The courts should have taken on the voter fraud issue.

So, what are any of us to think with regard to the legitimacy of this last election? Maybe what appears to be cheating isn't really, and would have been properly shown to be legitimate, under proper examination, or perhaps even show to have been fabricated. Maybe cheating would have been confirmed, but shown not to be enough to change the outcome of the election. Or perhaps cheating would have been confirmed, and shown to have changed the outcome.
I appreciate your application of critical thinking to this issue but I suspect that Trump was probably thinking that even if he didn't come up with enough votes, by swearing in Amy Barrett to the Supreme Court that he was ensuring that SCOTUS would hand him the presidency in much the same way that they handed Bush Jr. the presidency when they forced the state of Florida to stop counting the ballots there, letting the total at that time stand, essentially designating Bush the winner and handing him the presidency.

And don't forget, in the states where he was ahead, he wanted the counting of the votes to stop but wanted them to continue in those in which he was behind.

As deranged as his behavior has been it's almost like someone guaranteed him the presidency and he was in disbelief when it wasn't delivered. Either that or he's just mentally disturbed enough to repeatedly state as fact, something that isn't even close to being true ("we won the election, in fact we won by a landslide").

Lastly but certainly not the least, is the fact that the relief that Trump was seeking from the courts was to overturn the election results and declare him the winner of the election. As one of the judges mentioned in his ruling, that would be an extraordinary remedy far surpassing the harm done even if there were irregularities in the voting.

If there are issues with the method of voting, people moving, etc. all of that needs to be addressed and addressed NOW, not the same or next day after a presidential election as alleged by the party with insufficient votes to win.

The courts should NOT have dismissed the voter fraud cases. They should have allowed them to approach the courts and with transparency show the American people it was either a concern or invalid.

They should have done this knowing if they did not, the nation would remain divided forever.

But perhaps this is what they really wanted all along.

And God forbid any of it might have gone Trumps way. That would have been unacceptable.
Some of the suits were rejected because the court had no jurisdiction. Some were rejected because the litigant had no legal standing Such as a state suing PA over Pennsylvania. And a large number were rejected because they lacked specific allegation and/or any tangible evidence. Are there any standards of jurisprudence you think should be eliminated?

and in fact, the litigants were always given the chance to state their case in the court briefing that always comes at the beginning of a case filing. In 61 out of 62 filings, the litigant failed to meet even the most basic requirements for proceeding to a hearing.

are there any court standards that you think should be eliminated? Because you can’t just do it once and have that apply to one and only case.

AND BTW. All the cases have total transparency. The are all in the public record including the brief filed and the written ruling.

We were sent a message today...that we will take the government they want us to have and they have the media on their side....there will be a day when voting is a thing of the past in America...just happy I'm not just starting out in life...I can play golf and tune it all out...I feel bad for younger Americans....
Your thinking on jurisprudence is totally backwards. When some makes an allegation, it’s up to that litigant to prove it, not the responsibility of the defendant.

ive got an example: Prove you aren’t a child molester. If you cant prove it, you go to jail. Sorry.

We were sent a message today...that we will take the government they want us to have and they have the media on their side....there will be a day when voting is a thing of the past in America...just happy I'm not just starting out in life...I can play golf and tune it all out...I feel bad for younger Americans....
Your thinking on jurisprudence is totally backwards. When some makes an allegation, it’s up to that litigant to prove it, not the responsibility of the defendant.

ive got an example: Prove you aren’t a child molester. If you cant prove it, you go to jail. Sorry.

You won't get your point across...such is the state of US education.

The courts should NOT have dismissed the voter fraud cases. They should have allowed them to approach the courts and with transparency show the American people it was either a concern or invalid.

They should have done this knowing if they did not, the nation would remain divided forever.

And God forbid any of it might have gone Trumps way. That would have been unacceptable.
Agreed.

The courts should have ignored the fact that there was no objective, documented evidence in support of ‘fraud’ and simply taken Trump’s lawyers’ word for it – scout’s honor.

How do you know what the evidence is if you refuse to hear it?
No one refused any evidence of voter fraud in the courts, there just was NO EVIDENCE presented to the courts on voter fraud.

