The End is Near

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
This school year is approaching the end. Seniors are officially done with classes as of today. It is sort of understood that if a senior is "sick" in these final days it's not made a big deal. However, today almost all of the seniors in my classes did show up. They came to shake hands, take pictures, and say goodbyes (even or especially those with whom I had bumped heads). Some became pretty emotional. This is the kind of thing that makes all the hard work, long hours, frustration, and patience-testing more than worth it. A few students dropped off very heartfelt and considerate cards filled with kind words. It makes one optimistic to know that young people of such character are heading off into the world in various capacities. Screw all the doom and gloom; the kids are alright.

Apologies for posting yet another thread not based on anger and division.

A lot of fist-bumps and one arm bro-hugs today.

As a former college professor, I'm not sure which group is more looking forward to summer break, the students or the teachers.

When I was a professor, we didn't actually have a break between terms but still looked forward to starting a new term and ending the old one.

Forum List

Back