The Clashing Cultures of U.S. & Mexico

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
America vs. Mexico: Clashing Civilizations
By Frosty Wooldridge, The American Daily
2/27/07

Anyone understand why Mexicans fail at a successful civilization? Ever wonder why millions of them invade the United States in search of a better life? Have you noticed that once they arrive, they create the same kind of 'society' in the United States? Unconsciously, they recreate the same condition that they left behind. Have you ever heard of the expression, "You can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy"?

for full article:
http://www.americandaily.com/article/17819

More like we fail at teaching them our lifestyle in this country. I know a lot of people don't agree with my way of thinking but I am well traveled and I found that living in harmony with your guest is easier than being a lone wolf doing it your own way.

The only qualification you need to be an illegal alien entering the United States - a qualification common to all 20 million of the ones here today - is a willingness to break U.S. law. The aliens who don't want to do that, are still in their native countries.

And we're surprised that a lot of the illegals break more laws once they're here?

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Mexicans 'fail' at civilization? That website was lunacy.

So evidently you disagree with this sentence from the article: "Mexico’s civilization stands diametrically opposed to America’s culture. Both countries manifest different ways of thinking and operating."

Want to enlighten us all on how that is not a true statement? Or for that matter, anything in the article that is contrary to known facts?

So evidently you disagree with this sentence from the article: "Mexico’s civilization stands diametrically opposed to America’s culture. Both countries manifest different ways of thinking and operating."

Want to enlighten us all on how that is not a true statement? Or for that matter, anything in the article that is contrary to known facts?

Yes I disagree. Mexicans are trying desperately to get work to support themselves, even illegally entering the US for shitty low-wage jobs risking deprtation and jail time. Hmm, what would you do to support your family? Struggle to find work any way you could? Basically I am saying Mexicans have families and kids, and care about each other and are willing to work hard... is that opposed to US thinking? Mexico has many religious people, is that opposed to US thinking?

They are not the same country, but like people in Canada, ISrael, Russia, Egypt, people are trying to raise a family, work, have a good life. That seems similar to me in terms of 'thinking and operating'.

Also, the article was not exactlt a list of facts... morelike a rant and a slightly racist one at that. Show me some 'facts' from the article and I'll happily disagree or agree as the truth allows.

Because... Mexico is a great civilization?

Either a great civilization or total failure?
Well, lets see... I would submit there is a civilization in Mexico. But I disagree that it automatically means it's 'great'. Too much poverty, and corruption. Like US, Canada, Israel, Egypt, Russia, etc. every country...

And really, any statement that begins stating 'all Mexicans' is like stating 'all Americans' or 'all women' or 'I haven't really rsearched thousands of people but my gut tells me that...'

Yes I disagree. Mexicans are trying desperately to get work to support themselves, even illegally entering the US for shitty low-wage jobs risking deprtation and jail time. Hmm, what would you do to support your family? Struggle to find work any way you could? Basically I am saying Mexicans have families and kids, and care about each other and are willing to work hard... is that opposed to US thinking? Mexico has many religious people, is that opposed to US thinking?

They are not the same country, but like people in Canada, ISrael, Russia, Egypt, people are trying to raise a family, work, have a good life. That seems similar to me in terms of 'thinking and operating'.

Also, the article was not exactlt a list of facts... morelike a rant and a slightly racist one at that. Show me some 'facts' from the article and I'll happily disagree or agree as the truth allows.

Dang, if the wages and jobs are so "shitty" (as you put it) why bother? Oh I get it, you want us to make the jobs and wages even better thsu encouraging even MORE illegals to enter! Maybe we should just let the illegals just pass through and go to Canada; maybe they have less "shitty" wages and jobs. Heck, Canada has socialized medicine already anyway! I am sure our neighbors to the north won't mind having Spanish as a national language.

Dang, if the wages and jobs are so "shitty" (as you put it) why bother?

That's not the point... but perhaps the wages and jobs (bizarre they aren't filled by Americans...) are better than the Mexican alternative for these particular people.

Oh I get it, you want us to make the jobs and wages even better thsu encouraging even MORE illegals to enter!

I do not want you to do anything to the jobs. Or wages. I don't care if you encourage or discourage immigration, legal or otherwise. But I just stated that the motivations and thinking are not so opposed between the two countries.

Maybe we should just let the illegals just pass through and go to Canada; maybe they have less "shitty" wages and jobs.

Canada has plenty of shit wages and shit jobs. What are we talking about here? I thought the argument was over whether Mexicans and Americans had opposing societal visions or thinking.

Heck, Canada has socialized medicine already anyway! I am sure our neighbors to the north won't mind having Spanish as a national language.

Canada has socialized fundamentals, like the US does. We just include health with the others (infrastructure, policing, defence, firefighting). You guys don't.

