CDZ The Difference between Love & Sex—

Physically, I've been faithful, but sometimes it's a bitch fighting off temptation.
Just give her a big hug and kiss her, saying, forgive me, let's start all over again while holding hands
just a suggestion

Forgive me for what??? I haven't done anything to her; however, she has lied to me and used me over and over.

.) You can't love someone whom you haven't even met, but something sure is going on.
I disagree- I fall in love every morning when I see her on TV- course she doesn't know it nor does her husband-

rashi-vats.png

Interesting, that "crazy little thing called 'love'." I've often wondered how a person can be so drawn to by someone who they only have seen on a flat screen, haven't met, haven't talked to, when TV and movies are full of attractive people of both sexes. What is this phenomenon about? How is it triggered?

A few years ago, after my then-boss got me addicted to an old English serial drama. I watched several years worth of reruns dating from about 2000 on. Then a new character was introduced, a character in his early 20's who was prone to bullying, casual sex, emotional breakdowns, and getting dumped by women he thought he loved, well-played by a 22-year-old actor who was pronounced a "heartthrob" in the press at the time and was so gorgeous I dropped my fork and just drooled, but who quickly found himself in trouble in real life, having done something really stupid. He was as arrogant as any 22-year-old male could be, and was not ready for fame. In the present day, he seems, from looking him up on the 'net, to have turned out to be a pretty nice guy, humble, empathetic, an animal lover, concerned for human rights, still good-looking, although no longer as pretty or as svelte as he was in his early 20's.

I question why I had this response to him, but so many of us have done the same thing. I have no answers. Why do we focus on one particular person who is a stranger, when the world is full of physically beautiful people? It's not love, it's something else.

But as one of my friends has always cautioned me, I tend to over-think things.

I had a friend, dead now, who used to overthink things so much it gave him a negative answer to everything- the one thing positive he did think and say; I'm going to get old, fat, bald, wear bermuda shorts, socks with sandals, and die of cancer- he died of cancer w/o the imaginary frivolities except being bald.

I digress- I've wondered myself what attracts one to another- I chalk it up to chemistry, even from a flat screen TV- personality (even a faked one) can be appealing- the girl I posted the picture of comes across as real, sweet, and approachable and is IMO absolutely gorgeous- her looks are what attracted me, but having watched her for a few years, she's a *doll* in a human body-
At my age (72) lots of things conflate physical attractiveness- experience tells us you can't judge a book by the cover- but, if that chemistry is there you'll damn sure try to make the content of the book as attractive as the cover and look for the good while over looking the bad- which may not be to someone else- however, at my age and with my experience I know I don't do well in relationships- I'm too accommodating for my own good- so, I watch TV every morning hoping to see the love of my life- LOL

Also, when Crystal Bowersox was on American Idol I fell in love with her- she's as real as it gets and having seen her perform in real life I stand by that- I don't approve of or see things the way she does, but, by god! all she has to do to win me over again is do her rendition of me and Bobby Magee and I'm putty in her hands- LOL- chemistry!

I had a friend, dead now, who used to overthink things so much it gave him a negative answer to everything- the one thing positive he did think and say; I'm going to get old, fat, bald, wear bermuda shorts, socks with sandals, and die of cancer- he died of cancer w/o the imaginary frivolities except being bald.

I digress- I've wondered myself what attracts one to another- I chalk it up to chemistry, even from a flat screen TV- personality (even a faked one) can be appealing- the girl I posted the picture of comes across as real, sweet, and approachable and is IMO absolutely gorgeous- her looks are what attracted me, but having watched her for a few years, she's a *doll* in a human body-
At my age (72) lots of things conflate physical attractiveness- experience tells us you can't judge a book by the cover- but, if that chemistry is there you'll damn sure try to make the content of the book as attractive as the cover and look for the good while over looking the bad- which may not be to someone else- however, at my age and with my experience I know I don't do well in relationships- I'm too accommodating for my own good- so, I watch TV every morning hoping to see the love of my life- LOL

Also, when Crystal Bowersox was on American Idol I fell in love with her- she's as real as it gets and having seen her perform in real life I stand by that- I don't approve of or see things the way she does, but, by god! all she has to do to win me over again is do her rendition of me and Bobby Magee and I'm putty in her hands- LOL- chemistry!

I over-think because I want to know what is going on, and if something originates within my own self, I really want to think it through. I am a mystery to myself at times, like "where in the hell did THAT come from." I've been interested in creative writing from a very young age. I wrote short stories as class assignments as far back as junior high school and students came up to me who were not in my class to tell me that they had heard my stories, which the English faculty circulated, and continuing through the classes I took as an adult. Writing requires digging deep into one's own psyche, and sometimes you come out with stuff you didn't know was there and you wonder how it got there.

