The "Conservative" approach to sea level rise

Do you regularly weep over these drowned cities?

Drowned Cities

Excerpts:

Drowned cities​

In the Mediterranean, earth movements resulting from earthquakes and volcanoes account for most of the submerged cities, but not all.

Because of the general rising of the water level of the Mediterranean, large sections of cities well known to history are now under water. Among these are Baise (a sort of ancient Las Vegas), numerous points along Italy’s western coast, cities along the Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia, parts of Syracuse in Sicily, Lepis Magna in Libya, as well as the ancient harbours of Tyre and Caesarea.

Helike is believed to lie on the sea bottom near Corinth. In ancient times this sunken city was a tourist attraction for Roman visitors to Greece. They used to pass over it in boats, admiring the ruins visible through the clear water. The statue of Zeus, still standing, was clearly visible on the bottom.

Latin America

Among discoveries off South and Central America are these:

* Off Guayaquil, Ecuador, a drowned city from which statues, lenses and other artefacts have been brought up;

* Off Venezuela, a 30 foot wall running straight for at least 100 miles;

* Off Haiti, an entire submerged city;

* Off Cuba’s north coast, submerged streets and buildings white like marble;

* From Belize, ancient roads on land continue to destinations now under the sea;

* Off Hispaniola, Mexico, sunken buildings (one of them 240 by 80 feet);

* At 165 feet underwater, Costeau’s “Calypso” expedition discovered a huge grotto with stalactites and stalagmites, which can form only on land.

Cosmul is a jungle island. Once part of Mexico’s Yucatan mainland, it is now 12 miles from the shoreline. Yet there is a great highway with its lifted line of trees streaking across the jungle to Cosmul. The roadway, with its huge 9 foot sandstone flagging and hard cement cover, dips down under the waves at the coastline and again reappears on the dry land of Cosmul.

=====

You going to blame SUV's for all these drowned cities and more?

Yeah but what the drowned cities article probably ignores is that all those civilizations had invented the automobile and discovered oil and created refineries and gas stations. Just because the rest of the world of that time didn't know it, and that all of the evidence was rotted in the sea, doesn't mean that mankind and hydrocarbons didn't cause those cities to drown.

Oh boy, another damned fool. You, sir, are an idiot. Were I Greta's age, I too would be angry about what assholes like you are doing to the world she will have to live with. You are willfully ignorant and purposely blind to what is happening right now.
And you are still FULLY contributing to what you believe is happening right now.

Thirty-nine inches. Three feet, three inches. One meter. Over the course of a century. Ten decades. 100 years.

None of us will be here. I definitely won’t be. I have no children. Why the hell would I give a fuck?

Thirty-nine inches. Three feet, three inches. One meter. Over the course of a century. Ten decades. 100 years.

None of us will be here. I definitely won’t be. I have no children. Why the hell would I give a fuck?
Well, for sure, no one should give a fuck about you. Hell, you may just as well not have existed, for all you have done with your life.

Well, for sure, no one should give a fuck about you. Hell, you may just as well not have existed, for all you have done with your life.
You’re right, nobody should care about me. That’s not the point of their existence any more than caring about them is the point of my existence.

It’s not my job to “do anything” other than live a proper and moral life. That doesn’t require me to do anything for anyone else, help anyone else, etc…

Did you see where they are predicting a 1 foot rise in seas level by 2050? Can you believe that shit. I absolutely love it when they take flyers like that. Swing for the fences I say. Let's see that's 304.8 mm in 28 years. That's equal to an annual rise of 10.89 mm/yr. How much of that should we expect to see in 2022 to be on schedule?

Do you see why I like it when you guys take flyers? I can laugh at you this year when this ridiculous tripling of the current rate doesn't happen. It's like you people don't even think. Of course I suppose you have to take flyers if you are going to sell your imminent disaster narrative to the masses, eh?

And these same people who have been WRONG on everything are the ones making predictions 50 and 100 years out, and demanding we pay billions of taxpayer dollars to 'remedy'. Biggest scam ever.

They ignore numerous prediction failures because they can't address them.

This is what a cult looks like a group of people running on a preset of beliefs that can't be wrong which is why they are chronically wrong.

People like Rockhead are a dying group these days since there are fewer and fewer of them defending the OBVIOUS lies their masters pump them to the eyeballs with but their masters have been getting more desperate these days with obvious dead-on arrival "science" papers that are quickly exposed as being garbage.

They are so fucked up that they ignore the CURRENT Cooling trend of 6 years, they deny it openly which is another sign of being in a cult they are the true science denialist.

It is always fun to watch two stupid people stroke each other's back being oblivious to what they did in the process.

:21:
You mean like You and skooker (thrown in jc456 for the three Mouseketeers).
Oh yeah,. in the 9 years since he started "skeptics are winning," they/you are LOSING.
What @ssholes you are.
`
`

Forum List

Back