The Civil War

That is not the definition of treason, but what lie do you imagine?
Treason is used by the common ppl many different ways.. are you to elite to understand us?

He's a government school history teacher. No joke.

He actually doesn't know what consent of the governed means.

It's hysterical
He’s a hack! Ha what is a government school I’m worried now

Government school? Schools run by the government. I don't use the euphemism of "public" school. I call them what they are. Government educating (sic) your children. Just like Christian schools emphasize love of Christianity and Jewish schools emphasize love of Judaism, government schools emphasize love of government.

Don't do it to your children

You attacked me for a sentence that would have been fixed with a comma. ......

Thanks for proving that it was more than a "typo." A comma won't solve your problems.

State your degree in English. You don't have one, do you?

I actually have a masters degree in Linguistics, so I could help you with your errors in many languages. I have taught English, and History, and quite a few other subjects for over 26 years. And you are..............?
You should be arrested for treason ..

Why?
You have lied to children ......

That is not the definition of treason, but what lie do you imagine?
Treason is used by the common ppl [sic] many different ways......

Words have meanings, champ.
Do you know what slang is? Can you hang with us common folk?

And yet I am more educated than he is. More degrees and from better schools, LOL. Ain't that a hoot?

He acts like this is a lecture, like there is a audience of young minds.......

My students are much, much, much more intelligent than you idiots.
Too bad your [sic] not

"you're"

Are you trying to make yourself look as stupid as bripat9643?
All you add is grammar corrections on a forum no content, congratulations your [sic] trained well lol

Wow.

Too bad your [sic] not

"you're"

All you add is grammar corrections on a forum no content, congratulations your [sic] trained well lol

Wow.
Still no content on what you believe to be fact, not smart enough to provide facts? Lol

Too bad your [sic] not

"you're"

Wow.
Still no content on what you believe to be fact, not smart enough to provide facts? Lol

Have you read the whole thread yet?

Yes, I do. That is not what you were using.
Ok blood .. can you give one piece of evidence that shows this war was started because of slavery?

Sure, the North fought the war to end slavery. Which is why their motto was "Save the Union." Oh wait.

Well Lincoln did say it was over slavery: He said if he could save the Union and free all the slaves, he would do it. If he could save the Union and free none of the slaves, he would do that. Oh, wait again.

Well, the South just wanted to own slaves, that was an end to them. Just sitting there owning slaves. Oh wait, no, it was economics ...

LOL, Unkatore doesn't know what an end goal is just like he doesn't know what consent of the governed means.

That's why he teaches in Government schools, doesn't need to know that stuff

Too bad your [sic] not

"you're"

Wow.

Yup nothing

Too bad your [sic] not

"you're"

Wow.

Have you completed that homework assignment that I gave you yet?

You must not have because you are still spouting shit out your ass.

The Civil War was all about slavery, OK? It wasn't the War of Northern Aggression or the War Between the States. That's bullshit. It was a Civil War, and it was about slavery. Denying that is like denying that the Nazis murdered millions of Jews in concentration camps... oh, wait, you deny that, too?
The end of slavery was one of the eventual outcomes of the war. Odd that every other country that had slaves was able to ban slavery without killing a million of its own citizens...UK and France for example.

No you silly person; the Civil War was about $....as usual.

Make no mistake; that slavery was ended was a good thing and overdue. You must also be aware that the North DESTROYED the South's ECONOMY. No money for reparations.

Greg
Uhm, that's a non-answer if I've ever heard one not to mention I recognise at least 2 logical fallacies.

Wether or not other countries were capable of abolishing slavery has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the US was. That's a red herring.

The same goes for your "it was about money"

The fact of the matter was that their was 1 and only 1 reason for the civil war and that was slavery. Specifically the issue of slavery being allowed to expand into new territories. An issue that caused the South to secede when Lincoln was elected.

Actually...

It was the economics of slavery and political control of that system that was central to the conflict. Another key issue was states' rights. The Southern states wanted to assert their authority over the federal government so they could abolish federal laws they didn't support, especially laws interfering with the South's right to keep slaves and take them wherever they wished. Another factor was territorial expansion. The South wished to take slavery into the western territories, while the North was committed to keeping them open to white labor alone.

The newly formed Republican party, strongly opposed to the westward expansion of slavery into new states, was gaining prominence. The election of Abraham Lincoln in 1860 was the icing on the cake. His victory, without a single Southern electoral vote, was a clear signal to the Southern states that they had lost all influence.

Feeling left out of the political system, they did to the only thing they believed was they could: seceded, a decision that led directly to war.

Lincoln's primary concern was to save the Union. From a letter written to Horace Greeley, editor of the New York Tribune:

...I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union...

Forum List

Back