The Emptiness of Republican Politicians

What have the repubs. come up with to help the lower class?!? How about a damn job.

Trump's economy was kicking ass until the shutdowns, and that's all on democrats, period.

A growing economy that began under Obama, and as I recall, did much better numbers wise as far as growth from quarter to quarter. All Trump had to do was not fuck it up....and he does. As I recall, both Republican and Democrat governors had to step in and act when Trump failed to provide any leadership....or any action at all on the virus response. Something that continues to this day.

Would you care to provide the specific economic policies of Barack Obama that grew the economy, Jack? If one were to look at the numbers the first thing that jumps out at you is how the economy WASN'T growing when Democrats controlled the House, Senate and the White House! When did that start to turn around? In 2010 when the GOP "shellacked" (to use Barrack Obama's description!) the Democrats in the mid-term elections and took back enough political power that they could halt progressive legislation like Cap & Trade! The Private Sector started to invest in America again as soon as the liberal wing of the Democratic Party was no longer able to hamstring them with legislation that was anti business!

As for "leadership" in the battle against Covid 19? Trump allowed each US State Governor to decide how individual States would respond to the virus! He did so because a "one size fits all" approach would have been absurd since rural States didn't have the same problems as urban ones! That wasn't a lack of leadership...that was an intelligent use of the delegation of power! As far as failures in leadership? The Governor of New York literally killed thousands of elderly New Yorkers trapped in nursing homes because of HIS policies! THAT is a lack of leadership!

Well jeepers, as I remember, the country was in the throes of a pretty bad recession caused by and left by Obama's predecessor...or are we just ignoring that for sake of expedience? :) You want to go over all the things he did to bail this country out and set it back on the right path...you know, before the shellacking?...you can perform a Google search.

As far as the virus? Trump isn't that smart. Or that clever management wise. I remember vividly that up until March 13th (when the adults had to step in) that he did a lot of golfing, held a lot of pep rallies, tweeted a lot, watched a lot of Fox News, and hung out at Mar-A-Lago. So, how's that rural vs urban states thing working out right now? Kinda puts a big hole in your Trump being a delegating genius, because he's still essentially doing nothing. What does it also say about the competence and viability of Republican leadership? And I seem to recall Cuomo finally owning up and admitting he made mistakes with that nursing home policy...even though he was following the guidelines laid down by the feds and the state. A screw up nonetheless. Sorry, this thread is about the lack of Republican leadership.
You're giving Obama credit for an improved economy and job creation, Jack! I'm simply asking you what Obama economic policy or policies it was that made that happen? Whenever I DO ask you on the left to name the policies that made that happen...you're all suddenly flummoxed! Why is that? Is it because Barack Obama and his economic team struggled mightily to grow the economy and create jobs despite having massive amounts of stimulus money to throw at the problem?
The economy did improve and we did start to create jobs in the Private Sector but it's my contention that happened because the Democrats no longer had the ability to pass job killing legislation like ObamaCare and Cap & Trade! Jobs were created because the Private Sector no longer had to fear what the liberal wing of the Democratic Party was going to throw at them. Jobs were created because new fracking technology produced huge amounts of oil and natural gas despite the efforts of Democrats to curtail that production!

As for your view that Trump doesn't do anything? The fact that he likes to work out of other properties other than the White House doesn't mean he's not working. Trump's days are much longer than Barack Obama's ever were. CEO's hours tend to be that way despite the belief of so many that they lead a life of leisure.

What have the repubs. come up with to help the lower class?!? How about a damn job.

Trump's economy was kicking ass until the shutdowns, and that's all on democrats, period.

A growing economy that began under Obama, and as I recall, did much better numbers wise as far as growth from quarter to quarter. All Trump had to do was not fuck it up....and he does. As I recall, both Republican and Democrat governors had to step in and act when Trump failed to provide any leadership....or any action at all on the virus response. Something that continues to this day.
Record black unemployment
Record unemployment for women

All under Trump, That's what the repubs. offered. And, denied by the democrats. Just the facts.
Trump ran out the good times we had under Obama and look where he took us. And it's all on him. I always have to laugh when trumbots bring up record unemployment for Blacks like, like they give shit about Blacks. Well, let's see how many come out for trump in the upcoming election.
I have to laugh when you think Joe Biden...one of the authors of legislation that put more blacks in prison than any other law that's EVER been passed in this country...cares more about the welfare of blacks than the man who passed prison reform that got blacks released from incarceration and oversaw an economy that had record unemployment for black Americans!

