The Democrat Cancel Culture Warriors Strike Again.

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
It's beyond time for Democrats to just admit to their authoritarian proclivities. Rank and file Democrats no longer value freedom and truth. Disinformation and furthering the narrative has supplanted their individuality and their ability to reason. Very sad.

Oh, thank god for a second I thought the Dixie Chicks were in trouble again.

I never agreed with the treatment of the Dixie Chicks, but that is a rare, isolated case, it's not a rampant and broadly accepted GroupThink by an entire segment of your population.

Everyone knows what is going on, we all see it, it seems not everyone understands the long term consequences. Look at Canada, an economy in taters and a nation that loses it's best talent.

I never agreed with the treatment of the Dixie Chicks, but that is a rare, isolated case, it's not a rampant and broadly accepted GroupThink by an entire segment of your population.

Everyone knows what is going on, we all see it, it seems not everyone understands the long term consequences. Look at Canada, an economy in taters and a nation that loses it's best talent.

What are you babbling on about?

I don't see the the situation with the Dixie Chicks as being quite the same as what we're seeing now. Fans were outraged and boycotted their music but no one demanded that their record label drop them. Radio stations didn't ban their songs. Producers didn't blacklist them. What we're seeing with Weinstein is different. Weinstein isn't being rude, obnoxious or dishonest. He's simply, as a scientist, discussing relevant science topics that raise questions uncomfortable to the Democrat narrative.

I don't see the the situation with the Dixie Chicks as being quite the same as what we're seeing now. Fans were outraged and boycotted their music but no one demanded that their record label drop them. Radio stations didn't ban their songs. Producers didn't blacklist them. What we're seeing with Weinstein is different. Weinstein isn't being rude, obnoxious or dishonest. He's simply, as a scientist, discussing relevant science topics that raise questions uncomfortable to the Democrat narrative.
The Dixie Chicks were barred from the radio waves by large radio stations because they insulted the president

There is also
Colin Kaepernick
Liz Cheney
Coke
Disney
Mr. Potatohead
CNN
NASCAR
NFL
NBA
Any celebrity who doesn't like Trump

The problem with boycotts and cancel culture from the right is that there usually just isn't that many of you to make a difference. Where as Matt Lauer, fuck that guy, it makes sense he was fired.

The Dixie Chicks were barred from the radio waves by large radio stations because they insulted the president

There is also
Colin Kaepernick
Liz Cheney
Coke
Disney
Mr. Potatohead
CNN
NASCAR
NFL
NBA

The problem with boycotts and cancel culture from the right is that there usually just isn't that many of you to make a difference. Where as Matt Lauer, fuck that guy, it makes sense he was fired.
There is a huge difference between having pissed off consumers boycotting individuals for their perceived transgressions and having big tech companies collude with political parties to silence voices they don't want heard. Read the article.

What are you babbling on about?

Just the future of your country and the principles that men died to defend.

Accept and celebrate fascism. You won't have a leg to stand on when calling out other fascist regimes.

There is also
Colin Kaepernick
Liz Cheney
Coke
Disney
Mr. Potatohead
CNN
NASCAR
NFL
NBA

There is a huge difference between having pissed off consumers boycotting individuals for their perceived transgressions and having big tech companies collude with political parties to silence voices they don't want heard. Read the article.

Twitter has a right to remove anyone who breaks their TOS. Just like the country radio stations deplatformed the Dixie Chicks. Or the NFL collectively kicked Kaepernick out of the NFL.

There is also
Colin Kaepernick
Liz Cheney
Coke
Disney
Mr. Potatohead
CNN
NASCAR
NFL
NBA

Twitter has a right to remove anyone who breaks their TOS. Just like the country radio stations deplatformed the Dixie Chicks. Or the NFL collectively kicked Kaepernick out of the NFL.
If you read the article you'd know that Twitter

There is also
Colin Kaepernick
Liz Cheney
Coke
Disney
Mr. Potatohead
CNN
NASCAR
NFL
NBA

If you'd read the article you'd know that Twitter is not involved. This credentialed man is not being censored because his opinion is factually wrong, he's being censored because his opinion doesn't match the preferred state sponsored narrative. That ought to scare the hell out of anyone that believes in freedom of speech. Yes, YouTube has the legal right to shut down his channel, that doesn't make it right.

It's beyond time for Democrats to just admit to their authoritarian proclivities. Rank and file Democrats no longer value freedom and truth. Disinformation and furthering the narrative has supplanted their individuality and their ability to reason. Very sad.
Weinstein was a Bernie Sanders supporter who described his politics as unabashedly liberal, even leftist. Like many, he’d grown up steeped in the imagery of sixties protest culture, probably imagined himself on its side, and therefore thought he could find solidarity with protesters. He didn’t realize was that he was the canary in a coal mine for a new movement that understood free speech as a stalking horse for the exercise of institutional power. When Weinstein opened his mouth to defend himself, what the crowd heard was him attempting to exercise authority, and they exercised theirs back.

