The dumpster fire that was 2020...............................

List what you hated most about this year, but also list something that was a bright spot for you.

hate?
not being able to play out.....no more gigs....

bright?
I'm still relatively healthy , and can work everyday , i'm old enough to collect..... just not ready yet....

~S~

There will be no ceremonial ball drop to mark the end of this year. No huddled masses dancing and singing in the Great gathering spots of the world. No New Year's Eve parties to attend, no stolen kisses at midnight.

The artisans at world famous Swararski Crystal have fashioned a stake to be driven through the still-beating heart of 2020 at the stroke of midnight. Swarski craftsmen also made crystal cloves of garlic, silver bullets and a 75' tall crucifix to assure there will be no resurrection of this most cursed year.

I was thinking of putting this in current events, but General Discussion seems a better place for this..............

2020 was a dumpster fire. Not only were there things that were bad for the country, but there were also things that were bad for me personally. COVID did a lot to weaken this country (businesses closing, people getting laid off, record numbers of people needing unemployment as well as food assistance), but in the last week of June, I lost my best friend and room mate. No, she didn't die from COVID, she died of other causes (she had cancer, COPD, diabetes among other things).

So, while 2020 was a dumpster fire of a year, I'm inviting people to list 1 thing they hated about this year, and 1 thing that was a blessing.

Me? It was a mixed bag in the same happening. I lost my best friend who I had lived with for over 15 years (some of you might know her better as Get It Right), who I will always miss, but she left me a house and a car so that I can keep going on.

My hate for this year? Losing my best friend Lois.

My blessing for this year? She left me a house and a car.

List what you hated most about this year, but also list something that was a bright spot for you.
.........I don't understand???!!!!!!!!!!????????? I thought you said Mr Trump was the worst thing in 2020...........???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our low point is the wife diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She is 44 and I am 55.
Had a double mastectomy and now healing from surgery. Didn't spread, and depending on a test we are still waiting on, may avoid chemotherapy. She is not happy about having to go through early menopause as the cancer was fed by hormones.
Hormone therapy is a sure bet.

Forum List

Back