We have a bigger problem than scared of their own shadow RINO's right now....we are being attacked by a communist insurrection movement right inside of our nation...we can deal with do nothing gutless republicans later....vote Trump and vote GOP in November or lose the nation....

America has weathered much worse in the past. And even though some idjit runs around screaming "The Sky is Falling" it never does. Your hate is noted, cupcake.

Would you care to provide the specific economic policies of Barack Obama that grew the economy, Jack? If one were to look at the numbers the first thing that jumps out at you is how the economy WASN'T growing when Democrats controlled the House, Senate and the White House! When did that start to turn around? In 2010 when the GOP "shellacked" (to use Barrack Obama's description!) the Democrats in the mid-term elections and took back enough political power that they could halt progressive legislation like Cap & Trade! The Private Sector started to invest in America again as soon as the liberal wing of the Democratic Party was no longer able to hamstring them with legislation that was anti business!

As for "leadership" in the battle against Covid 19? Trump allowed each US State Governor to decide how individual States would respond to the virus! He did so because a "one size fits all" approach would have been absurd since rural States didn't have the same problems as urban ones! That wasn't a lack of leadership...that was an intelligent use of the delegation of power! As far as failures in leadership? The Governor of New York literally killed thousands of elderly New Yorkers trapped in nursing homes because of HIS policies! THAT is a lack of leadership!

Well jeepers, as I remember, the country was in the throes of a pretty bad recession caused by and left by Obama's predecessor...or are we just ignoring that for sake of expedience? :) You want to go over all the things he did to bail this country out and set it back on the right path...you know, before the shellacking?...you can perform a Google search.

As far as the virus? Trump isn't that smart. Or that clever management wise. I remember vividly that up until March 13th (when the adults had to step in) that he did a lot of golfing, held a lot of pep rallies, tweeted a lot, watched a lot of Fox News, and hung out at Mar-A-Lago. So, how's that rural vs urban states thing working out right now? Kinda puts a big hole in your Trump being a delegating genius, because he's still essentially doing nothing. What does it also say about the competence and viability of Republican leadership? And I seem to recall Cuomo finally owning up and admitting he made mistakes with that nursing home policy...even though he was following the guidelines laid down by the feds and the state. A screw up nonetheless. Sorry, this thread is about the lack of Republican leadership.
You're giving Obama credit for an improved economy and job creation, Jack! I'm simply asking you what Obama economic policy or policies it was that made that happen? Whenever I DO ask you on the left to name the policies that made that happen...you're all suddenly flummoxed! Why is that? Is it because Barack Obama and his economic team struggled mightily to grow the economy and create jobs despite having massive amounts of stimulus money to throw at the problem?
The economy did improve and we did start to create jobs in the Private Sector but it's my contention that happened because the Democrats no longer had the ability to pass job killing legislation like ObamaCare and Cap & Trade! Jobs were created because the Private Sector no longer had to fear what the liberal wing of the Democratic Party was going to throw at them. Jobs were created because new fracking technology produced huge amounts of oil and natural gas despite the efforts of Democrats to curtail that production!

As for your view that Trump doesn't do anything? The fact that he likes to work out of other properties other than the White House doesn't mean he's not working. Trump's days are much longer than Barack Obama's ever were. CEO's hours tend to be that way despite the belief of so many that they lead a life of leisure.

Both of you missed the boat on this. It's beyond the power of any President to increase the Economy. But they can damn sure hurt it. The biggest thing Obama did was do nothing to prevent it and Capitalism, being Capitalism, did the rest. The same can't be said about Rump. He didn't do a thing to help the economy but he did a whole hell of a lot to harm it.

All under Trump, That's what the repubs. offered. And, denied by the democrats. Just the facts.
Trump ran out the good times we had under Obama and look where he took us. And it's all on him. I always have to laugh when trumbots bring up record unemployment for Blacks like, like they give shit about Blacks. Well, let's see how many come out for trump in the upcoming election.
I have to laugh when you think Joe Biden...one of the authors of legislation that put more blacks in prison than any other law that's EVER been passed in this country...cares more about the welfare of blacks than the man who passed prison reform that got blacks released from incarceration and oversaw an economy that had record unemployment for black Americans!
What's really funny is....... Biden is all they have. :auiqs.jpg: They have to hide their candidate until the election and hope their electorate is dumb enough to vote for him

All these great ideas they have all resting with Biden, who's locked up in the basement.