If a judge dismisses a case he still hears the evidence? Since when?
That's how the judge knows when to dismiss cases.... each side presents a summary of what they got....then the judge decides if the case moves forward or dismissed for various reasons.

The judge can not make the decision to dismiss without review of the case and evidence presented.

They just don't simply say "dismissed", the judges give a summary of WHY the cases and evidence was rejected.

Ok, where can average people review these summaries?
PACER is the official U.S. site, they charge for downloading/printing copies of the documents but it's not a lot, I think maybe 10 cents a page.
Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER)

This site is free but there have been cases I've been unable to locate nonetheless I'd start here first, search on the information you have and if you still can't find it, then you can use the paid site:
Leagle Case Search

There is also LexisNexis for they are a bit pricey in my opinion and you might have to work in certain industries in order to get access to their databases, but I could be wrong about that last bit:
Welcome to LexisNexis - Choose Your Path

You can always go to the courthouse where the case was filed and get a copy of the docket & case files, even better if they have them online but that would be a lot of work since Trump et al have been rebuked, what is it, more than 70 times already?

Great information, thanks....So, the bottom line from what I am reading, is that it would take a fair bit of research to find out what particular Judges have said in their opinions for dismissing individual cases...Something I can make a fair bet that no one in here has done...So, when people are thowing out blanket statements like "All the courts have decided that the cases had no merit", that is something that would need more time in research than I am sure anyone has done.

Agreed.

The courts should have ignored the fact that there was no objective, documented evidence in support of ‘fraud’ and simply taken Trump’s lawyers’ word for it – scout’s honor.

No one refused any evidence of voter fraud in the courts, there just was NO EVIDENCE presented to the courts on voter fraud.

That's how the judge knows when to dismiss cases.... each side presents a summary of what they got....then the judge decides if the case moves forward or dismissed for various reasons.

The judge can not make the decision to dismiss without review of the case and evidence presented.

They just don't simply say "dismissed", the judges give a summary of WHY the cases and evidence was rejected.

PACER is the official U.S. site, they charge for downloading/printing copies of the documents but it's not a lot, I think maybe 10 cents a page.

This site is free but there have been cases I've been unable to locate nonetheless I'd start here first, search on the information you have and if you still can't find it, then you can use the paid site:
Leagle Case Search

There is also LexisNexis for they are a bit pricey in my opinion and you might have to work in certain industries in order to get access to their databases, but I could be wrong about that last bit:

You can always go to the courthouse where the case was filed and get a copy of the docket & case files, even better if they have them online but that would be a lot of work since Trump et al have been rebuked, what is it, more than 70 times already?

Great information, thanks....So, the bottom line from what I am reading, is that it would take a fair bit of research to find out what particular Judges have said in their opinions for dismissing individual cases...Something I can make a fair bet that no one in here has done...So, when people are thowing out blanket statements like "All the courts have decided that the cases had no merit", that is something that would need more time in research than I am sure anyone has done.
Yes, after the fact it is harder to research it. But what I do, that makes it easy peasey, is when a thread here is started on Trump team lost or won in court....the news link to the story from all the reputable news sources, gives you a link in their article to the court case....and I read it right then.... that way I do not have to search for it some time later...

The courts knew that the evidence proving fraud was solid. That's why they formed a firm block.

Agreed.

Leagle Case Search

Yes, after the fact it is harder to research it. But what I do, that makes it easy peasey, is when a thread here is started on Trump team lost or won in court....the news link to the story from all the reputable news sources, gives you a link in their article to the court case....and I read it right then.... that way I do not have to search for it some time later...

Fair enough, but when you say "reputable news sources" in this day and age can mean only that you are limiting yourself to outlets that have a track record in the past 4 years of misleading you....Or worse yet lying by ommision, or making things up out of whole cloth....

The only way to get the true opinion from the Judge in question is to read it, if you can get to it....

But, as I suspect you are not alone...Most people are reading articles that have a vested stake in writing stories in favor of their personal feeling of outcome....

Agreed.

Leagle Case Search

Fair enough, but when you say "reputable news sources" in this day and age can mean only that you are limiting yourself to outlets that have a track record in the past 4 years of misleading you....Or worse yet lying by ommision, or making things up out of whole cloth....

