The Earth was made for Human beings. There is no need for space travel.

Who could be against space travel? My concern is that we are not going nearly fast enough to advance our space technology. I want the USA to maintain its lead in the space race. The space age can’t come soon enough.

My concern is we don't live long enough to see our research and development come to fruition. Or to travel those distances.

80 years to reach Jupiter or Saturn! That's a lifetime.
Depending on orbit, our fastest time for a craft there is 13 months, that was in 2006.How long would it take to get to Jupiter? | Time, Distance Questions
Some years ago i spoke to a gentleman who worked in the Apollo Saturn V rocket program. He denoted that we could pick up speed like you wrote using current technology. But it is stopping that is the problem with that. The stresses the spacecraft would take in an abrupt burn into orbit would be high.

Who could be against space travel? My concern is that we are not going nearly fast enough to advance our space technology. I want the USA to maintain its lead in the space race. The space age can’t come soon enough.

My concern is we don't live long enough to see our research and development come to fruition. Or to travel those distances.

80 years to reach Jupiter or Saturn! That's a lifetime.
Depending on orbit, our fastest time for a craft there is 13 months, that was in 2006.How long would it take to get to Jupiter? | Time, Distance Questions
Some years ago i spoke to a gentleman who worked in the Apollo Saturn V rocket program. He denoted that we could pick up speed like you wrote using current technology. But it is stopping that is the problem with that. The stresses the spacecraft would take in an abrupt burn into orbit would be high.
A human trip to the outer planets will probably not be for a few generations. That would probably be a journey lasting several years in a larger craft built in orbit. I see our expanse into the reaches of the solar system taking several hundred years and with better technologies than what is current.
Mars is a good target to pave the way.

We really need a way to reduce payload costs with a better system into orbit.

I see a lot of people making statements about how it is our destiny to travel to Mars and to outer space. I have heard reports on what the zero gravity and the deep space radiation that all can damage human tissue. There is no need to travel into space. We were all forged here on the Earth. We were all created on the Earth for the Earth. Not to travel into space. It is unnatural for us to venture into space. Lets concentrate on people here on Earth and spend the billions of dollars here on Earth. Not on some space travel fantasy travel.

I disagree about no need for space travel, but think we will not be able to colonize other planets. I used to think we could multi-planetary (read my sig), but think that is probably out of the question. It seems that we will have an extinction event before it. IOW, we won't be able to have the technology to do a Space Family Robinson. Besides, we can't just repopulate with one family anymore like after the flood. It would take several thousands to another planet that we haven't found yet to colonize in order to re-populate.

This article is more optimistic and puts the number at 160 or 80 -- "Magic number" for space pioneers calculated | New Scientist.

I don't think God will let us off the planet before the extinction event.

God gave us the desire to explore the unknown. How can you say that God did not intend for us to satisfy this desire?

I see a lot of people making statements about how it is our destiny to travel to Mars and to outer space. I have heard reports on what the zero gravity and the deep space radiation that all can damage human tissue. There is no need to travel into space. We were all forged here on the Earth. We were all created on the Earth for the Earth. Not to travel into space. It is unnatural for us to venture into space. Lets concentrate on people here on Earth and spend the billions of dollars here on Earth. Not on some space travel fantasy travel.
Earth was made???? Like created...…???

Lack of curiosity is a sign of a simple mind.

No other planet in our solar system has the right temperature,oxygen,water , plants and naturally regrowing crops as does the Earth in which we find our selves. It is no accident that we find our selves on Earth.For us to want to travel to another planet that was not designed to support human life, is insane, and self destructive. God who created the entire universe placed us all here , because he designed and created this Earth for us to live out our lives here. All this talk about we must explore the universe is spoken by people who are not happy with their lives here on this Earth, and who seek to escape for their own insane purpose. There are Africans who never left Africa
and have never traveled on the ocean or taken a plane ride to another country. This is just the nature of their tribe and culture.We should all be satisfied with our existence here on Earth.

If we ever do find alien life out there Bill Clinton and liberal women will want to have sex with them.

There is no air in space. The temperature ranges from extreme cold to areas that are very hot close to stars. The distance between planets are very large. For we humans here on Earth, the idea of venturing into space is very illogical and self destructive. Space is a very hostile environment for human beings. We must stop wasting our time and money on any idea of long distance space travel.

completely wrong!

There are so many subsets of human culture that hate each other and just can't live on the same planet together that we need to advance space travel just so the various groups can go to different planets and stop all the wars.

until they start bombing each others planets.

they are, after all, only human

We could talk about the thousands of everyday things that are in use that came out of the race to the moon.
We could talk about the overcrowding on earth and the fact that it could be eased.
We could talk about the fact that there is a need in humans to understand things we don't know and to see things, touch things that we have not done before.
We could talk about the numerous high paying jobs it would create.
We could talk about the numerous jobs that would be created as backup to the technical jobs.
But the biggest thing is there have been numerous mass extinction events in the past. There is a very high probability that there will be another. Do we really want to assure that the human race does not live on?

We could talk about the thousands of everyday things that are in use that came out of the race to the moon.
We could talk about the overcrowding on earth and the fact that it could be eased.
We could talk about the fact that there is a need in humans to understand things we don't know and to see things, touch things that we have not done before.
We could talk about the numerous high paying jobs it would create.
We could talk about the numerous jobs that would be created as backup to the technical jobs.
But the biggest thing is there have been numerous mass extinction events in the past. There is a very high probability that there will be another. Do we really want to assure that the human race does not live on?

"Do we really want to assure that the human race does not live on?"

well

we're pretty fkn violent...

we all hate each other

war all over the planet

tyrannical ruthless dictators

the USA is embracing fascism.....

maybe extinction would be best for the universe....

I can't see humans ever becoming any better

New Topics

Forum List

Back