The devastation in Turkey and Syria is beyond belief, estimated 30,000+ already dead, expected to grow to 60,000 as the trapped die

It is almost impossible to get aid into Syria. The area is held by rebels and Assad is only opening 1 border point.

Those people are literally on their own.

Erdogan has issued several hundred arrest warrants for developers who built the death traps. Local officials are guilty as well.
Pffft, arrest warrants ? If your city was hit with a 7.9 earthquake, then the same thing would happen. No modern made anything could withstand a natural disaster on a scale of that magnitude, especially after it takes a direct hit. Gotta blame someone or something right ??

Pffft, arrest warrants ? If your city was hit with a 7.9 earthquake, then the same thing would happen. No modern made anything could withstand a natural disaster on a scale of that magnitude, especially after it takes a direct hit. Gotta blame someone or something right ??

7.9 is right around the upper limit of even the best structures that we can build here with SOTA technology, elastomeric bearings, etc., if we know we are in an earthquake zone building new buildings! So, I'm not sure how much you can completely fault a builder in Turkey then unless they could build their buildings out of concrete made from Tommy's head!

I'm not sure that anything is tough enough to crack that.

I took it right from the broadcast who took it off twitter.

I dont have my own lab.

In 2 weeks, if there are “only” 30,000 dead between Turkey and Syria, it will be a miracle.

The crying baby with the umbilical cord still connected to the dead mother was rough.

45,000….I hope that is all!

Forum List

Back