The Dems have no one to blame for this, but themselves ... or the progressives among them

I saw an article headlined "is Manchin the only dem who can read polls." Catchy maybe, but ... snarky and not really to the point. You know what was really unpopular about Obamacare? The mandate. And it was totally unnecessary. Even at the time people pointed out that Medicare has a "soft mandate" that people not only don't object but they don't even notice. If you don't signup for Medicare - and it doesn't cost anything for most of who worked our lives to sign up for Part A hospitalization - it will cost you if you try to sign up later.

And the Obamacare tax was so low, it really didn't pay for those folks who refused to purchase private coverage even with subsidies. It really just came down to the progressives NEEDING to tell people what to do.

This AM, I saw this article.

And it's right. The dems should be polling near 60%.
The poll revealed that when aspects of Biden’s plan are polled separately, they receive massive support. Nearly 88 percent of Americans approve of lowering the price of prescription drugs, which will save lives in a country where Joe Manchin’s daughter helped jack up the price of an Epipen. Seventy-three percent of Americans support paid family and medical leave in the only industrialized country that does not guarantee paid parental leave. Sixty-seven percent want universal preschool and kindergarten, in a nation that’s only seemed to care about children when they’re in the womb.

Only 54 percent of Americans approve of Biden’s plan, but when you just mention Medicare and family leave, that number jumps to 67 percent.

Health care is what helped Democrats take Congress in 2018. Republicans have offered zero plans except killing Obamacare and replacing it with Regeneron, “inshallah,” and death. Why not start with how the plan strengthens Medicare, lowers the price of prescription drugs, and allows for paid parental leave?

The article was written by a liberal (or I'll call him that since he writes for NYT Daily Beast Atlantic Guardian), and I don't hold that against him, personally. But he does seem to say those people (a MAJORITY btw) who don't like the direct transfer payments (send em cash and they'll love us) is the majority's fault for just not understanding. But perhaps it's becuase most Americans want govt to help us have CHOICES we can make to better our own lives, which incidentally is why so many people are trying to become Americans ... regardless of their faith skin tone or orientation.
FREE shit is popular lol. Okay why don't all you mooching deadbeats who don't pay taxes or pay only a fraction of the taxes the top 10% pay more? Go right ahead fund all this stuff give half your paycheck to government. I predict a poll CRASH if you add on the stipulation that they will have to actually pay for the FREE shit.

FREE shit is popular lol. Okay why don't all you mooching deadbeats who don't pay taxes or pay only a fraction of the taxes the top 10% pay more? Go right ahead fund all this stuff give half your paycheck to government. I predict a poll CRASH if you add on the stipulation that they will have to actually pay for the FREE shit.
What free shit?

I saw an article headlined "is Manchin the only dem who can read polls." Catchy maybe, but ... snarky and not really to the point. You know what was really unpopular about Obamacare? The mandate. And it was totally unnecessary. Even at the time people pointed out that Medicare has a "soft mandate" that people not only don't object but they don't even notice. If you don't signup for Medicare - and it doesn't cost anything for most of who worked our lives to sign up for Part A hospitalization - it will cost you if you try to sign up later.

And the Obamacare tax was so low, it really didn't pay for those folks who refused to purchase private coverage even with subsidies. It really just came down to the progressives NEEDING to tell people what to do.

This AM, I saw this article.

And it's right. The dems should be polling near 60%.
The poll revealed that when aspects of Biden’s plan are polled separately, they receive massive support. Nearly 88 percent of Americans approve of lowering the price of prescription drugs, which will save lives in a country where Joe Manchin’s daughter helped jack up the price of an Epipen. Seventy-three percent of Americans support paid family and medical leave in the only industrialized country that does not guarantee paid parental leave. Sixty-seven percent want universal preschool and kindergarten, in a nation that’s only seemed to care about children when they’re in the womb.

Only 54 percent of Americans approve of Biden’s plan, but when you just mention Medicare and family leave, that number jumps to 67 percent.

Health care is what helped Democrats take Congress in 2018. Republicans have offered zero plans except killing Obamacare and replacing it with Regeneron, “inshallah,” and death. Why not start with how the plan strengthens Medicare, lowers the price of prescription drugs, and allows for paid parental leave?

The article was written by a liberal (or I'll call him that since he writes for NYT Daily Beast Atlantic Guardian), and I don't hold that against him, personally. But he does seem to say those people (a MAJORITY btw) who don't like the direct transfer payments (send em cash and they'll love us) is the majority's fault for just not understanding. But perhaps it's becuase most Americans want govt to help us have CHOICES we can make to better our own lives, which incidentally is why so many people are trying to become Americans ... regardless of their faith skin tone or orientation.
All the proposals of the most progressive liberal is favored by a majority of Americans. The American populous has been hoodwinked because these programs never get the votes of republicans and corporate Democrats. Only the progressives hold the key but they are sadly outnumbered and always will be.

Trump actually got some drug prices down but somehow this is Bidens plan lol
Really. Did younsver take a look at what we pay for meds ? All because the repos took away from the Fed the ability to negotiate drug prices. This is a gop move. When Trump and both houses, he did nothing but brag what a great prick he was.

And because Obama's fascist care shit in the punch bowl, the prices of those with employer based plans also doubled or more in costs.

Obamacare was the biggest middle class tax increase in history.
And my deductible went from zero to $2500.00.

Really. Did younsver take a look at what we pay for meds ? All because the repos took away from the Fed the ability to negotiate drug prices. This is a gop move. When Trump and both houses, he did nothing but brag what a great prick he was.

Oh look, a Nazi is lying - another demon got his horns.

Forum List

Back