The Earth was made for Human beings. There is no need for space travel.

Well I would suspect that the cost in money and the eventually loss of lives would beg the question is it worth it.

What other planet can sustain life with no atmosphere which would require man to make his own. Terra-forming is the concept but can it be done.

Would it be cheaper to build cities under the Ocean????

Man wants to mold Mars in its image. Will countries start claiming parts of Mars as the US of Mars or USSR or Mars. Of course corporations will want a piece of that action and claim mars as part of their corporation.

Still the other end of the equation is as the population increases how much longer can the earth provide for what everyone wants. What are the effects of man's inflicted damage to the earth with the activities that they do.Yeah it still far off but you never know and we will be all dead by then.

Oh Man,that is a bummer. Damn if you do, damn if you don't

Well I would suspect that the cost in money and the eventually loss of lives would beg the question is it worth it.

Didn't stop those explorers that were told they would fall off the edge of the world if they sailed too far.
Thar be Dragons in space.

All this talk about space travel is all hog wash. We as humans can not exist for any extended period of time away from the Earth. All this talk about the Earth becoming to crowded or the Sun will eventually envelop the Earth is billions of years into the Future. The gravity, the atmosphere the water the temperature was all designed for human life. If we try to go to another world that was not designed for us we will die. We must all try to accept this Earth born reality and stop wasting time and money on space travel fantasy. We can not exist on the Moon or Mars for any extended period of time.! Face these facts.!!

We as humans can not exist for any extended period of time away from the Earth.

we cant breathe under water either, yet somehow people go scuba diving. How is that?
As another poster just pointed out, we use satelites in orbit for communication and other things, that has vastly improved the lives of humans. And actually has helped to increase wealth as we know it by many billions of dollars.

Your so worried about people dying? I don't get the hand wringing. Those same people who want to explore are going to eventually die of something else. Whoever decides to do this would be very aware of the risks, plus I don't think anyone is talking about living on Mars long term. At this point I think it should be looked at as a potential resource. At some point in the future private companies will be sending space craft there as well. It wont always be government.
As soon as we can reduce payload costs of launches.
Perhaps an equatorial elevator?
OP doesn't realize that building rockets, satellites, space stations and the thousands of associated parts and professions created are high paying tech jobs improving the lives of those on Earth. Nothing but another investment in new infrastructure.
We are taking the baby steps now paving the way for generations to come.
OP can't think past now.

can you imagine how much bank the first mining company that begins bringing precious stones back from Mars will make? The market value for something like that would be astronomical, but besides that I would be very interested what lies under the surface of the planet for other scientific reasons. I dont know why anyone would feel access to another world is not exciting.

All this talk about space travel is all hog wash. We as humans can not exist for any extended period of time away from the Earth. All this talk about the Earth becoming to crowded or the Sun will eventually envelop the Earth is billions of years into the Future. The gravity, the atmosphere the water the temperature was all designed for human life. If we try to go to another world that was not designed for us we will die. We must all try to accept this Earth born reality and stop wasting time and money on space travel fantasy. We can not exist on the Moon or Mars for any extended period of time.! Face these facts.!!

We as humans can not exist for any extended period of time away from the Earth.

we cant breathe under water either, yet somehow people go scuba diving. How is that?
As another poster just pointed out, we use satelites in orbit for communication and other things, that has vastly improved the lives of humans. And actually has helped to increase wealth as we know it by many billions of dollars.

Your so worried about people dying? I don't get the hand wringing. Those same people who want to explore are going to eventually die of something else. Whoever decides to do this would be very aware of the risks, plus I don't think anyone is talking about living on Mars long term. At this point I think it should be looked at as a potential resource. At some point in the future private companies will be sending space craft there as well. It wont always be government.
As soon as we can reduce payload costs of launches.
Perhaps an equatorial elevator?
OP doesn't realize that building rockets, satellites, space stations and the thousands of associated parts and professions created are high paying tech jobs improving the lives of those on Earth. Nothing but another investment in new infrastructure.
We are taking the baby steps now paving the way for generations to come.
OP can't think past now.

can you imagine how much bank the first mining company that begins bringing precious stones back from Mars will make? The market value for something like that would be astronomical, but besides that I would be very interested what lies under the surface of the planet for other scientific reasons. I dont know why anyone would feel access to another world is not exciting.
Every element on Earth came from space. I would imagine we might find more to add to the periodic table.

I see a lot of people making statements about how it is our destiny to travel to Mars and to outer space. I have heard reports on what the zero gravity and the deep space radiation that all can damage human tissue. There is no need to travel into space. We were all forged here on the Earth. We were all created on the Earth for the Earth. Not to travel into space. It is unnatural for us to venture into space. Lets concentrate on people here on Earth and spend the billions of dollars here on Earth. Not on some space travel fantasy travel.

It is mans nature to explore. Space is the next frontier.
Which man, White European land grabbers?. Please, lets focus with issues here on the Earth! and stop this insane fantasy of we must explore space. Its all a crock of hog wash waste of time and money.!! and people will die in space.!!

Grow up, loon.

A mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. Any deep space travel will be plagued with problems , and dangerous if not a suicide mission from the start. Lets spend the money here on Earth.

A mission to Mars will be a suicide mission. Any deep space travel will be plagued with problems , and dangerous if not a suicide mission from the start. Lets spend the money here on Earth.

Dangerous, yes. Suicidal, no. And they are volunteers so you have no say in it.

Repeating the same lame argument gives no validation and I have already posted economic reasons on why space is a good investment in our future infrastructure.

You could cut all space spending and each humans share would be about 10 cents. Our leaders waste more a year in fraud and idiotic spending than our entire NASA budget, but I am sure as a statist you are all fine with that.
Tell you what, I will cover your cost and you can stay home and hide under your weighted blanket.

Repeating the same lame argument gives no validation and I have already posted economic reasons on why space is a good investment in our future infrastructure.

You could cut all space spending and each humans share would be about 10 cents. Our leaders waste more a year in fraud and idiotic spending than our entire NASA budget, but I am sure as a statist you are all fine with that.
Tell you what, I will cover your cost and you can stay home and hide under your weighted blanket.

Its not a lame argument. There is no amount of money that can be made in space when lives would be at risk. This money can be made and developed right here on the surface of the Earth. I want you to stop repeating your insane we must and we are destined to explore Mars and deep space argument. Its not cost effective and as I said it is down right dangerous. Many Mars probes have skipped off that planets atmosphere over the past years. Forever lost in deep space. And you space nuts want to send human beings on this dangerous journey?! Like I said we developed as a race of people right here on the surface of the Earth. Not in space or on Mars.!

Space: The final front. Great place to check for the bigger button to bring resources home to the button operators bosses.

Its not a lame argument. There is no amount of money that can be made in space when lives would be at risk. This money can be made and developed right here on the surface of the Earth. I want you to stop repeating your insane we must and we are destined to explore Mars and deep space argument. Its not cost effective and as I said it is down right dangerous. Many Mars probes have skipped off that planets atmosphere over the past years. Forever lost in deep space. And you space nuts want to send human beings on this dangerous journey?! Like I said we developed as a race of people right here on the surface of the Earth. Not in space or on Mars.!
You know.
The Earth is traveling through space right?
Any amount of cosmic accidents such as meteor strike or a gamma burst from deep space could end civilization or even our species. Yellowstone or any of the super cauldrons erupt, it's all over.
Humans will spread throughout the solar system or eventually die out on Earth.
How much population you think this planet can sustain without future draconian population control efforts? Or are you a statist that will control human behavior?
The future of space travel WILL happen without your approval.
You only fight the inevitable.

It is unnatural for us to venture into space.

It is unnatural for us to venture onto the sea ... and yet...

kontiki.jpg

Its not cost effective and as I said it is down right dangerous
Any number of public transportation projects are not cost effective and they are downright dangerous to build.
Many have died or been seriously injured building what you take for granted every day.
Many private companies are investing in space creating good paying tech jobs, creating wealth and economic growth right here on Earth. You can't stop that and why the hell would you? You against prosperity?

Who could be against space travel? My concern is that we are not going nearly fast enough to advance our space technology. I want the USA to maintain its lead in the space race. The space age can’t come soon enough.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people making statements about how it is our destiny to travel to Mars and to outer space. I have heard reports on what the zero gravity and the deep space radiation that all can damage human tissue. There is no need to travel into space. We were all forged here on the Earth. We were all created on the Earth for the Earth. Not to travel into space. It is unnatural for us to venture into space. Lets concentrate on people here on Earth and spend the billions of dollars here on Earth. Not on some space travel fantasy travel.

Obsessed much? You started this same thread a month ago.

It is mans nature to explore. Space is the next frontier.
Which man, White European land grabbers?. Please, lets focus with issues here on the Earth! and stop this insane fantasy of we must explore space. Its all a crock of hog wash waste of time and money.!! and people will die in space.!!

People will also die on earth, even if everyone just hides at home worrying about interracial marriage like you do. People will die because dying is what people do.

Wrong. People die all of the time here on Earth, finding, building, and making things. In other words, time for you to stop being an anti science moron.

Who could be against space travel? My concern is that we are not going nearly fast enough to advance our space technology. I want the USA to maintain its lead in the space race. The space age can’t come soon enough.

My concern is we don't live long enough to see our research and development come to fruition. Or to travel those distances.

80 years to reach Jupiter or Saturn! That's a lifetime.

My concern is we don't live long enough to see our research and development come to fruition. Or to travel those distances.

80 years to reach Jupiter or Saturn! That's a lifetime.
Depending on orbit, our fastest time for a craft there is 13 months, that was in 2006.How long would it take to get to Jupiter? | Time, Distance Questions

Unless and until we find some dynamically new means of physical transport, the best humans can hope for is some moderate puttering around the solar system.
Perhaps the trick here is the concept of physical transport. Why must our physical bodies be projected across mind boggling distances? We have developed incredible means of amplifying our perceptions technologically, and may be capable of great discoveries in ways that do not require accelerating meat to prodigious speeds.

Forum List

Back