Why would the left "cancel" a leftie? Or, is anything of the sort viewed as a left-wing cancel culture instead of right-wing cancel culture?

Weinstein was a Bernie Sanders supporter who described his politics as unabashedly liberal, even leftist. Like many, he’d grown up steeped in the imagery of sixties protest culture, probably imagined himself on its side, and therefore thought he could find solidarity with protesters. He didn’t realize was that he was the canary in a coal mine for a new movement that understood free speech as a stalking horse for the exercise of institutional power. When Weinstein opened his mouth to defend himself, what the crowd heard was him attempting to exercise authority, and they exercised theirs back.

Why would the left "cancel" a leftie? Or, is anything of the sort viewed as a left-wing cancel culture instead of right-wing cancel culture?
The left will cancel a leftie any time they have the audacity to question the narrative. It seems to de true that the left values diversity UNLESS it's diversity of thought.

The left will cancel a leftie any time they have the audacity to question the narrative. It seems to de true that the left values diversity UNLESS it's diversity of thought.
So what. The right-wing is worse. Right-Wingers on this very site have banned me from their threads while practicing the abomination of hypocrisy (unto God and us) regarding free speech. Right-Wing cancel culture is worse and more detrimental.

So what. The right-wing is worse. Right-Wingers on this very site have banned me from their threads while practicing the abomination of hypocrisy (unto God and us) regarding free speech. Right-Wing cancel culture is worse and more detrimental.
So your answer to censorship is whataboutism. What do you think could be worse for a free society than demanding conformity in thought?

What is gained by shutting down Brett Weinstein, someone I often disagree with but appreciate
his bulldog tenacity sticking to his vision of the truth?

Why is it that now silencing someone you dislike is the first option that occurs to so many?
It seems like witch hunting is back in fashion after a few decades of hippie peace and love
do your own thing-ism.

So your answer to censorship is whataboutism. What do you think could be worse for a free society than demanding conformity in thought?
Nothing could be worse. Diversity is important and not just making sure that people are
sprinkled about like different colored M&Ms.
Like when some geniuses in Hollywood put blacks and Asians in their version of Nordic nirvana
(Valhalla) in a Thor movie. Because.......diversity.

Diversity of thought is much more important than any single quality a society can have.
It insures a richness of thought and a multiplicity of ideas.
Unfortunately our tech companies and universities and media centers only know my way, or the highway.

And people wonder why the "democrats" have been re-labeled as the "Fascist Left"...

Yeah, isn't it terrible what the Dems have done to Liz Cheney? One day she was a true Conservative and the next? A traitor and...oh wait... the wrong party...never mind.

Yeah, isn't it terrible what the Dems have done to Liz Cheney? One day she was a true Conservative and the next? A traitor and...oh wait... the wrong party...never mind.
Hey pot! Say hi to the kettle next time you're talking about Joe Mancin and how the Shiite democrats
want to run him out of Washington DC on a wooden rail.
Not a whataboutism. A pointed reference to your comment and hypocrisy.

Cheney is a George Bush-type republican when the party is strongly anti globalist and anti war hawk.
Isn't it horrible she'd rather stand with Nancy Pelosi, despite her latest anti Pelosi fund raising
tactic, and impeach Donald Trump on the thinnest and most trumped up of cases (pun fully intended)
for impeachment than stand with her conservative party you seem to think she belongs in.

She got removed from a conference chair for her turncoat actions. Boo hoo!
Actions like that should have consequences and a truly conservative person would
never rubber stamp the authoritarian machinations of Nancy With The Lying Face.

If the Shiite Democrats didn't desperately need
Mancin right now they would expel him from the party faster than you can say Leon Trotsky!

You were clever, but only half clever.

Last edited:
Hey pot! Say hi to the kettle next time you're talking about Joe Mancin and how the Shiite democrats
want to run him out of Washington DC on a wooden rail.
Not a whataboutism. A pointed reference to your comment and hypocrisy.

Cheney is a George Bush-type republican when the party is strongly anti globalist and anti war hawk.
Isn't it horrible she'd rather stand with Nancy Pelosi, despite her latest anti Pelosi fund raising
tactic, and impeach Donald Trump on the thinnest and most trumped up of cases (pun fully intended)
for impeachment than stand with her conservative party you seem to think she belongs in.

She got removed from a conference chair for her turncoat actions. Boo hoo!
Actions like that should have consequences. If the Shiite Democrats didn't desperately need
Mancin right now they would expel him from the party faster than you can say Leon Trotsky!

You were clever, but only half clever.

Joe Manchin is a traitor? Who is saying that?

Forum List

Back