually angry no matter the topic.
That's alright. Just take a deep breath and pretend that you matter. Your rusty knives are a representation of your failed life.

Thats funny.

That's alright. Just take a deep breath and pretend that you matter. Your rusty knives are a representation of your failed life.

Theaters will survive but likely on a much smaller scale and possibly at a higher cost to make up for it. The current model of 10/10/10, that being the price of everything, is not sustainable.
Our local theater is reshowing old classic movies on the big screens. They are also renting out theaters for private viewing parties.

Actually, the local theater near me has already instituted a lot of changes.. most of them good.

The typical theater seat has been replaced by a chair that is more like a recliner. This is both because American asses are fatter now and because they want to make the thing more comfortable.

A lot of theaters have resturants in the complex, so you can have dinner along with the movie. Some have bars. (Which, honestly, I wish I had availed myself of when I saw the last Star Wars movie. UGH!)

But the balance has changed. You can put less asses in seats, with more expensive films.... the system doesn't entirely work.

I remember going to the theater to see the completely unnecessary Blade Runner sequel, and I think I was the only one in there.

Well, the end of going to the movies has been going on for a long time, since -- I hear -- the behavior of many theater goers is, uh, unpleasant: loud talking, putting their feet on the seat ahead of them, arguments, and shootings.

It seems that the end of a lot of things in this country is at hand. (Maybe even honest elections?)

Drive ins are making a comeback.
If this is true, I will never understand why when most people who go to one are not there to see whatever is on the screen in the first place. They do know that what they are wanting to spend that time doing can be done any where and not only that, they can do all of that for free anywhere else, right?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Nobody really misses their minimum wage job sweeping up popcorn.
Sure.

A welfare check from the government for doing nothing was much better

till those stopped coming too

The Studio system died a long time ago. Most movies are made by independent production companies and distributed by the big studios...

Now, that said, when the vaccine from TRUMP PLAGUE is finally distributed (let's see if he takes the bait), movie theaters will open again.

But you can't sustain 100 million dollar movies on just streaming revenue. Movies make or break their numbers at the box office. Streaming, cable and DVD are simply an aftermarket. These movies were financed and produced last year on the expectation that they could be released in theaters. Releasing a movie on streaming is trying to salvage what they can.

So you will see one of two scenarios.

1) Trump Plague ends, and movie theaters open again. Some of these movies might see a release.

2) Trump Plague ends, but theaters don't come back, which means Hollywood is going to have to learn how to make movies on a budget.

Frankly, I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. If you have movies where you don't have a 50 million dollar special effects budget, maybe Hollywood will concentrate on writing, character and story. That would be just... horrible.

There is no Trump plague, the Chinese either released the virus or it escaped from their lab.....they killed over 250,000 Americans and you are shilling for them and trying to protect them from their actions......it is pretty vile and stupid of you...

Now, that said, when the vaccine from TRUMP PLAGUE is finally distributed (let's see if he takes the bait), movie theaters will open again.

There is no Trump plague, the Chinese either released the virus or it escaped from their lab.....they killed over 250,000 Americans and you are shilling for them and trying to protect them from their actions......it is pretty vile and stupid of you...

Yup... knew he would take the bait.

Okay, if the Chinese were really keen on doing us harm, you think they'd come up with something better than SARS-2. And if it was something they created, they wouldn't have let 3000 of their people die from it.

Now, that said, the problem isn't where TRUMP PLAGUE came from, it's how TRUMP responded to it.

He lied bout it to prevent spooking the markets.
He fought against preventative measures.
He promoted quack cures.
He attacked governors trying to contain it.
He engaged in magical thinking like 'It'll be gone by Easter", "It will go away when it gets warm" and so on.

Heck, if he put half the effort into fighting Covid he did into trying to find dirt on Hunter Biden, who knows how many lives could have been saved.

Yup... knew he would take the bait.

Okay, if the Chinese were really keen on doing us harm, you think they'd come up with something better than SARS-2. And if it was something they created, they wouldn't have let 3000 of their people die from it.

Now, that said, the problem isn't where TRUMP PLAGUE came from, it's how TRUMP responded to it.

