The Democrat Party: The Party that tried to Filibuster the Civil Rights Act.

trying to conflate the Dem party of today with the Dixiecrats of 1965 and before is stupid and dishonest.

Those Dixiecrats are now solidly Republicans
there was no Dixiecrats in 1965.....the Dixiecrats were created in 1948 by some dems, to run against Truman, they dissolved that same year, and where welcomed back in the party by 1952...with open arms...the Dems even nominated one of them as VP

?
what do you have a question about?
Your ridiculous claim
Ever hear of the “Solid South”?

trying to conflate the Dem party of today with the Dixiecrats of 1965 and before is stupid and dishonest.

there was no Dixiecrats in 1965.....the Dixiecrats were created in 1948 by some dems, to run against Truman, they dissolved that same year, and where welcomed back in the party by 1952...with open arms...the Dems even nominated one of them as VP

?
Your ridiculous claim
Is that another name for all those racist Dimwingers?

If you doubt the existence of Dixiecrats you're either dishonest or stupid.

You choose

?
Your ridiculous claim
What did I say that was ridiculous? It wasn't a claim...it's historic fact.

Yes the Dems had the South...solidly for decades...it started to break apart after years of GOP pushing of Civil Rights legislation got through...amazing once the Dems were no longer to oppress votes..things slowly turned around...now the South is no longer a oppressive poor regime and we are starting to see a strong economy...and a lot of migration to the south.

?
Your ridiculous claim

Yes the Dems had the South...solidly for decades...it started to break apart after years of GOP pushing of Civil Rights legislation got through...amazing once the Dems were no longer to oppress votes..things slowly turned around...now the South is no longer a oppressive poor regime and we are starting to see a strong economy...and a lot of migration to the south.
Like I said

Your revisionist history is ridiculous. Just like today, if you don’t like the facts.....make up your own

?
Your ridiculous claim

Like I said

Your revisionist history is ridiculous. Just like today, if you don’t like the facts.....make up your own
what did I revise? I provided a link for you to educate yourself. What did I make up? It's a freakin' NY Times article I provided you

Not only did Al Gore's father lead the fight to deny blacks their Civil Rights,, but the Mentor of today's leader of the Democrat party was one of those racists who tried to deny blacks equal rights.

How is it that the DEMOCRAT party can elect a KKK Leader to the Senate until he died in 2010, AND have two of their Presidential candidates in this century closely tied to the attempt to deny blacks their civil rights?

Yes, and this is relevant 50 years later because?????

Not only did Al Gore's father lead the fight to deny blacks their Civil Rights,, but the Mentor of today's leader of the Democrat party was one of those racists who tried to deny blacks equal rights.

How is it that the DEMOCRAT party can elect a KKK Leader to the Senate until he died in 2010, AND have two of their Presidential candidates in this century closely tied to the attempt to deny blacks their civil rights?

It demonstrates the long, pathetic racist history of the Dimwinger party.

Now STFU Canuck.

?
Your ridiculous claim

Can you point to a single piece of Civil Rights Legislation that was passed by a Republican Congress, or promoted by a Republican President. I googled it and I could find a single piece of Civil Rights Legislation since 1932 that was promoted by a Republican President, or passed by a Republican Congress.

?
Your ridiculous claim

Can you point to a single piece of Civil Rights Legislation that was passed by a Republican Congress, or promoted by a Republican President. I googled it and I could find a single piece of Civil Rights Legislation since 1932 that was promoted by a Republican President, or passed by a Republican Congress.
If not for Republicans the racist Dimwingers would have successfully killed the CRA.

I higher percentage of Republicans in Congress voted for the CRA than Dimwingers.

Last edited:

?
Your ridiculous claim

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM BUT ONE...in 1964...that a Dem President backed

Now STFU Canuck.

No it doesn't you stupid FuckBoi. It resulted in the cleansing of racist policies from the Democratic platform, and the full on adoption by the party of a policy of equal rights for regardless of race. You point to the history, but fail to point out that this resulted in a political re-alignment of racists politics in the USA. This was the most significant development in partisan politics since Roosevelt's New Deal.

Of course the subsequent history completely destroys the whole point of your narrative, which is to prove the inherent racism of the Democratic Party. Once again, FuckBoi, you've put your big fat foot in your mouth. And I'm sure that in your next post, you'll open wider and get the other one in there.

Today, the conservative leaders of the Republican Party are undergoing a similar exodus from the Republican Party, and for largely similar reasons. The party has become so toxic, so racist, and so violent, that it constitutes a danger to the Republic. And you're on the side of the toxic racist party, like all of your FuckBoi friends.

Now STFU Canuck.

No it doesn't you stupid FuckBoi. It resulted in the cleansing of racist policies from the Democratic platform, and the full on adoption by the party of a policy of equal rights for regardless of race. You point to the history, but fail to point out that this resulted in a political re-alignment of racists politics in the USA. This was the most significant development in partisan politics since Roosevelt's New Deal.

Of course the subsequent history completely destroys the whole point of your narrative, which is to prove the inherent racism of the Democratic Party. Once again, FuckBoi, you've put your big fat foot in your mouth. And I'm sure that in your next post, you'll open wider and get the other one in there.

Today, the conservative leaders of the Republican Party are undergoing a similar exodus from the Republican Party, and for largely similar reasons. The party has become so toxic, so racist, and so violent, that it constitutes a danger to the Republic. And you're on the side of the toxic racist party, like all of your FuckBoi friends.
Your ignorance of America is showing again.

Dimwinger kept electing a KKK leader to the Senate until 2010, Assflap.

BIGOTS & RACE HATERS come from both major & minor political party's. Depends only on how threatened you feel. People turned against other American born people when the dust bowl hit & people from hard hit states moved looking to survive swarmed other states, Real history shows people react in negative ways when feeling threatened. Politicians use this fear to promote there own interests.

Today, the conservative leaders of the Republican Party are undergoing a similar exodus from the Republican Party, and for largely similar reasons. The party has become so toxic, so racist, and so violent, that it constitutes a danger to the Republic. And you're on the side of the toxic racist party
Boom

All of those states are now firmly Republican...

The attitudes of those political leaders did not change. Only the Party affiliation
Yep. Those states rejected the long racist history of the Dimwinger party.

Provide this long list of racist Dimwingers who switched parties. (this is always fun)

Bullshit. Republicans of that era never changed parties, nor did the Democrats.

Besides, blacks started voting in majority for Democrats back in the 1930’s, when the Dems were the Party of the KKK and brought back its resurgence. Blacks didn’t start voting for Dems in the 1960’s over civil rights, they started voting for them in the 1930’s when the Democrats promised them welfare.
Yeah, it's just our imagination the racist South, mostly along the Bible belt, flipped from blue to red.
icon_rolleyes.gif

696px-ElectoralCollege1960.svg.png

696px-ElectoralCollege2020_with_results.svg.png

It resulted in the cleansing of racist policies from the Democratic platform, and the full on adoption by the party of a policy of equal rights for regardless of race. You point to the history, but fail to point out that this resulted in a political re-alignment of racists politics in the USA.

But the southern democrat voters still voted the same democrats back into office after the Civil Rights vote. They were not run out of the democrat party.

Forum List

Back