The Divided States Of America...A Nation Of Two...Embrace it

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
It's officially time to pick your side people. (How elementary that sounds...haha)
Defining the "sides":
One side is prideful in God, self and country and would never expect a free ride at the expense of others. This side respects law and order and seeks a likeminded ambitious society where a degree of normalcy and conformity is greatly appreciated. This side spends their life becoming and doing better or thinking about becoming and doing better. They exhaust all effort in parenting their children and teaching family values, morals and life skills which leads to another successful life.

The other side takes great pride in very little as pride is often a byproduct of achievement. This side hates the pressure to achieve. They believe there should be no behavioral standard among Americans. They love an anything goes free for all type of society funded by others. This side will champion for anything and everything that sane Americans would consider shameful. This side believes they have a right to other people's money. They do not believe they should have to do more to get more...they simply believe they deserve more because they're an American. (In some cases)

This has turned into a bare knuckle brawl folks...there is no middle ground.
EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

It's officially time to pick your side people. (How elementary that sounds...haha)
Defining the "sides":
One side is prideful in God, self and country and would never expect a free ride at the expense of others. This side respects law and order and seeks a likeminded ambitious society where a degree of normalcy and conformity is greatly appreciated. This side spends their life becoming and doing better or thinking about becoming and doing better. They exhaust all effort in parenting their children and teaching family values, morals and life skills which leads to another successful life.

The other side takes great pride in very little as pride is often a byproduct of achievement. This side hates the pressure to achieve. They believe there should be no behavioral standard among Americans. They love an anything goes free for all type of society funded by others. This side will champion for anything and everything that sane Americans would consider shameful. This side believes they have a right to other people's money. They do not believe they should have to do more to get more...they simply believe they deserve more because they're an American. (In some cases)

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!
NO!!

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

Which part was inaccurate?

How does your question correlate?

I think his point was more about how you have the sides all intertwined for some reason. I'd start to believe the top one was right wing, and the bottom left wing, but about half your talk is about handouts. And the #1 recipient of welfare are blue collar white Americans. And the most heavily dependent states on Federal welfare are red, while the least are mostly blue.

So I guess I'm kinda confused. You've come up with a false definition to begin with there.

I guess for me, I'd rather not let politicians decide for me what I believe in. I'd rather not just stick with an idea because someone with an R behind their name tells me I should. I lean right on most topics. But have no problem accepting facts as evidence from either side. I don't think picking a side and dividing the US is good for this country either. I think coming together as a country does so much more for us.

But that's just me.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

All of it.

By the way, America has always been a divided nation.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

All of it.

In many ways:

We have those earning a living and those voting for one.

We have those taking personal responsibility to care for themselves/their families and those that expect those doing that to take care of them, too

We have people that get ahead because they're willing to work hard and we have those that think their skin color should be rewarded through affirmative action.

And the list goes on.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

Make it mandatory like they do in Israel that all Citizens serve at least 2 years in the military.

Some of these backstabbing Leftist Traitors need a dose of reality, and a dose of patriotism.

I think his point was more about how you have the sides all intertwined for some reason. I'd start to believe the top one was right wing, and the bottom left wing, but about half your talk is about handouts. And the #1 recipient of welfare are blue collar white Americans. And the most heavily dependent states on Federal welfare are red, while the least are mostly blue.

So I guess I'm kinda confused. You've come up with a false definition to begin with there.

I guess for me, I'd rather not let politicians decide for me what I believe in. I'd rather not just stick with an idea because someone with an R behind their name tells me I should. I lean right on most topics. But have no problem accepting facts as evidence from either side. I don't think picking a side and dividing the US is good for this country either. I think coming together as a country does so much more for us.

But that's just me.

Today's your lucky day...I aim to enlighten the confused, uninformed and self manipulated. You're welcome in advance.
21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month
Who Participated in Welfare?
The black population:
At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.
Help me here....Are Blacks and Hispanics Republicans in "Red States"?

