The Corvette E-Ray is shaping up to be a true hypercar killer

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
There's a lot of mixed opinions on these in the vette community. Some are interested, (mainly the track folks) others prefer to stick to gasoline. Traditionalists are going to turn their noses up at it no matter what kind of track numbers it's putting up.

On a straight track, though, I doubt there's much of anything out there that will be able to beat it.

Anyway....

C8 CORVETTE E-RAY: EXCLUSIVE DETAILS

Last edited:
There's a lot of mixed opinions on these in the vette community. Some are interested, (mainly the track folks) others prefer to stick to gasoline. Traditionalists are going to turn their noses up at it no matter what kind of track numbers it's putting up. On a straight track, though, I doubt there's much of anything out there that will be able to beat it.

Anyway....C8 CORVETTE E-RAY: EXCLUSIVE DETAILS

Here's a link that doesn't block you from reading if you have an ad blocker---

At any rate, the E-Ray is ugly. Track numbers are fine but it isn't just about having the fastest numbers, it is also about the spirit of how you get there, and putting e-cars in with gasoline is crossing the sport much as tranny guys competing in women's sports does.

Electric cars should compete in their own class with other electric cars and leave the style and glamour of racing to the gas guzzlers, when sports cars were an extension of the passions of the driver instead of just an extension of cold technology.

R4Y7372.jpg

Nah...I don't trust GM to pull this off from a dependability standpoint. Just give me the V8. Keep the golf cart BS.
Oh, and the C8 is ugly. It looks like a homely cross between an NSX and some Italian....something.

Agreed about the C8. It's ugly as sin. It's basically a knockoff of the 2020 Ferrari.

481b48a2dc4396f5694f6ff0d0ee2a4cc8cbedab1191dcbad90d2ca8d0165bb0_1.jpg

I'm thinking my next one's gonna be a 2013. That's the last year they made em with round tail lights.

Already have a blue vette, though. Not sure I want more than one blue one. But I do love that color.
chevrolet_100228039_h.jpg

Anything built after 2013, from C7 forward doesn't even look like a Corvette any more.

A Corvette E-Ray prototype has been spotted driving around near Nürburgring in Germany while the new Z06 prototypes were running laps there.

1-2.png

2-1.png

3-1.png

The 2024 Corvette E-Ray takes a spin around the Nurburgring...

Forum List

Back