I've wondered how I could see (and this on a flat screen) hundreds of attractive men, with no reaction, and all of a sudden, there HE is. Bingo! Why, what did he trigger in me? How? I've only experienced this with two or three people over time, but the latest one was a redhead, and I have never, ever been attracted to redheads. Gorgeous body+some mannerism? His voice? The way he holds himself? I've always found physical grace to be a factor. Huh?

We are strangers to ourselves.

I over-think because I want to know what is going on
That's curiosity or nosey depending on perspective- over thinking is knowing the answer and trying to find or justify a different one- of course more than one answer is possible (sometimes) and to find it requires curiosity- I admire a vivid imagination - good and great story tellers, regardless of the format, have them- that's when I ask "where did that come from?"- I consider myself a deep thinker which doesn't equate to imaginative though I have written a little- when I was in the Navy I wrote a couple of short, fictional, essays and I could no more tell you what they were about than my cat could- I've written 4 songs and can remember them verbatim and the emotions that brought them to life- I've written a short book (175 pages for my descendants) which is factual and took only hard work and many hours to complete-
I remember when I was fresh out of the Navy working in a gas station (this was before all the self serve came about) - I was cleaning the rear door window on a car I had just washed when a girl (about my age, maybe a bit younger [I was 21] I surmised) came walking by taking the key to the restroom back inside, she was wearing a semi-transparent blouse and full length slacks- when I saw her I got physically weak in the knees- that had never happened before and has never happened again- much to my chagrin :)

I know myself pretty well - we all can learn about ourselves with introspection, retrospect and self awareness- based on my experience I'd say most aren't interested in self knowledge but clamor to argue about nonsense and superficial crap (politics)- most people I know don't deal well with being quite, or alone, which allows for the previously mentioned attributes. It seems their curiosity is limited to news stories or the headlines as many refuse to read as refuse to exercise self awareness- it blows my mind and the only people I know who think at the same level I do is my youngest son (my intellectual clone with years of having me as his Daddy LOL) and a buddy who lives in another state whom I've come to know quite well through texting and talking on the phone and have met him only twice in person- I call him a friend, something I hesitate to do for all but a few people because- words mean things.
Like calling yourself over thinking when you're curious- LOL-

Sex exists. Love doesn’t. That’s difference #1.

Sex is a means to an end... procreation. Anything more than thst is infantile emotional crap and a waste of time.

There are far more reasons for having sexy than procreation. The exchange of bodily fluids and hormones enhances the health and well being of adults, reduces the risks of many cancers, and are necessary for both physical and emotional health.

There are far more reasons for having sexy than procreation. The exchange of bodily fluids and hormones enhances the health and well being of adults, reduces the risks of many cancers, and are necessary for both physical and emotional health.

if you say so. I’m not gonna waste the time or energy testing the theory. I’ve got better things to do anyway.

The Difference between Love & Sex—

The Difference between Love & Sex—only a question ADULT’ S; could possibly decipher~~~~~~~

No one under the age of 18 years of old, May continue.,,,.\\\

Those who follow are stating that they\you are over the age of 18 years old.

At 70, I have my views; got any of yours willing to share-?

Just asking

:)-
If you have to explain love, you don't get it.

The Difference between Love & Sex—

The Difference between Love & Sex—only a question ADULT’ S; could possibly decipher~~~~~~~

No one under the age of 18 years of old, May continue.,,,.\\\

Those who follow are stating that they\you are over the age of 18 years old.

At 70, I have my views; got any of yours willing to share-?

Just asking

:)-

What's your view?

I find that straight men are becoming more and more jaded these days as they see their liability in matters of sex hitting the stratosphere with the Feminist movement and now the Me Too movement where men are basically seen as predators and can be prosecuted in public for things that may have happened decades ago. There is an organization gaining steam

"M.G.T.O.W - Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: "No". Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a "man" is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn't."

I find that straight men are becoming more and more jaded these days as they see their liability in matters of sex hitting the stratosphere with the Feminist movement and now the Me Too movement where men are basically seen as predators and can be prosecuted in public for things that may have happened decades ago. There is an organization gaining steam

"M.G.T.O.W - Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: "No". Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a "man" is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn't."

"You will always pay for sex. Paying a professional is always the cheapest way to go"

-- unknown

The same theory applies to home and car repairs. If DIY doesn't get the job done, seek professional services.

"You will always pay for sex. Paying a professional is always the cheapest way to go"

-- unknown

The same theory applies to home and car repairs. If DIY doesn't get the job done, seek professional services.
what about self sex?

-- unknown

what about self sex?

If you can DIY as well as a pro ... good for you.

Forum List

Back