The Democratic Party has won the culture war

we are supposed to keep the nation up for our posterity.

Yes, but clearly you mistakenly belive this means living in the past. No dude, we must always lead.
We are shipping it out to others.

What on earth are you talking about?

We are getting weaker.

We are not getting weaker, other countries are catching up as we cease being innovative. Trumpism and it's "return to the pass" really hurt us. Good Ole Joe will make us whole again. No worries.

And that means the two oceans will not make much of a difference when wars start breaking out in this hemisphere. And they will.

I never said they would BUT they were why we became the world super economy.

For the record, liberals did not say "He's not my President" in reference to Trump.

I remember it differently.

View attachment 455529

View attachment 455530

Maybe it was just me that was saying "I can't believe that that f*cking idiot is my President"!

I can't speak for all liberals...sorry....

I was saying the same thing as you.

I remember being very frustrated with the protestors right after the election. They took to the streets chanting "not my president". So many of them and so energized. WHERE WAS THAT ENERGY ON ELECTION DAY??? We had one day to show up, one day where it counted, and we missed it. I wondered how many of the people out there chanting didn't bother to show up on election day.

In my opinion, there was nothing to protest. We lost.

Show up? Why? Trump was telling people it was in the bag and he was winning by a landslide.

For the record, liberals did not say "He's not my President" in reference to Trump.

I remember it differently.

View attachment 455529

View attachment 455530

Maybe it was just me that was saying "I can't believe that that f*cking idiot is my President"!

I can't speak for all liberals...sorry....

I was saying the same thing as you.

I remember being very frustrated with the protestors right after the election. They took to the streets chanting "not my president". So many of them and so energized. WHERE WAS THAT ENERGY ON ELECTION DAY??? We had one day to show up, one day where it counted, and we missed it. I wondered how many of the people out there chanting didn't bother to show up on election day.

In my opinion, there was nothing to protest. We lost.

Show up? Why? Trump was telling people it was in the bag and he was winning by a landslide.

In 2016?

Stigmas develop out of many places. The problem is that it can become a self fulfilling prophecy.
I agree that it can in certain times and instances.
And let's not ignore history either, since we are talking about where stigmas come from. It's undeniable that in the civil rights era, black people were policed very differently than white people, treated very harshly. Stigma existed back then too, but was it justifiable then? I doubt any of us would defend it.
Well, the two "stigmas" we're talking about are quite different. There's a gigantic difference between rabidly racist Democrats in the 60's holding contempt for a race and police officers in the modern day, especially inner cities, who deal with a group that commits so much of our country's violence while being such a small sample size, and expecting them to ignore basic wisdom in their profession.

You need to go on record here so we can find out what standards are to be expected across all issues. If there was a "rapist" on the run in a park, and you looked around saw mostly females and a few guys.. would you look closer at the men? If so.. why? And if not, why not?

I definitely would profile. Profiling can be a very good thing. Of course, it can be applied to much, as most things in life.

But what happens when the stigma becomes a self fulfilling prophecy? If you believe black people are criminals
I don't believe "black people are criminals".. do you? Young black men have higher crime rates, especially in inner cities, but you're throwing a claim onto me that I nowhere near agree with. Try to be honest and respectful here.
then you police them more. When you police them more, you find more crimes (duh).
Are you saying that everyone commits the same amount of crime, and the only reason more black people are arrested is because we look for it in them more? Or, do you think different cultures act differently, and this will manifest into differences? I, as a Conservative, obviously believe the latter.
When you find more crimes, you have more trials. The sentencing gets more harsh. Justice becomes putative, which often means those caught up in it have a much more difficult way out. They don't have a support system to rely on. They can't get back into society and if they do, they're kept on the fringes of it. These people are often discarded.
Once you get to the court system, you're not just talking about a race issue. It's sex as well. Men get harsher sentences, are treated unfairly, and then don't get back into the system. Notice, those on left care nothing for this. It's hard to believe these types of claims are genuine when just next door there is just as much injustice but yet it's never spoken of. If it's about justice for those abused by the court system, no matter who is abused.. white, black, male, female, I'm in. If it's just about race, it's obviously just an identity politics measure.

I don't see how you can say they should profile without tainting perspective. That's exactly what profiling is. If black men commit a lot of crimes, you can't apply that knowledge to an individual. They are not guilty because of the crimes of those who match their demographics. You can't treat them differently because of it. That's not right.

You bring up a good point. When so many people of one's "group" commit so many crimes, and they then by proxy get profiled by police, it's technically injustice I get it. The question is, who do you point the finger at? Classically, this is where Conservatism and Leftism part ways. Leftists and Democrats blame the system and police for the crimes these people commit. Their environment and such supposedly make them do it. Meanwhile, Conservatives believe every individual has a choice, even if there are major stresses, temptations, and factors. If I were a black male, I would think more than one thing at once:

1. It's BS that I get eyeballed at more than other at times
2. It's BS that there are so many bad apples in our racial tree farm that cause me to get eyeballed more often.,

So yes, based on history.. as in measurable FBI data history, blacks do get the short end of the stick at times. If they don't like this, they can continue to point the finger at America, white people, and Republicans.. or they can get mad at who actually caused it in the first place... the alarmingly high number of blacks who commit violent crime.

It's a complex issue, and too often I'm expected to attempt to begin to discuss it when mental children such as the MSM, radical Democrats, and sports/Hollywood celebrities scream that blacks are being murdered, unarmed and pacifist, by police across our nation all the time. This is verifiably false based on data, and can only be done not in a truth-seeking measure, but in an emotional appeal to rile up the base. Identity politics propaganda if you will.. because the claims are absolutely false. Whether it's a "lie", "misinformation" or "disinformation".. this has to stop.

Forum List

Back