The Divided Dial

Ah,.. thank you! Now I can just shut it off, yay!
Its done really well (Brooke isn't the host of the show); very much like a Frontline presentation. For example, in the first episode I found out that Salem was behind the 2000 Mules silliness. The way the host describes it....Salem sounds like a conservative strain of Scientology.

WNYC has a new podcast out that examines right wing talk radio. I've listened to the first of the five part series and it is very good at both describing the enemies and the challenge the left has on countering the voices of dis/misinformation.

You should get some poms poms. Go narrative!! Twitter will cut the narrative down to size before podcasts do a fucking thing.

Its done really well (Brooke isn't the host of the show); very much like a Frontline presentation. For example, in the first episode I found out that Salem was behind the 2000 Mules silliness. The way the host describes it....Salem sounds like a conservative strain of Scientology.
Yeah, the host still sounded too much like Brooke for my taste. Sorry, I break out in hives listening to anything approaching hoity toity, NPR like smarm anymore. Fox, Salem, and Sinclair appear similar in many ways. recall this little blast from the past?
I worked for a great company that suddenly got absorbed by Sinclair, so that came as no surprise to me. Since then? {crickets}

Lately, I've been enjoying listening to the Daily Beans.. "news, with cursing".. Haha!

Then they begin swooning over the pet pictures they request from listeners and the hives begin again..

Last edited:
Yeah, the host still sounded too much like Brooke for my taste. Sorry, I break out in hives listening to anything approaching hoity toity, NPR like smarm anymore. Fox, Salem, and Sinclair appear similar in many ways. recall this little blast from the past?
I worked for a great company that suddenly got absorbed by Sinclair, so that came as no surprise to me. Since then? {crickets}

Lately, I've been enjoying listening to the Daily Beans.. "news, with cursing".. Haha!

Then they begin swooning over the pet pictures they request from listeners and the hives begin again..
Sinclair was the parent company that had all of their on-air tv anchors reading the same message one day right? I remember there was a YouTube video about it or something.

WNYC has a new podcast out that examines right wing talk radio. I've listened to the first of the five part series and it is very good at both describing the enemies and the challenge the left has on countering the voices of dis/misinformation.

EVERY post by this drone is just more mindless, hyper-partisan nonsense. EVERY post.

Sinclair was the parent company that had all of their on-air tv anchors reading the same message one day right? I remember there was a YouTube video about it or something.
Yes, also from the link I provided:
Sinclair forces its local stations to run pro-Trump “news” segments. In April, they hired Boris Epshteyn, a former Trump campaign spokesman and member of the White House press office, as its chief political analyst. His “must-run” 10-minute political commentary segments unsurprisingly hewed closely to the Trump administration’s message
It describes "Sinclair is the largest broadcast company in America." and as worrisome to Murdoch. Wikipedia currently describes Sinclair as "the second-largest television station operator in the United States by number of stations," though its Wiki on "The Big Three" doesn't even mention Sinclair. Demonstrates how hard they work at "flying under the radar" so that most continue believing that "the Left" controls "the media" rather than the actual few conservative billionaires who do, including Bloomberg and Soros of course.

Bloomberg is a Democrat and virulently anti-Second Amendment.
And? Does he support more tax breaks for the uber wealthy? Because, ya know, more than anything, that's the true definition of a conservative these days ;)

Episode 3 dropped this week.

In the episode, the host describes the landscape of the talk radio dial and examines how the political right continues to portray itself as being censored even though something like 1 out of 7 stations in the nation had a christian radio format. As we all know, this is a large GOP voting block. You continue to see the "I'm a victim" played out on every front by the GOP. They claim the elections are rigged even though they've gained seats in the House during the last two national contests. One shouldn't question why a political party or philosophy keeps going back to the same well...but they should question why supporters continue to believe things that are so easily proven to be untrue.

NPR Central Describes Itself as Left Leaning.
Is NPR a victim?
Ad Fuentes Gives It a Middle :fu:rating.
Here's their 2008 Corporate Sponsor Advertiser List Plus A Few Silly People Who May Still Just Donate
This "I'm a victim" jerkoff got published in The Hill - Yet Another Corporate Duopoly Fellator
There's no longer any "Public" media. All is bought.
Highly edited so as not to piss off their donors owners.
Whose interests does that most serve, right or left?
Its not portraying itself as a victim.

Elitist panderers to the status quo.
In 2014, NPR acknowledged a lack of cultural and ethnic diversity among guests, viewpoints and topics covered as well as the composition of their newsroom and board members.[17]

Noam Chomsky has criticized NPR as being biased toward ideological power and the status quo. He alleges that the parameters of debate on a given topic are very consciously curtailed.

Forum List

Back