The Daily Northwestern Apologizes to Students for Reporting News That Triggered Them

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
When will people learn to just say F^ck You?

“The piece must be read in its entirety to be believed. It sounds like parody—something The Babylon Bee would make up for a fake article mocking progressive deference to the hypersensitive.”

Well, the Bee has gone from a parody site to America’s newspaper of record — because leftist activists are such bullying idiots that they’re basically beyond parody.

The Daily NorthwesternApologizes to Students for Reporting News That Triggered Them.

In journalism, the point is to report events as they happen without biases. Take pictures that are pertinent to the event. If the Editor feels the topic marginalized students Or offended a speaker or group, report on that ON THE OPINION SECTION. Basic Journalism. Shame on Northwestern.

When will people learn to just say F^ck You?

“The piece must be read in its entirety to be believed. It sounds like parody—something The Babylon Bee would make up for a fake article mocking progressive deference to the hypersensitive.”

Well, the Bee has gone from a parody site to America’s newspaper of record — because leftist activists are such bullying idiots that they’re basically beyond parody.

The Daily NorthwesternApologizes to Students for Reporting News That Triggered Them.
They need shock therapy. Publish a story saying ALL students will have to work four hours every week cleaning graffiti.

Journalists apologizing for doing journalism.

How much longer are we going to let this generation of insanity continue to hold the normal people hostage ?

Here's a great take on what The Daily has done with this apology.

"As a working journalist of 45 years (got you by one, Phil), I'll take it a step further: There is no journalism today. Only activism on published platforms. In the early 1970s, I attended one of the most liberal universities in the entire country, but you never would have known it by the way its journalism school trained and educated us. We were taught how to remain objective and fair in our jobs despite our personal biases, which we all have. That principle is completely out the window. I had to come to this website myself to read what was reported, to see if it was true. Joseph Medill, for whom this "journalism" school is named (and who was a staunch Republican who backed conservative causes, by the way), isn't just turning in his grave. He's likely trying to crawl out of it to forever remove his name from this "journalism" school."

Journalism is dead
Only if its no longer focused on in my opinion. Two of my most favorite singers may not be anymore, but as long as I continue to play their tunes and acknowledge the fact that they were here at all at some point, my only question is, how gone are they really?

220px-TellItLikeItIs.jpg

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. My favorite is on the far right in the group shot.

And that's a great journalism school? I guess education is definitely in decline. It's hard to believe educated people worry about such bullshit.

Forum List

Back