The CMA, Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Hall and other Hillbilly delights.

Country music isn't what it used to be. I can't listen to this new crap. It's generic, cookie cutter garbage that's more Pop than country. George Strait calls it "HICK hop."
True. But evolution and money pave the way. Lol Plus younger Country fans didn't want to listen to their parents, Country. As the same with the Rock and Rollers Lol

The gems are out there.

That song is ten years old already.

Yep... everything changes, nothing stays the same. But when the only way you can distinguish between a pop and country band is the country band has a couple guys wearing a cowboy hat, more as a prop than anything else, then music has become pretty generic. Pop is even worse...

I had Spotify for years so I could find decent music to listen, and it takes awhile to "train it" to what type music it is you like. I recently dropped Spotify for Amazon Unlimited Music because Amazon has HD and Ultra HD streaming. Spot for some reason just seems to refuse to upgrade their streaming. Amazon is very good, but I'm back to "training it" so it's weekly song suggestions are of the type music I like to listen to.

10 years? Try 23 years ago!

I was referring to Deanna's rendition. Yes the song itself is older.

Wrong again. The song by her was released in 1996.

Country music isn't what it used to be. I can't listen to this new crap. It's generic, cookie cutter garbage that's more Pop than country. George Strait calls it "HICK hop."
True. But evolution and money pave the way. Lol Plus younger Country fans didn't want to listen to their parents, Country. As the same with the Rock and Rollers Lol

The gems are out there.

Yep... everything changes, nothing stays the same. But when the only way you can distinguish between a pop and country band is the country band has a couple guys wearing a cowboy hat, more as a prop than anything else, then music has become pretty generic. Pop is even worse...

I had Spotify for years so I could find decent music to listen, and it takes awhile to "train it" to what type music it is you like. I recently dropped Spotify for Amazon Unlimited Music because Amazon has HD and Ultra HD streaming. Spot for some reason just seems to refuse to upgrade their streaming. Amazon is very good, but I'm back to "training it" so it's weekly song suggestions are of the type music I like to listen to.

Whatever... I really don't give a flip.

Youtube says it was uploaded in 2009.

The gems are out there.

Well 23 yrs ago they were really saying Country is Pop...Lol

Tay-Tay started out as a little country darling, but it didn't take her long to go full pop.

The gems are out there.

I'm sorry that you don't know that that date means nothing. I asked Google when it was released. The answer is 1996.

That just proves your assessment of country music is a little bit off!

I'm sorry that you don't know that that date means nothing. I asked Google when it was released. The answer is 1996.

Yes, the date means the date it was uploaded to youtube, and I'm also sorry you feel the need to turn a mountain into a mole hill. You obviously have a cackle burr up your rear and feel like arguing.

My assessment of country music is as valid as anyone else's. I listen to music daily, usually for hours on end, and have been for decades. I'd say my opinion is based on an extensive listening background.

What's your's based on... just wanting to argue?

Yes, the date means the date it was uploaded to youtube, and I'm also sorry you feel the need to turn a mountain into a mole hill. You obviously have a cackle burr up your rear and feel like arguing.

My assessment of country music is as valid as anyone else's. I listen to music daily, usually for hours on end, and have been for decades. I'd say my opinion is based on an extensive listening background.

You were wrong. I corrected you. No one forced you to respond and continue your ignorant diatribe.

You were wrong. I corrected you. No one forced you to respond and continue your ignorant diatribe.
Oh I get it... you're still butt hurt over the last time I slapped you down for being a dumbass.

Whatever... fuck off, dipshit.

Oh I get it... you're still butt hurt over the last time I slapped you down for being a dumbass.

Whatever... fuck off, dipshit.

Your imagination is still s active as ever I see. You are butthurt because you were wrong, tried to defend your error, and got blasted. You are the dipshit!

When I was still buying music by the CD, I had more CD albums of Dwight than anyone else.

My favorite D.Y. song... (I'll stick with the thread theme and post the old video instead of the remastered versions with no video...)

And KD Lang liked to sing with artists. I like this get together she did with Roy Orbison... Elvis Presley was quoted as saying Roy Orbison was the best singer he ever heard in his life...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back