The electoral college is a disaster for democracy

We are a constitutional republic that elects representatives. An extent of that republicanism is that our EC elects the presidents. An amendment would have to change the process, and neither party wants such, despite what certain members of those parties may say.

We are a constitutional republic that elects representatives. An extent of that republicanism is that our EC elects the presidents. An amendment would have to change the process, and neither party wants such, despite what certain members of those parties may say.

Shh, that is too serious.

Let's just gleefully bask in the irony.

Neither party wants it so far. We lost the election in 2000 because of the EC. The Democrats need to push for abolition of the EC. I predict Trump will be a one term president and that in 2020 the presidency, the House and the Congress will go to the Democrats, and then we can get rid of the EC, as we should have done 40 or more years ago.

Said Donald Trump in 2012.

I betcha he wishes he could take that one back.

I doubt he regrets anything He is a simplistic thinker and lacks sensibilities. He is a narcissist who just keeps moving forward: no looking back for that jackass.

His only sensitivities are slights to his ego.

Neither party wants it so far. We lost the election in 2000 because of the EC. The Democrats need to push for abolition of the EC. I predict Trump will be a one term president and that in 2020 the presidency, the House and the Congress will go to the Democrats, and then we can get rid of the EC, as we should have done 40 or more years ago.

It would require a constitutional amendment.

It would recieve popular support, but with Republicans being strategically advantaged by it, they would oppose it. If the amendment process got underway, they would just make a state rights argument.

It would require a constitutional amendment.

It would recieve popular support, but with Republicans being strategically advantaged by it, they would oppose it. If the amendment process got underway, they would just make a state rights argument.
We need to get rid of it..

You won't get 38 States to ratify that one.

Im happy Trump won, but i agree with what he said. We need to get rid of that system and go with a system that requires photo IDs and then log every one of them in a computer database so no one can cheat. Trump would have beaten Hillary much worse if illegals werent able to vote.

upload_2016-11-10_1-43-58.jpeg

Yeah because mob rule works so well... Like it did recently in Portland, Oakland, Baltimore, Ferguson, Dallas, Baton Rouge, and the list goes on...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-10_1-41-18.jpeg
    upload_2016-11-10_1-41-18.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 48

Trump would have won without that, if that's why you are now making the argument.

You see, the rules affect how the game is played.

But, of course, if Trump had won the popular vote, and lost the EC vote, then all would have been fine as wine - right?

If he lost the EC while winning the PV, all heck would have broken and the alt right would have been hunted down as if they were mad wolves.

SUDDENLY 'The electoral college is a disaster for democracy' because Hillary won the Popular but not electoral...

:p

The power split is obvious: the PV is democratic, and the EC is republican.

I doubt he regrets anything He is a simplistic thinker and lacks sensibilities. He is a narcissist who just keeps moving forward: no looking back for that jackass.

His only sensitivities are slights to his ego.

Zackly. As far as he's concerned it never happened. Oh it happened, and there's evidence of it

popular10n-2-web.jpg

but he's so fucking arrogant he'll look right at it and declare it doesn't exist.

What's troubling isn't that --- it's that there are sheeple who watch him do that and approve. I believe they're called "useful idiots".

Forum List

Back