The current theory behind continuous face masking even after vaccination

The theory is that, while masks are worthless in preventing YOU from getting cooties, they stop you from spreading it to others. Believe it if you like.

Social and political status symbol. "Hey everbody! Look how woke and caring I am!"

I still wear a mask. It offends people on both sides---those who think I must not be vaccinated and those who think COVID is a giant conspiracy.

Here's how it works.

1. Your body is defenseless. If COVID strikes, you run about a 1 out of 500 chance of drowning to death in your own mucus.

2. Getting the vaccine trains your body in how to defeat COVID. Now when you get infected, your body destroys the virus quick enough that it doesn't become a problem.

3. So you're vaccinated. You get infected. You spread COVID to a non infected person who then drowns to death in their own mucus. Thanks asshole.

4. The mask helps prevent you, vaccinated though you are, from spreading the virus around to others.

Social and political status symbol. "Hey everbody! Look how woke and caring I am!"

There is something to this, as well as on the other side as "Hey everybody! Look how cool and independent I am by not wearing a mask"

Having spent a good portion of my 20 years in the Marines in Japan or Korea I had gotten used to people wearing mask in public places, it is fairly common. When I first was stationed there I asked a local what they were afraid of catching. She told me it was not about them, they wore them when they felt sick but had to be in public to keep from spreading their germs more. To them it was no no different than sneezing into a Kleenex or handkerchief.

Back when COVID started I had thought maybe we would get to that point in the US. But as with everything else it became political so now it is ruined.

New Topics

Forum List

Back