The only way to get the true opinion from the Judge in question is to read it, if you can get to it....

But, as I suspect you are not alone...Most people are reading articles that have a vested stake in writing stories in favor of their personal feeling of outcome....
As I said, any reputable news organization, like the main stream media, will give you a link to the actual court case and judge's filing summary, there for you to read it all.

I doubt the fake news like OAN, or Newsmax, or Breitbart, or The Gateway Pundit or any TRUMP news internet site, will give you the link to the court case.

The mainstream media in print, do not lie as you claim...They would lose their licence....whereas YOUR FAKE news media listed above, have no restraints on lying or creating total fabrications out of whole cloth.

If the mainstream press lies in a news article, they have to formally retract the story and let their customers know, they were incorrect.

I look at it now is that the Lord has a reason for this. Why the hell he had to go this route though.

Agreed.

Leagle Case Search

As I said, any reputable news organization, like the main stream media, will give you a link to the actual court case and judge's filing summary, there for you to read it all.

I doubt the fake news like OAN, or Newsmax, or Breitbart, or The Gateway Pundit or any TRUMP news internet site, will give you the link to the court case.

The mainstream media in print, do not lie as you claim...They would lose their licence....whereas YOUR FAKE news media listed above, have no restraints on lying or creating total fabrications out of whole cloth.

If the mainstream press lies in a news article, they have to formally retract the story and let their customers know, they were incorrect.
You're so fulla shit it is coming out my ears.

The courts looked at the evidence that Trump's attorneys provided. They found the evidence lacking. They have already declared it invalid. They are not responsible for the fact that Trump voters are unable to accept reality.

All they had to do was prove the election was void of fraud...and they refused....blocked attempts at every turn...anti Trump secretaries of state and blue state governors and justices appointed by Clinton Bush and Obama (establishment hacks) blocked them all....its a damn shame...the people of the United States of America can no longer have faith in their election system....

Judges appointed by Trump also found no merit to Trump's legal arguments. They are not hacks because they refused to do what you wanted them to do. SOS are not anti-Trump because they refused to cheat for him. Red state governors also refused to cheat for Trump.

All they had to do was prove the election was void of fraud...and they refused....blocked attempts at every turn...anti Trump secretaries of state and blue state governors and justices appointed by Clinton Bush and Obama (establishment hacks) blocked them all....its a damn shame...the people of the United States of America can no longer have faith in their election system....

Judges appointed by Trump also found no merit to Trump's legal arguments. They are not hacks because they refused to do what you wanted them to do. SOS are not anti-Trump because they refused to cheat for him. Red state governors also refused to cheat for Trump.

They didn't feel that the fraud rose to the level of warranting a further investigation. I disagree, but unlike Democrats, they are free-thinkers. Democrats impeached Trump is ZERO evidence or investigation. You can be assured that if the shoe was on the other foot, all your Democratic lemming judges would have pushed this all the way to the SC by now. Democrats, for all their faults, stick together, will do as they are told and will tow the party line at all costs. Lemmings and good ones at that.

When John Roberts was the deciding factor in denying the immediate hearing over the PA Supreme Court overriding statutory law you knew lower courts would go wobbly.

Even before that the lower courts refused to go along. They commented that there was no evidence to support what Trump's lawyers were axsking for.

For a cornucopia of reasons, no court (or judge) wanted anything to do with a hearing where documents were produced, witnesses testified under penalty of perjury, and a conclusion would have to be drawn on the legitimacy of an election. No matter the outcome, the judge would be - put it crudely - fucked.

I would like to see some hearings, in any forum, with those same characteristics. Real evidence presented and refuted, real witnesses testifying and being cross examined, and so on. That is why I placed all my eggs in the basked of a sane result in the Georgia runoffs. Now I fear that no such hearings will be held anywhere, especially in the affected states, even though some of them have "Republican" legislatures. The ramifications of an uncomfortable result would be too incendiary to risk.

In my opinion, this is the main reason why the Trump Nation is pissed. It's not so much that the election might have been stolen. It is that the requests and demands for meaningful investigations have been met not with consideration, but with abject DENIALS that nothing untoward took place, coupled with the the accusation that if you even question the shenanigans you are an evil person. And this is bullshit.

