CDZ The Dilemma in a Nutshell

What ever happened to "live and let live?"

Ask the native American Indians..

I don't think that's a good example. The Indians fought the English settlers. Torture, drunkenness, capturing whole towns, kidnapping women and children, stealing horses and other livestock and guns ---- the Indians were a bad lot. There's a reason we used to play cowboys and Indians with cap guns. No, the Indians definitely did not "live and let live" and their depredations were so severe we eventually had to move them on.

I have always wondered why no one asks WHY we went to all the trouble to set up reservations ---- ELSEWHERE. Because they killed, robbed, tortured, drank, lay around, were dirty, and took everything they could get hold of. Huh, that reminds me of another group more lately --------- who could that be, who could that be??
We were invading their land did you expect them to greet their foes with kisses and gifts?

We were invading their land did you expect them to greet their foes with kisses and gifts?

Boy, they sure didn't.

Fully 90% of Indians died from the diseases brought in from Europe, I read. They were a completely virgin population for a whole lot of common diseases and were wiped out. Otherwise, I've been reading, there would have been a whole lot more Indian population when the dust settled, as in Mexico and Latin America.

Reminds me of the edgiest Wall Street Journal Pepper and Salt cartoon I've ever seen.

Two Indians sitting on a rock, watching Columbus' three ships sailing in. One says to the other, "Don't worry -- in diversity is our strength."

Last edited:
Two Indians sitting on a rock, watching Columbus' three ships sailing in. One says to the other, "Don't worry -- in diversity is our strength."

Racist slurs are not appropriate for the CDZ section. Let's all stop it and leave it at that.

Racist slurs are not appropriate for the CDZ section. Let's all stop it and leave it at that.

You aren't very good with cartoon humor, are you?

You don't get to say what threads people participate in. YOU could stop: that would be fine.

Forum List

Back