The Detroit Tigers are Yankee killers

The Skankers proved once again, you can't always buy your way to the top.

The Yankees did win their division, had the best record in the AL, and made it to the ALCS. Did you mean the Angels, Dodgers and the Marlins?

No, I mean the Yankees. With their payroll, anything less than a world series win means they failed. Now take the Oriole payroll by comparison, and look what they did. Showalter deserves manager of the year.

The Skankers proved once again, you can't always buy your way to the top.

The Yankees did win their division, had the best record in the AL, and made it to the ALCS. Did you mean the Angels, Dodgers and the Marlins?

No, I mean the Yankees. With their payroll, anything less than a world series win means they failed. Now take the Oriole payroll by comparison, and look what they did. Showalter deserves manager of the year.

The Greek definition of happiness is full use of ones powers along the lines of excellence.
President John F. Kennedy

Yes, the Yankees have a large payroll, but money can't stop father time. The Yankees are getting old, and they're entering into the downside of contracts like A-Rod's. We saw Posada pushed out last year, and Mo, Pettitte and Jeter are soon to follow. Even CC is showing signs of age catching up with him.

A-Rod is a real problem because he has 5 years left on his contract and he already can't catch up on an 88 mph fastball. I hope they can find a way to move him, but A Rod is a 10-and-5 player, meaning he can reject any deal.

Not settling for anything less than world championships, going back to Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle and Reggie is why the Yankees have won 27 championships.

Everyone who hates the Yankees, always opens their wallets to buy a ticket when the Bronx Bombers roll into their town.

I really enjoyed seeing the Orioles turn into a contender with young players like Wieters, Jones and Markakis taking the next step. And Manny Machado looks like a real up and coming star. Buck did a awesome job changing the culture in the clubhouse, and especially piecing together a starting rotation and bull pen.

I root for the Yankees, but I don't root against other teams and players. I am a baseball fan first. Seeing what Mike Trout and Bryce Harper did this year at 20 and 19 is something all baseball fans should embrace.

Last edited:
Always love to see the Yankees lose, to anybody really but especially the Tigers. Looks like they're folding against the Giants though.

This series is an old fashioned clinic in baseball. The Giants remind me of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. Gregor Blanco's catch of Jhonny Peralta in left looked like Sandy Amoros's catch of Yogi Berra.

And Vogelsong played the role of Johnny Podres.

Meet the 1955 Dodgers

Manager Walter Alston (HOF)
Catcher Roy Campanella (HOF)
First baseman Gil Hodges
Second baseman Jim (Junior) Gilliam
Third baseman Jackie Robinson (HOF)
Shortstop Pee Wee Reese (HOF)
Left fielder Sandy Amoros
Center fielder Duke Snider (HOF)
Right fielder Carl Furillo
Pitcher Don Newcombe
Pitcher Carl Erskine