What's really funny is....... Biden is all they have. :auiqs.jpg: They have to hide their candidate until the election and hope their electorate is dumb enough to vote for him

All these great ideas they have all resting with Biden, who's locked up in the basement.

Well, he's out now and speaking out. And doing it well. The best thing Rump couldn't have done right after he was elected was to find that Bunker, climb in and stay there. The best Democratic Candidate the Democrats have to Elect Biden is Rump who proves it each and every day.

Well, he's out now and speaking out. And doing it well. The best thing Rump couldn't have done right after he was elected was to find that Bunker, climb in and stay there. The best Democratic Candidate the Democrats have to Elect Biden is Rump who proves it each and every day.
Yea, go with that.

1594268240005.png

Yea, go with that.

View attachment 361183

Because he wasn't President, stupid. The President always gets the last say. Of course, a good Prez actually listens and learns from his cabinet and others. Not like Rump who, whenever he gets and idea in that sick mind of his, he goes with that. He is given 10 ways to face a problem. 9 of those are sane while one is completely insane. He picks the insane one every time. I wished they would stop with the 9. We would be better off.

The major problems with our healthcare system, or lack of one, have been discussed since the Clinton Administration, when Hilary Clinton was working to fix it. It's been over 20 years, and still the republicans have come up with absolutely nothing. They hated Obamacare, but they have proposed nothing, due to the fact that the republicans can't lead.

The major problems with our healthcare system, or lack of one, have been discussed since the Clinton Administration, when Hilary Clinton was working to fix it. It's been over 20 years, and still the republicans have come up with absolutely nothing. They hated Obamacare, but they have proposed nothing, due to the fact that the republicans can't lead.

our health care system is very good. If you are sick----go to a hospital. The hospital CANNOT refuse you care. WHERE do you imagine or have been TOLD that health care is better? -----SOMALIA?
For that matter-----talk to people from England

our health care system is very good. If you are sick----go to a hospital. The hospital CANNOT refuse you care. WHERE do you imagine or have been TOLD that health care is better? -----SOMALIA?
For that matter-----talk to people from England

People are wiped out financially by medical bills all of the time, and have been for many years. Healthcare is but one of many issues on which the republicans have shown that they have no leadership ability. Arrogant bluster and macho bullshit is not the same thing as good, sane leadership. Where's the republican plan. We're still waiting and they are lagging far behind.

My point is there are many things that could be done by republicans to help provide more opportunity for low wage earners. Stop predatory lending like credit card interest rates that literally do put people into slavery. This is what is so infuriating, there are so many small ways legislators could make an impact on most people’s lives and they just aren’t interested. This is a vacuum someone is going to fill.
Somebody HAS filled that vacuum and has fought against many other corrupt “crony capitalist” features of the status quo. But she is despised by all Republicans and the Donald. Her name is ... Elizabeth Warren.

Elizabeth Warren has just one plan

The Supreme Court is weakening Elizabeth Warren’s brainchild agency. Here’s how she responded.

Here is a typical “Establishment” critique of Warren’s Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which was set up precisely to serve the people and be independent of the industry it regulates.

Warren's CFPB 'achievement' is reason not to make her president

Emptiness? That's a new one. In case nobody on the left noticed the democrats are in the majority in congress and they haven't done much in three years except to engage in what amounts to a political coup. The democrat Speaker's district is literally covered in shit and dirty needles and she takes the media on a tour of her designer ice cream collection during a pandemic. Changes in Obamacare will happen during Trump's 2nd term if people wake up and fire all those useless democrats.

