The Difference Between A Good Cop And A Bad Cop

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A South Carolina police officer is unemployed and facing criminal charges after he stomped on the head of a physically disabled Black man last week. David Lance Dukes, 38, of Orangeburg, is charged with first-degree assault and battery. Body-worn cameras recorded the violent incident as Dukes and other officers went to the Colleton Village Townhomes to investigate a 911 call about a man with a gun. "Officer Dukes ordered my client and another individual to get on the ground, but because of my client’s disability, he’s relatively slow,” Bamberg said. “He was trying to get down as fast as he could.” It apparently wasn’t fast enough for the officer.

“Officer Dukes raised his right leg and forcibly stomped with his boot on the victim’s neck and/or head area.” Gailyard’s head struck the concrete of the parking lot. He was later taken by paramedics to an emergency room for treatment. Bamberg praised one of Dukes’ colleagues, Sgt. Aqkwele Polidore, for working to immediately de-escalate the situation. In her own report of the incident, Polidore wrote that she was “in disbelief” over what she saw that afternoon. Her camera captured Dukes explaining to a supervisor, Sgt. Aaron Maier, what he said took place. “He is not telling the truth. Dukes kicked Mr. Gailyard in the neck,” Polidore says."

So who was the good cop in this scenario; the cop who told the truth and didn't physically assault a disabled man or the cop who lied and actually did assault a disabled man?? According to the report, after the department reviewed the body cam footage; they concluded David Dukes was at fault, they concluded that Dukes lied about what occurred and he was fired.

Anyone who feels the officer who tried to de-escalate the situation and told the truth instead of covering for her "fellow officer" is the bad cop in this scenario -- you are part of the problem....the whole goal for police and justice reform is to have more Officer Polidores on the streets and less Officer Dukes....As Mr. Gailyard said himself,
“She didn’t lie. She told the truth -- All officers are not bad. Some are good.”

There used to be a Blue Wall to keep these things quiet.

He resisted arrest
We felt threatened.
I thought he had a gun

Cameras have changed that

Last edited:

"A South Carolina police officer is unemployed and facing criminal charges after he stomped on the head of a physically disabled Black man last week. David Lance Dukes, 38, of Orangeburg, is charged with first-degree assault and battery. Body-worn cameras recorded the violent incident as Dukes and other officers went to the Colleton Village Townhomes to investigate a 911 call about a man with a gun. "Officer Dukes ordered my client and another individual to get on the ground, but because of my client’s disability, he’s relatively slow,” Bamberg said. “He was trying to get down as fast as he could.” It apparently wasn’t fast enough for the officer.

“Officer Dukes raised his right leg and forcibly stomped with his boot on the victim’s neck and/or head area.” Gailyard’s head struck the concrete of the parking lot. He was later taken by paramedics to an emergency room for treatment. Bamberg praised one of Dukes’ colleagues, Sgt. Aqkwele Polidore, for working to immediately de-escalate the situation. In her own report of the incident, Polidore wrote that she was “in disbelief” over what she saw that afternoon. Her camera captured Dukes explaining to a supervisor, Sgt. Aaron Maier, what he said took place. “He is not telling the truth. Dukes kicked Mr. Gailyard in the neck,” Polidore says."

So who was the good cop in this scenario; the cop who told the truth and didn't physically assault a disabled man or the cop who lied and actually did assault a disabled man?? According to the report, after the department reviewed the body cam footage; they concluded David Dukes was at fault, they concluded that Dukes lied about what occurred and he was fired.

Anyone who feels the officer who tried to de-escalate the situation and told the truth instead of covering for her "fellow officer" is the bad cop in this scenario -- you are part of the problem....the whole goal for police and justice reform is to have more Officer Polidores on the streets and less Officer Dukes....As Mr. Gailyard said himself,
“She didn’t lie. She told the truth -- All officers are not bad. Some are good.”
That’s it? One soft stomp to push him to the ground? I’ve seen BLM riots where people get brained a lot worse than that.

The head stomping cop's name is David Dukes?
That seems unfortunate - And WTF were his parents thinking? :omg:

donald-trump-david-duke.jpg

A policeman is no different from you or me. We are witnesses. A true witness tells the truth of what he knows. A false witness doesn't tell the truth of what he knows.

There are no bad cops, only bad training and bad supervision. The system works but who do we see about the hatred promoted by the left that resulted in two Police Officers shot in an ambush with one female officer killed and one male Officer not likely to live?

A ''good cop'' will kick your door down, guns drawn, just as soon as a ''bad cop'' will kick your door down, guns drawn. Both will run toward your door to do so, too.

Takes one phone call. Doesn't even matter if you actually did anything. One phone call is all it takes.

Forum List

Back