The End of Fact

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
We are now in the era of misinformation.

In an unmissable talk, journalist Carole Cadwalladr digs into one of the most perplexing events in recent times: the UK's super-close 2016 vote to leave the European Union. Tracking the result to a barrage of misleading Facebook ads targeted at vulnerable Brexit swing voters -- and linking the same players and tactics to the 2016 US presidential election -- Cadwalladr calls out the "gods of Silicon Valley" for being on the wrong side of history and asks: Are free and fair elections a thing of the past?

In an unmissable talk, journalist Carole Cadwalladr digs into one of the most perplexing events in recent times: the UK's super-close 2016 vote to leave the European Union. Tracking the result to a barrage of misleading Facebook ads targeted at vulnerable Brexit swing voters -- and linking the same players and tactics to the 2016 US presidential election -- Cadwalladr calls out the "gods of Silicon Valley" for being on the wrong side of history and asks: Are free and fair elections a thing of the past?

ZOMG!

This again?

You still can't forgive yourself for looking at a Putin Facebook ad and flipping your vote to Trump

_49038245_germanyfire.jpg

Only the State can decide what the people should be allowed to see!

I'm not so sure that 'free and fair' elections have ever really existed. Politics is what it is..dirty and full of schemes to manipulate the masses. From Tammany Hall to the Daley Machine---Rampant Gerrymandering and Jim Crow denials--hell, woman have only been voting for about 100 years!
Sure..social media provides a new wrinkle--but the myth of free and fair..has always been just that. Political parties and conventions..primaries...are all designed to disenfranchise those who might rock the boat.

I'm put in mind of the political consultant to termed those who vote like I do...position oriented, non-partisan...as PBS voters..and he mocked us..saying..we don't even have a game-plan for courting your votes..because they are so few..that it would be a waste of time.

I guess that it stands to reason that social media exacerbates the tyranny of the majority--politicians learned a long time ago..that most people would like a sweet lie..over the bitter truth..every time.

They voted for sovereignty! Those poor "vulnerable Brexit swing voters" don't know what's good for them! If we ever get the EU back, we will deny them the right to vote on these important matters

Not just the state. You can't get away from google and the rest stealing your info like age, sex, location, and more. I just set up a new phone yesterday and had to copy the information from my old one. Who knows what permissions one gives? For example, I realized I signed up for amazon prime for a year a month later.

Not just the state. You can't get away from google and the rest stealing your info like age, sex, location, and more. I just set up a new phone yesterday and had to copy the information from my old one. Who knows what permissions one gives? For example, I realized I signed up for amazon prime for a year a month later.

We need blockchain to protect our fundamental security.

Forum List

Back