The biggest issue in the midterms elections was healthcare. Obamacare is ten years old. Have republicans come up with their own plan yet? Not no but hell no. What have republicans introduced to help the lower class, because class not race is fixing to be the dominant issue going forward. The republicans have held the senate for 4 years, have they investigated the Obama administrations traitorous actions? Hell no, Lindsey Graham is too busy going on tv to do his job. Spineless senators like Johnson and Langford decided to become suddenly woke by suggesting cancelling Columbus Day in order to have a Juneteenth Holiday in a Naked and laughable attempt to curry favor with leftists. And let’s not forget the genius from Indiana who introduced a bill to take away limited immunity from the police at the very moment they are the most under attack. Oh and this guy wouldn’t even be in the senate without President Trump dragging him over the finish line. And these men claim to be republicans?
why do republicans have no balls? Why are they so useless and cowardly? Why don’t they get it? Do they actually believe they will continue to be elected just because they are not democrats. These people have no principles, no integrity, no grit, no sense of duty, and absolutely no loyalty to the people that elected them.
Republicans haven’t supported the president from day one. First they didn’t think he would last, then he was too toxic, then he was too bold, and always he was not like them. The opportunities missed in the first 100 days of trumps term when republicans held the house and senate are just epic. I just can’t say it enough, as a group they have no balls, they can’t stand the pressure, and their constant posture is always one of submission. The senate is supposed to be a Petri dish for greatness, a place like the presidency where the position cultivates leadership and substance. Not anymore. And republicans don’t have to become sycophants for trump, but they need to vigorously support good ideas by the president and when they are lacking come up with conservative, BIG conservative ideas to move this country forward. Do your jobs, represent the ideals you spouted when you were trying to get elected, and for gods sake when you see your country being destroyed stand up and fight for it. We know trump believes in this country, do you all?
Take the latest sleight of hand by Nancy Pelosi. She slips poison pills into the budget bill and republicans throw up their hands and say what can we do? Hey pantywaists, throw some of your own poison pills in your budget legislation or companion bills. Stop being bullied and taking it. Stop being absolutely worthless.
There are some bright spots. Senator Tom Cotton and the Junior senator from Missouri, and Tim Scott from SC, and a few graybeards like Grassley and Kennedy, but the are the exceptions in a vast pool non functioning legislators. Two bright spots in the primaries were the two newcomers, in NC and Co, who beat entrenched establishment candidates who were even supported by trump, sort of the mirror images of ocasio Cortez. They will be too little too late but every reboot has to start somewhere.
if there was even a shred of unity in the Republican Party comparable to the democrats, trump would be a shoein. But as has been the case since day one, trump has to do all the heavy lifting by himself, and he doesn’t even get credit for keeping the Republican Party off of life support. Democrats are so bad that the lesser of two evils argument might carry the day but the majority of the American people have no one to represent them but a president who is constantly assailed by people who either hate this country or don’t think our values are worth sticking their necks out for.
I am equally frustrated with the uselessness and dog shittery of the republican party.

They are all a bunch of chickenshit motherfuckers. They are so afraid of any kind of criticism that they go hide in their corner and cower away, doing as they're told by the media.

They are the reason we have a Donald Trump in the White House.

Our choice is a) dog-shit do-nothing asswipes, or b) goose-stepping bolshevik communist shit twinkle-toed cocksuckers.

We are forced to go with the do-nothings because the alternative is hell on earth.

Last edited:
Emptiness? That's a new one. In case nobody on the left noticed the democrats are in the majority in congress and they haven't done much in three years except to engage in what amounts to a political coup. The democrat Speaker's district is literally covered in shit and dirty needles and she takes the media on a tour of her designer ice cream collection during a pandemic. Changes in Obamacare will happen during Trump's 2nd term if people wake up and fire all those useless democrats.

You obviously didn’t read the OP. The charge of Republican “emptiness” here is not made by Democrats, but by a hardline Trump supporter. Mainstream Democrats may be useless or worse, but they only control the House, and many Democratic voters seek more radical policy answers to real structural problems of American society.

The sickness in U.S. society is of course not merely political and economic, but also expresses itself culturally, socially, and internationally. Here Democrats as well as Republicans have deep inadequacies. Your wholly partisan Republican view ignores the fact that the Republican-controlled Senate and our President are both running the ship of state on “empty” fumes from the past, and service the interests primarily of the MIC, corporations and the very wealthy.

Last edited:
We have a bigger problem than scared of their own shadow RINO's right now....we are being attacked by a communist insurrection movement right inside of our nation...we can deal with do nothing gutless republicans later....vote Trump and vote GOP in November or lose the nation....

America has weathered much worse in the past. And even though some idjit runs around screaming "The Sky is Falling" it never does. Your hate is noted, cupcake.
:blahblah: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back