The Decline of the Shoe Shine profession

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Disgraceful how few young people are electing careers in the field. American men have really gone down in their appearance, and this is one of the reasons. No one is willing to get trained in and learn this vital trade.

Will America's penal institutions and inner city high schools begin to see the need for this, and start encouraging young men to join the field?

Disgraceful how few young people are electing careers in the field. American men have really gone down in their appearance, and this is one of the reasons. No one is willing to get trained in and learn this vital trade.
Does a guy really need the gold cuff links and professional manicure on the job?

Will America's penal institutions and inner city high schools begin to see the need for this, and start encouraging young men to join the field?

Larsky can make your shoes shine.

Does a guy really need the gold cuff links and professional manicure on the job?
There are jobs where looking good is important, if not a requirement. There's also the old adage that you don't dress for the job you have, but the job you want.

There are jobs where looking good is important, if not a requirement. There's also the old adage that you don't dress for the job you have, but the job you want.
The tailors and seamstresses need to get off the property when I need a federal warrant for a purchase order for a kit to sew a missing button on a garment.

I agree. Black and Brown people have too many job options today. They think they can do any job a White man can do. And don't even get me started on women taking men's jobs! What has become of this country?

You still can't help mentioning penal institutions at every turn. Tell us more. Share your vast and inyimate knowledge of ife on the inside. But kep it clean if you know what I mean, and I know that you do indeed know.

It is a useful trade to learn. It will get a young person introduced to the business world and learn life skills to help them get along in what ever business career they evolve into.

I'm retired, and don't want a job. Can I just go nekkid?

It is a useful trade to learn. It will get a young person introduced to the business world and learn life skills to help them get along in what ever business career they evolve into.
Just to add, one of my sisters was a Shoe Shine. She made a deal to set up out side a barber shop. She wore an outfit that looked like a
costume from a barber shop quartet. She did a busy trade and learned the Barber trade at night. Opened her own business and made a pretty decent income for her self and is now retired and comfortable. So trades like Shoe Shine may seem low class, it can be stepping stone to better things for people who are born without the advantages that others have.

I'm retired, and don't want a job. Can I just go nekkid?
Just to add, one of my sisters was a Shoe Shine. She made a deal to set up out side a barber shop. She wore an outfit that looked like a
costume from a barber shop quartet. She did a busy trade and learned the Barber trade at night.
Naked ladies and cutting hair at midnight? That is too much the grim reaper.

New Topics

Forum List

Back