The CMA, Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Hall and other Hillbilly delights.

I was lucky to grow up enjoying everything from polkas to hard rock.

Dolly thanked Whitney Houston up and down for making this a Super Nova hit. Lol

I had a great uncle who loved country
His favorite was make the world go away

I love country
Outlaw country and wille Nelson staion on satellite friggin rocks ....bakersfield beat is pretty good to

Thiers a couple great FM station here to

Today NYC radio is abysmal ...the only good stations are wbgo which is jersey ...Fordham university.....setton hall .jersey also..in the 80s and 90s they were broadcasting metal .
Satellite sucks in the tHe car .....the buildings your signal consistently goes in and out ..even in the outer boroughs

We had lir to in the 80s and 90s... garden city ....you'd have to hang your antenna out the window to pick it up

And out of control stern ...who is nothing but a boring sell out today ...

F jackie

Country music isn't what it used to be. I can't listen to this new crap. It's generic, cookie cutter garbage that's more Pop than country. George Strait calls it "HICK hop."

Only the Stones could do this just so right that any Hillbilly would be jealous

I met a gin soaked bar room queen in Memphis.....................such a kick A line..Lol......................Enjoy a good live version (like I wouldn't give you the best)

Country music isn't what it used to be. I can't listen to this new crap. It's generic, cookie cutter garbage that's more Pop than country. George Strait calls it "HICK hop."
True. But evolution and money pave the way. Lol Plus younger Country fans didn't want to listen to their parents, Country. As the same with the Rock and Rollers Lol

The gems are out there.

True. But evolution and money pave the way. Lol Plus younger Country fans didn't want to listen to their parents, Country. As the same with the Rock and Rollers Lol

]

Young girls are the main spenders on music and concerts in both pop and country, so yes, that's the market you cater to if you're a pro. That's why we get so many Luke Bryan and Dwight Yoakum Wannabees, with some Garth Brooks copycats running around. Most of the Whining Drunk market already have settled on all their favorites and don't spend much any more in their old age.

The gems are out there.

That song is ten years old already.

Yep... everything changes, nothing stays the same. But when the only way you can distinguish between a pop and country band is the country band has a couple guys wearing a cowboy hat, more as a prop than anything else, then music has become pretty generic. Pop is even worse...

I had Spotify Premium for years so I could find decent music to listen, and it takes awhile to "train it" to what type music it is you like. I recently dropped Spotify for Amazon Unlimited Music because Amazon has HD and Ultra HD streaming. Spot for some reason just seems to refuse to upgrade their streaming. Amazon is very good, but I'm back to "training it" so it's weekly song suggestions are of the type music I like to listen to.

Last edited:

The gems are out there.

Yep... everything changes, nothing stays the same. But when the only way you can distinguish between a pop and country band is the country band has a couple guys wearing a cowboy hat, more as a prop than anything else, then music has become pretty generic. Pop is even worse...

I had Spotify for years so I could find decent music to listen, and it takes awhile to "train it" to what type music it is you like. I recently dropped Spotify for Amazon Unlimited Music because Amazon has HD and Ultra HD streaming. Spot for some reason just seems to refuse to upgrade their streaming. Amazon is very good, but I'm back to "training it" so it's weekly song suggestions are of the type music I like to listen to.

I didn't know Amazon had started carrying Hd and Ultra HD. Thanks for the info. I'm moving over entirely to the higher quality file types, sine they're going to do away with CD's, apparently, which were better than the mp3 junk. My problem now is finding the equipment wihtout having to order it online and then send it back until I can find what I want, since stores don't seem to carry the mid to high end gear any more, except that Guitar Center carries some fair headphones but little else.

The gems are out there.

I had Spotify for years so I could find decent music to listen, and it takes awhile to "train it" to what type music it is you like. I recently dropped Spotify for Amazon Unlimited Music because Amazon has HD and Ultra HD streaming. Spot for some reason just seems to refuse to upgrade their streaming. Amazon is very good, but I'm back to "training it" so it's weekly song suggestions are of the type music I like to listen to.

I didn't know Amazon had started carrying Hd and Ultra HD. Thanks for the info. I'm moving over entirely to the higher quality file types, sine they're going to do away with CD's, apparently, which were better than the mp3 junk. My problem now is finding the equipment wihtout having to order it online and then send it back until I can find what I want, since stores don't seem to carry the mid to high end gear any more, except that Guitar Center carries some fair headphones but little else.

Yeah mp3 is pure compressed junk. You listen to that if you have no concern about the music quality. Myself, I'm pretty picky. I've been an audiophile the better part of my life. I have several stereos, two in my house and one in my shop. The best streaming setup I have is streaming straight through my monster Dell desktop using an Audioquest USB A to B 3.1, into my Yamaha Natural Sound A-S801 Integrated Amplifier which has built DAC's, and that drives my Bowers & Wilkins DM-604 S3's. A very nice system, and the Amazon Ultra HD, and even the HD streaming, sounds excellent.

... since stores don't seem to carry the mid to high end gear any more, except that Guitar Center carries some fair headphones but little else.
Two suggestions for that...

1. Best Buy Magnolia Theater, they carry some great high end stuff.
2. Crutchfield, not as good as Magnolia Theater but still a good place to find a step up from entry level stuff.

The gems are out there.

10 years? Try 23 years ago!

The gems are out there.

Well 23 yrs ago they were really saying Country is Pop...Lol

The gems are out there.

I was referring to Deanna's rendition. Yes the song itself is older.

Forum List

Back