He lied bout it to prevent spooking the markets.
He fought against preventative measures.
He promoted quack cures.
He attacked governors trying to contain it.
He engaged in magical thinking like 'It'll be gone by Easter", "It will go away when it gets warm" and so on.

Heck, if he put half the effort into fighting Covid he did into trying to find dirt on Hunter Biden, who knows how many lives could have been saved.

Everything you just posted is a lie.......

He did everything possible to help the governors deal with the virus and you guys called him a racist and xenophobe when he shut down travel with China...

You are an idiot who will deserve whatever happens to you if biden steals the election.

He did everything possible to help the governors deal with the virus and you guys called him a racist and xenophobe when he shut down travel with China...

You are an idiot who will deserve whatever happens to you if biden steals the election.

more than enough bad things happened to all of us because Trump stole the election in 2016.

He was a racist when he shut down travel from China. The virus got in with white people returning from China and Europe. Well, that sucked.

So you try one thing, it doesn't work, and you claim, "Job Well Done". I'm sure that's gotten Trump by in his business career, but not so much here.

more than enough bad things happened to all of us because Trump stole the election in 2016.

He was a racist when he shut down travel from China. The virus got in with white people returning from China and Europe. Well, that sucked.

So you try one thing, it doesn't work, and you claim, "Job Well Done". I'm sure that's gotten Trump by in his business career, but not so much here.

You have nothing to show that Trump is a racist, and everything to show biden is a racist as is obama.....

China let the virus out of the lab....they are responsible for the deaths it caused...you doofus......why you protect a genocidal regime like the Chinese is beyond thinking about....you are insane...

You have nothing to show that Trump is a racist, and everything to show biden is a racist as is obama.....

You live in your own little world, don't you?

China let the virus out of the lab....they are responsible for the deaths it caused...you doofus......why you protect a genocidal regime like the Chinese is beyond thinking about....you are insane...

IF China was going to let something out to the lab, you'd think they wouldn't inflict it ontheir own people first, and that it would be more deadly than a bad flu.

What does China get out of this, exactly?

It's all acedemic, because scientists who know what they are doing know that Covid wasn't an engineered virus.

You live in your own little world, don't you?

IF China was going to let something out to the lab, you'd think they wouldn't inflict it ontheir own people first, and that it would be more deadly than a bad flu.

What does China get out of this, exactly?

It's all acedemic, because scientists who know what they are doing know that Covid wasn't an engineered virus.

What does China get out of this? Biden as President, the American economy in collapse, a free hand around Asia and the rest of the world........and taking over space with their satellite weapons..........

Are you really this fucking stupid?

It doesn't have to be engineered, you moron, for it to have been in their lab....you doofus......and they either let it loose or it escaped, so either way they are to blame and need to be held to account for the Americans they killed.

What does China get out of this? Biden as President, the American economy in collapse, a free hand around Asia and the rest of the world........and taking over space with their satellite weapons..........

They really don't care who the president is... I guess they will like not dealing with a maniac, but that can be said for the whole world.

America's economy in collapse isn't good for China. We're their biggest customer.

The Chinese military isn't nearly as impressive as you think it is. You really think they are building a Death Star or something?

It doesn't have to be engineered, you moron, for it to have been in their lab....you doofus......and they either let it loose or it escaped, so either way they are to blame and need to be held to account for the Americans they killed.

Okay, so if doesn't have to be engineered, that means that it exists naturally... which means humans would have caught it sooner or later.

You don't understand this science stuff at all, do you?

They have predicted the demise of movie theaters since TV came out, since Cable TV came out, since VCRs came out, since Netflix come out. .....

People need a night out, an event they have to attend, something to do.
Sitting on your couch watching streaming video is not the same.

Movie Theaters will survive after COVID is contained.
1639993399371.png

Correct as per usual.

I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I guess he covid finished them off. Who needs to pay 20 bucks to walk on a sticky floor and sit next to a stranger who might be playing with himself?

I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I guess he covid finished them off. Who needs to pay 20 bucks to walk on a sticky floor and sit next to a stranger who might be playing with himself?

I can see the Theaters you frequented

/——/ Then don’t sit next to me.

Forum List

Back