The Detroit Tigers are Yankee killers

The Yankees failed to win a game in a postseason series for only the fifth time. They hadn't been swept since a best-of-five ALCS against Kansas City in 1980. The last team to sweep four straight against them had been Cincinnati in the 1976 World Series.

Detroit also beat New York in the division series in 2006 and last year. The Tigers became the first team to win three straight postseason series against the Yankees, according to STATS, LLC.

New York never led in this series - the only other time that's happened to the Yankees was when they were swept by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 1963 World Series

Tigers rout Yankees 8-1 for 4-game ALCS sweep - Yahoo! Sports

George Steinbrenner is spinning around in his grave!

I am BEYOND happy!

Who would have believed that the high-scoring Yankees lineup would be silenced like that.

Anybody who knows anything about baseball could see that the Yankees pitching SUCKED, and their hitting carried them all season.

"Good pitching beats good hitting every time".

I am BEYOND happy!

Who would have believed that the high-scoring Yankees lineup would be silenced like that.

Anybody who knows anything about baseball could see that the Yankees pitching SUCKED, and their hitting carried them all season.

Yep and the Tigers have the best starting pitching in baseball:cool:

The last three times the Tigers and Yankees met in the playoffs, Tigers domanated...This time a sweep is coming:cool:

Well, I am guessing by this post you must be a Tigers fan. Thank you and mad props from this Boston Red Sox fan!!! I hope your Tigers win the World Series!!!

The last three times the Tigers and Yankees met in the playoffs, Tigers domanated...This time a sweep is coming:cool:

Well, I am guessing by this post you must be a Tigers fan. Thank you and mad props from this Boston Red Sox fan!!! I hope your Tigers win the World Series!!!

Thanks...Theres a lot of Yankee hate out there, and the Tigers own them:D

Last edited:

Boston Red Sox fan seconding this sentiment. :eusa_clap:

Yankees suck and watching the Tigers sweep their pompous asses back to the Bronx does a soul good! :tongue:

Don't even like baseball, but I do live in the Detroit area so the infectious celebratory mood that has taken over the area has infected me too.

This seems like a great story for not just the team, but for the city as well. Hopefully winning the World Series will do for Detroit what winning the Super Bowl did for the New Orleans. Goodness knows this city could really use a momentous event like that.

I am BEYOND happy!

Yea! WTF is wrong with CC, the Bronx Bombers score him A run last night!!!

The Yankee killers were the Yankees.

Detroit has a good ball club, but don't be surprised if the Cards or Giants win the World Series.

BTW, what position will the MVP of the ALCS play in games in St Louis or San Fran...backstop???

I am BEYOND happy!

Detroit has a good ball club, but don't be surprised if the Cards or Giants win the World Series.

BTW, what position will the MVP of the ALCS play in games in St Louis or San Fran...backstop???

Who has the best starting pitching in baseball? The Yankees had the best record this season...The Tigers crushed them like a bug, as they always do in the playoffs:cool:

I am BEYOND happy!

Who has the best starting pitching in baseball? The Yankees had the best record this season...The Tigers crushed them like a bug, as they always do in the playoffs:cool:

The Tigers do have a great ace in Verlander, the rest of their pitching staff is very good, but has been suspect at times.

Yes, the Tigers crushed the Yankees, but they didn't 'crush' the Oakland A's, now did they. WHO is the Oakland A's ace?

Is Robinson Cano a .075 hitter, and the Yankees a .157 hitting team? I doubt you can place all the credit on the Tiger's pitching staff.

I'm sure Delmon Young will play a stellar backstop in the World Series.

303x235.jpg

BTW, both the Cards and Giants have right hand dominant lineups. Maybe they will bat from the left side of the plate just so Phil Coke can close.

A5LBnqjCEAAcIzt.jpg

Yankees suck and watching the Tigers sweep their pompous asses back to the Bronx does a soul good! :tongue:

I'm a Tigers fan AND a Red Sox fan. I used to live in Michigan and have lived in the northeast for the past 10 years.

I've got the best of both worlds. It helps ease the pain of the Red Sox debacle this year.

Tigers/Cardinals World Series will be a good one.

I'm a Tigers fan AND a Red Sox fan. I used to live in Michigan and have lived in the northeast for the past 10 years.

I've got the best of both worlds. It helps ease the pain of the Red Sox debacle this year.

Tigers/Cardinals World Series will be a good one.

The pain has lessened here with the Yankees going down hard. Go Tigers!!

The Tigers do have a great ace in Verlander, the rest of their pitching staff is very good, but has been suspect at times.

Yes, the Tigers crushed the Yankees, but they didn't 'crush' the Oakland A's, now did they. WHO is the Oakland A's ace?

Is Robinson Cano a .075 hitter, and the Yankees a .157 hitting team? I doubt you can place all the credit on the Tiger's pitching staff.

303x235.jpg

BTW, both the Cards and Giants have right hand dominant lineups. Maybe they will bat from the left side of the plate just so Phil Coke can close.

A5LBnqjCEAAcIzt.jpg

Young drove in more runs than the entire Yankees team did in the series and you won't be seeing Valverde in a Tigers uniform anymore and he won't be pitching in the series either we would have wrapped up Oakland sooner if not for him he tried hard to give the Yankees a win too

303x235.jpg

A5LBnqjCEAAcIzt.jpg

Young drove in more runs than the entire Yankees team did in the series and you won't be seeing Valverde in a Tigers uniform anymore and he won't be pitching in the series either we would have wrapped up Oakland sooner if not for him he tried hard to give the Yankees a win too

The Tigers had 3 less runs than the Yankees had hits.

If the Tigers face St Louis (likely), they have a strong RH dominate order. I believe if they can't straighten out the Big Potato, it might be a problem.

I will be pulling for the Tigers, I'm a Yankee fan, but also an AL fan. I love Jimmy Leyland.

Hey, maybe if Coke can close out the Cards in game 7, he can become the reincarnation of Mickey Lolich?

1968tigers_display_image.jpg

One of my favorite all time players
Mr. Tiger...Al Kaline

al-kaline.jpg

The Skankers proved once again, you can't always buy your way to the top.

The Yankees did win their division, had the best record in the AL, and made it to the ALCS. Did you mean the Angels, Dodgers and the Marlins?

Forum List

Back