Shenanigans did take place. Laws were broken. Reasonable election security measures were jettisoned by Democrat operatives in venues that were known years in advance, all on the basis of the Cajuna Virus. We may never know whether the malfeasances tilted the outcome of the election, but the foul taste will linger forever.

Unfortunately, the Democrat strategy for 2022 and beyond is to make a majority of the voting public either dependent on government or oblivious to reality can neuter the votes of the Americans who actually work for a living in the private sector - the core of the Trump Nation, making our anger meaningless.

The entire judicial system was against Trump and his policies from the start...so I'm not surprised...the maddening thing is they never looked at the evidence...we have not had a single evidentiary trial...not one judge in the entire United States has viewed any evidence....

And that is just not fair to the voters of America....and its also why the Trump voters will not be silenced....all they had to do was to recount and check every signature and corresponding envelopes in 6 blue counties....they refused and so there was trouble....the courts have themselves to blame for the riot at the capitol....

Trump's hand picked AG said there was no sizable voter fraud.
All Barr had to do was issue a report of what was investigated and what the findings were.
That said, the GOP got outplayed in GA. The Consent Decree was a coup for Stacy Abrams, as well as he sister's ruling on pruning ineligible voters from the rolls.
The GOP legislatures need to tighten-up voting laws or the dems will swamp every election with bogus mail-in votes.

To open a investigation you have to have proof of a crime. The US Attorneys saw no evidence of fraud that changed the outcome. Barr didn't need to file a report.

What happened in Georgis is the steady erosion of GOP voters in suburban counties especially among women. Georgia law requires that a voter be notified if their mail-in ballot is rejected withing 3 days. In the consent decree, the SOS agreed to notify voters within 24 hours if it is rejected 10 days before the election. There is nothing wrong with that. Also there was no proof these were ineligible voters. Apparently the Republicans are in such dire straits in Georgia that they have to get rid of voters to ensure Republicans win. There was no proof these were ineligible voters and federal law forbids the removal of voters from the rolls 90 days before the election.

When you say tighten up, you ,mean make it harder for people to vote. Voting rights in Georgia will be under assault by Republicans in the next 2-4 years.

Trump's hand picked AG said there was no sizable voter fraud.
All Barr had to do was issue a report of what was investigated and what the findings were.
That said, the GOP got outplayed in GA. The Consent Decree was a coup for Stacy Abrams, as well as he sister's ruling on pruning ineligible voters from the rolls.
The GOP legislatures need to tighten-up voting laws or the dems will swamp every election with bogus mail-in votes.

Georgia registered over 300,000 new voters last year.. The usual purges of people who died or moved away or didn't vote for several election cycles are routine .. Trump is probably too stupid to know that. How about you?

I have been voting by mail for over a decade.. What's your problem? Do you want to take the vote away from US citizens?

1. When the Post Office says you moved, you moved. Except in GA, just ask Abram's sister.
2. Agree Stacy Abrams outworked the stupid Republicans. Doug Collins should not have run against Loeffler in November.
3. My problem is that absentee ballots needs to be requested instead of mass mailed. Signatures need to be verified. Over-votes need to be corrected, and if any incorrect ballots are cured/corrected it should be allowed statewide, not just in cities.
4. Voter ID should be required.
5. We'll see if Warnock wins again in 2022.

1. You still have to prove they are ineligible. Just because you say it is so does not make it so. It is not as simple as you claim it is.
2. Collins and Loeffler got 45.86% of the vote. If Collins had not run and every vote he got went to Loeffler she still would have been forced into a runoff.
3. Washington has sent out ballots to active voters for years. There is no evidence of any massive fraud. Signatures are verified but should be done within reason. Even hand writing experts can disagree. As long as it is not a huge mismatch it should be accepted. Over-votes do no need to be corrected unless it changes the results. Why should other areas dictate to other areas what they can do? In this case, Republicans might have had a political reason for doing so. They knew a mail-in ballot would mostly likely be a Biden vote.
4. Within reason.
5. In other words Republicans need to pass new laws to make it hard to vote.

New Topics

Forum List

Back