California - 12% of the nations population, 33% of the nations welfare recipients.
Note that Hawaii and New York are fighting CA for that number one spot....also note all three are blue states. Here you go:
It Looks Like Red States Take Most in Federal 'Welfare' from this Map. But Looks Can Be Deceiving.
California’s Welfare Benefits: Boom or Bust?
"There has been much discussion about immigrants in the United States from everywhere around the world. Yet, why is it that California seems to attract the most immigrants of any state? Indeed, while the state is only 12% of the nation’s population, it is home to 33% of welfare residents. According to a report published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) on January 26, 2015, there is a correlation between generous welfare benefits and an increase in immigration.

In total, California outspends every other state in public welfare spending – in 2014, it spent $22.4 billion. In contrast, the next closest state, New York, spent $11.9 billion. That being said, does this make California a magnet for immigrants? Not necessarily. It is more of an anchor – a reason why residents stay for long periods of time in the state. However, to deny that there is no magnet would be incorrect. According to George J. Borjas, the Robert W. Scrivner Professor of Economics and Social Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and the author of the aforementioned report, the reason as to why people decide to relocate is due to “income-maximizing behavior.” Immigrants have already accepted that there are certain fixed costs that are inevitable because of migration, so it is natural that they will flock towards the places with the highest benefits. Empirical evidence suggests that it is because of these differences that there are an increasingly disproportionate number of immigrants among states. While there is the possibility of alternative explanations for this phenomenon, the conclusion that Borjas draws using the wealth-maximization hypothesis is one such testable method.
However, upon closer examination, on a per-capita basis, California’s seemingly generous benefits pale in data comparison to other states. For example, it spends approximately $179 for every resident, behind $233 in Hawaii and $256 in New York. Furthermore, approximately 8.9% of California residents live in poverty, the highest of any state.

What else can I teach you?

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

All of it.

In many ways:

We have those taking personal responsibility to care for themselves/their families and those that expect those doing that to take care of them, too

We have people that get ahead because they're willing to work hard and we have those that think their skin color should be rewarded through affirmative action.

And the list goes on.

You are giving a very biased, partisan and distorted view. It is really just talking point nonsense. Basically, every election shows that the nation is divided by only a few percentage points and the preference between conservative and liberal changes every couple of elections. Most Americans are centrist and many Democrats will vote Republican while many Republicans will vote for Democrats depending on the times and candidates.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

You could save time and typing by breaking it down to good and evil.

Defining the "sides":

EMBRACE THE DIVIDE!

No bias here...

All of it.

In many ways:

And the list goes on.

You are giving a very biased, partisan and distorted view. It is really just talking point nonsense. Basically, every election shows that the nation is divided by only a few percentage points and the preference between conservative and liberal changes every couple of elections. Most Americans are centrist and many Democrats will vote Republican while many Republicans will vote for Democrats depending on the times and candidates.

You refuse to acknowledge the truth. Typical for your kind.

If they are centrist, they aren't Liberal or Conservative. They're a fence rider which can't be trusted by either side.

No bias here...

All of it.

In many ways:

And the list goes on.

You refuse to acknowledge the truth. Typical for your kind.

If they are centrist, they aren't Liberal or Conservative. They're a fence rider which can't be trusted by either side.
No, they are folks who believe in pragmatism and understand that you can't always get what you want. Sometimes resolving problems require compromise. Failure to compromise often leads to problems not being solved and no resolution to the issue at hand. Failure means kicking the can up the road for the next folks to deal with. Extremism on both or all sides leads to failure and exacerbation of problems. Non-extremist American voters understand this. Most Americans, whether Conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat appreciate pragmatism. They want to do what works and don't care whether it is Republican or Democrat inspired.

But that's just me.

Today's your lucky day...I aim to enlighten the confused, uninformed and self manipulated. You're welcome in advance.
21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month
Who Participated in Welfare?
The black population:
At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.
Help me here....Are Blacks and Hispanics Republicans in "Red States"?

