"The Donor Mentality"

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
The perception (title of this post) is right, and look at the source (found at bottom of article).

Obama in Africa: Is He Really for the Poor?
By Larry Elder, World Net Daily
August 31, 2006

"Village beats the drums for returning son."

This Kenyan newspaper headline greeted Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., as he arrived, rock-star-like, in that country. Obama, whose father was Kenyan, waved at thousands who stood in line in Nairobi to cheer him on. One Kenyan, after shaking Obama's hand, said, "He's our lion." Another said, "He will help us." After all, how often does the son of a Kenyan get elected to the U.S. Senate?

Obama's father, also named Barack Obama, once herded goats in Kenya. He won a scholarship to a Hawaiian university, where he met and married Obama's mother, a white woman from Kansas. Obama and his father had a difficult relationship and barely knew each other. His parents separated soon after marriage, and Obama's father returned to Kenya, working as a government economist until his death in 1982.

On his four-nation tour, Sen. Obama – to highlight the tragedy of AIDS in Africa – planned to take an AIDS test. He criticized Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe, whose forced land redistribution caused that nation to plummet into poverty and starvation. Obama even properly attacked Kenyan corruption.

"If the people cannot trust their government," said Obama, "to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and promote their common welfare – then all else is lost. That is why the struggle of corruption is one of the great struggles of our time."

But a reporter raised an issue about which Obama possesses more influence – dealing with American protectionism that hurts Kenyan farmers. Why, asked the reporter, do Americans retain farm subsidies and tariffs that prevent Kenyan farmers from competing in the world's biggest market?

for full article:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?Article_ID=51762

Ya know, this shit really pisses me off! Since when did OUR Elected officials start representing other Countries people? We need to stop this BS. Get yer ass home an represent those that elected you!

Ya know, this shit really pisses me off! Since when did OUR Elected officials start representing other Countries people? We need to stop this BS. Get yer ass home an represent those that elected you!

Agreed--all out politicos have too much power and too much money. Donating to a politician is like funding domestic terrorism.

Maybe your world. We have more control, but I'm afraid we just won't use it.

The trouble, is that you 'think' you have more control, the truth is, you have none.You can never make a difference, it's all a lie.

I hear you loud and clear, Mr. P, and this is one of the MAJOR complaints about the U.S.--that our people are always traveling around the world getting involved in everyone else's business and trying to tell them what to do when we have plenty of problems to take care of in our own country. I can understand this kind of resentment.

I am currently participating in a research project at our university. There are four Arabs in our group, and a native-born Afghani is the manager of the project. Their main complaint against the U.S. is that the country is only a little over 200 years old, but yet it is trying to tell countries that are much, much older what to do.

Well, I guess it comes with the turf of being a superpower and a world leader.
But I'll agree with you that our Senators and Congressmen could spend more of their time trying to solve some of our own problems, like energy, education, Social Security, how to get our debt paid off, etc. That's what we sent them to Washington to do.

I hear you loud and clear, Mr. P, and this is one of the MAJOR complaints about the U.S.--that our people are always traveling around the world getting involved in everyone else's business and trying to tell them what to do when we have plenty of problems to take care of in our own country. I can understand this kind of resentment.

I am currently participating in a research project at our university. There are four Arabs in our group, and a native-born Afghani is the manager of the project. Their main complaint against the U.S. is that the country is only a little over 200 years old, but yet it is trying to tell countries that are much, much older what to do.

Well, I guess it comes with the turf of being a superpower and a world leader.
But I'll agree with you that our Senators and Congressmen could spend more of their time trying to solve some of our own problems, like energy, education, Social Security, how to get our debt paid off, etc. That's what we sent them to Washington to do.

Put the bastards on the next plane home, you know it's the right thing to do.

Forum List

Back