The Dividend Aristocrats/Champions are mostly Down for the Year

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Big time down. What's up are the "There will be Pie In the Sky by and by " Stocks like most of the FAANG issues. This is a classic bubble setup. Are you prepared?

I just sold a stock that was paying 14% annually in dividends. The price had gone up 17% over what I'd paid for it, so I figured that I'd rather take profits equal to a bit over a year's dividends and have the funds right now for other investments..

Out of the hundreds of Champions, Challengers, and Contenders I found 12 issues I did not already either own or had not previously culled that met my 8% minimum dividend yield. And that was before I culled for not paying a dividend in the past three months or no insider purchases in the past year. I am assuming that 4-8 of those 12 ain't going make the cut.

I just sold a stock that was paying 14% annually in dividends. The price had gone up 17% over what I'd paid for it, so I figured that I'd rather take profits equal to a bit over a year's dividends and have the funds right now for other investments..

Smart move. rate hikes ahead.

Forum List

Back