California - 12% of the nations population, 33% of the nations welfare recipients.
Note that Hawaii and New York are fighting CA for that number one spot....also note all three are blue states. Here you go:
It Looks Like Red States Take Most in Federal 'Welfare' from this Map. But Looks Can Be Deceiving.
California’s Welfare Benefits: Boom or Bust?
"There has been much discussion about immigrants in the United States from everywhere around the world. Yet, why is it that California seems to attract the most immigrants of any state? Indeed, while the state is only 12% of the nation’s population, it is home to 33% of welfare residents. According to a report published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) on January 26, 2015, there is a correlation between generous welfare benefits and an increase in immigration.

In total, California outspends every other state in public welfare spending – in 2014, it spent $22.4 billion. In contrast, the next closest state, New York, spent $11.9 billion. That being said, does this make California a magnet for immigrants? Not necessarily. It is more of an anchor – a reason why residents stay for long periods of time in the state. However, to deny that there is no magnet would be incorrect. According to George J. Borjas, the Robert W. Scrivner Professor of Economics and Social Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and the author of the aforementioned report, the reason as to why people decide to relocate is due to “income-maximizing behavior.” Immigrants have already accepted that there are certain fixed costs that are inevitable because of migration, so it is natural that they will flock towards the places with the highest benefits. Empirical evidence suggests that it is because of these differences that there are an increasingly disproportionate number of immigrants among states. While there is the possibility of alternative explanations for this phenomenon, the conclusion that Borjas draws using the wealth-maximization hypothesis is one such testable method.
However, upon closer examination, on a per-capita basis, California’s seemingly generous benefits pale in data comparison to other states. For example, it spends approximately $179 for every resident, behind $233 in Hawaii and $256 in New York. Furthermore, approximately 8.9% of California residents live in poverty, the highest of any state.

What else can I teach you?

Of course California Hawaii and NY have high returns. I bet Maryland is up there too. You are looking at states with the highest average earnings, thus a lot more in the higher tax brackets paying out that are getting it back.

Unfortunately California pays in more taxes than it receives from the Federal Government. The states that take that excess of what they pay in in taxes to support themselves are predominantly Republican Voting States.

And welfare comes in more ways than just the payment for not working. Remember food stamps (Mississippi leads nation in food stamp use), insurance relief, college funding, subsidized public transportation, medicaid, rural energy credits, farm credits, etc are all forms of welfare... When you open it to all forms you have your blue collar white's as the top group.

So while you might like to make that statement, it is only true when you ignore the majority of where tax money goes.

While California does spend more per resident. They also make much more per resident. That is why for every dollar of federal tax that Californians pay, they only receive back only about 80-90 cents. Where does that excess tax go that they don't use for themselves? South Carolina would be a good one. For every dollar in federal taxes someone pays, they get back nearly 8 dollars in government support. Be that federally funded jobs, retirement benefits, welfare programs, etc... That's a welfare state. The only way they remain financially viable is other states give them money to survive. If NY only gets back 80 cents on the dollar for every tax dollar it gives to the federal government, and Alabama gets $3.50 back for every dollar, Alabama is the welfare state. They get handouts in excess of what they pay in.

And while you may like using geographically adjusted poverty rates (IE. Californians on average make 20k more than someone from Arkansas, so someone not at the poverty level in Arkansas can make less than someone below the poverty level in California), I think saying earning $25,000 isn't poor in Alabama but earning $27,000 is in California is bunk just because Californian's tend to be a lot more financially successful on average. Especially when you consider that person from Alabama gets a lot more handouts from the Federal Government to get to that number.

lets go with what the US Census says the poverty rate is... Mississippi is #1. quickly followed by Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas, and South Carolina.

That's why they get such a big handout from the government. States like Louisiana and Mississippi have over 40% of their revenue coming from Federal funds.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back