And why would our two national languages change to Spanish? We already have a pretty diverse population with many many workers from south asia and east asia, northern euro, etc. STill we have two national languages, one of which is dominant.

That's not the point... but perhaps the wages and jobs (bizarre they aren't filled by Americans...) are better than the Mexican alternative for these particular people.

I do not want you to do anything to the jobs. Or wages. I don't care if you encourage or discourage immigration, legal or otherwise. But I just stated that the motivations and thinking are not so opposed between the two countries.

Canada has plenty of shit wages and shit jobs. What are we talking about here? I thought the argument was over whether Mexicans and Americans had opposing societal visions or thinking.

Canada has socialized fundamentals, like the US does. We just include health with the others (infrastructure, policing, defence, firefighting). You guys don't.

And why would our two national languages change to Spanish? We already have a pretty diverse population with many many workers from south asia and east asia, northern euro, etc. STill we have two national languages, one of which is dominant.

Then I vote you take the mexicans as well, you guys are great.:thup:

Then I vote you take the mexicans as well, you guys are great.:thup:

I agree, Canada should open their doors to all Mexicans, Venezuealans, Columbians, Panamanians, that need an alternative to their home country. Canada needn't worry about something as silly as papers. Free health care, education, housing, food, a Cadillac for everyone!

Either a great civilization or total failure?
Well, lets see... I would submit there is a civilization in Mexico. But I disagree that it automatically means it's 'great'. Too much poverty, and corruption. Like US, Canada, Israel, Egypt, Russia, etc. every country...

And really, any statement that begins stating 'all Mexicans' is like stating 'all Americans' or 'all women' or 'I haven't really rsearched thousands of people but my gut tells me that...'

So... Mexico and the U.S. are pretty much the same, then. That's funny. Because there any number of statistics stating otherwise.

Mexico is a third-world country because it's filled with third-world people. The U.S. is hot on its heels.

So... Mexico and the U.S. are pretty much the same, then. That's funny. Because there any number of statistics stating otherwise.

Mexico is a third-world country because it's filled with third-world people. The U.S. is hot on its heels.

Hilarious use of racist rhetoric. You win!

I agree, Canada should open their doors to all Mexicans, Venezuealans, Columbians, Panamanians, that need an alternative to their home country. Canada needn't worry about something as silly as papers. Free health care, education, housing, food, a Cadillac for everyone!

You have every right to make as much or as little sense as you like.
However, there is no free health care, education, housing (otherwise I'd have one), free food (where did that come from?), or Cadillacs.

It is a nice enough place - but we all pay collectively for thse fundamentals that everyone uses, and it's cheaper for all. Well, except for the private highway we have - the 407. That one's pricey.

And Panamanians? Columbians? huh? They no longer have to fear US 'aid' in their nations, so they are probably okay... or at least better than before.

Defense??????:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You clowns can't even spell defense! Canada, great place if you're a faggot*a girly-boy, wet noodle, whimp* or a homosexual, you are allowed to get married up there aren't you.....(Did you see what I did there, I implied, kind of like Ann Coulter did, that you were a homosexual but never actually stated it):badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Hey Gurdari, why do so many Canadians come to the United States?

Defense??????:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You clowns can't even spell defense! Canada, great place if you're a faggot*a girly-boy, wet noodle, whimp* or a homosexual, you are allowed to get married up there aren't you.....(Did you see what I did there, I implied, kind of like Ann Coulter did, that you were a homosexual but never actually stated it):badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

We clowns. I thought we were all polite, serious folk who kept our noses down... not very clownish.
Let's see: Yes, Canada is a great place if you are a homosexual, or 'faggot' as you say. It's a great place if you are not gay. Same goes if you are a man, or woman, some mix of the two. It's also great if you have brown hair, OR red hair. Not blonde (sorry if you're aryan).

Why do so many Canadians come to the united states? I'll help your question out by answering two meanings you may have intended.

1. Canadians love to go to US and shop. More so when the dollars are closer together. Vacations as well, you guys have many great cities, beaches, natural monuments, etc.

2. Canadians are into business, profit, and rare is the company that only deals with one country - in one country. So, like those that come from the US to Canada, to Canada from Korea, to Canada from England, to the US from Germany, to Australia from Canada, to wherever from wherever, people go for jobs, get sent there by work, move to join family, want to start in a new place, get hired, go to school, plus a myriad of other reasons.

I hope that helps.

If I missed your real point, and you were more interested in homosexuality and how it exists here, then sorry, I shall do my best to answer now.

Yes, (most) Canadians are far less interested in whether two people of the same sex want to marry. I don't personally devote much time to thinking about homosexuality, or marriage for that matter. But since this subject is important to you - basically adults can marry consenting adults here. Except no poligamy yet... but technically it would not stand a serious legal revue, as any contract that consenting adults wish to enter into that causes no harm should be legal...

Forum List

Back