The Civil War

Tiresome cliches by a hundred years of Lincoln excusers claim that "Lincoln saved the Union" when in fact the Union fell apart under Lincoln's watch. Criminal generals hired by Lincoln would have been hanged for war crimes committed under their command if it wasn't for the fawning media that supported atrocities committed against the South.

Tiresome cliches by a hundred years of Lincoln excusers claim that "Lincoln saved the Union" when in fact the Union fell apart under Lincoln's watch. Criminal generals hired by Lincoln would have been hanged for war crimes committed under their command if it wasn't for the fawning media that supported atrocities committed against the South.
So right. What Lincoln did was destroy the Union. He turned it into the tyranny we suffer under today.

Mexico is not part of the United States,

A huge chunk of the US used to belong to Mexico.

Bought and paid for.

Mmmmmmmmm... Mexico might disagree.

They can disagree all they want, it doesn’t change the fact.

Well, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which ended the Mexican-American War in 1848, ceded about half a million square miles of Mexican Territory to the US. The Gadsden Purchase, in 1853, only paid for 30,000 square miles. We got 460,000 square miles for free by force of arms.

I'm not saying we give it back, but ... legally speaking ... I think we have to cede the point that it wasn't bought and paid for.

Bought and paid for.

Well, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which ended the Mexican-American War in 1848, ceded about half a million square miles of Mexican Territory to the US. The Gadsden Purchase, in 1853, only paid for 30,000 square miles. We got 460,000 square miles for free by force of arms.

I'm not saying we give it back, but ... legally speaking ... I think we have to cede the point that it wasn't bought and paid for.

"For free"? Mexico started the war, and signed the treaty that ended it.

Bought and paid for.

Well .... you say that...

Thornton Affair

Bought and paid for.

Thornton Affair

"American blood was shed on American soil."

Bought and paid for.

Thornton Affair

After several military incursions into Mexican soil. Look, I'm not saying we should be giving 1/3 of the US back to Mexico.

Lest we not forget, the Texican Revolution was basically illegal immigrants entering Mexican Territory and setting up shop. Texicans were holding slaves in the Mexican Republic where slavery had already been abolished.

We weren't exactly the white knights (metaphorically speaking) in this historical incident. I mean, it's OK, it's not like Mexico was going to use all that land anyway.

Bought and paid for.

Thornton Affair

Uh...that is open to question. What actually happened may have been closer to the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" or the Iraq invasion, in that, shall we call them exaggerations, served as an excuse for obscure intentions. Or, as some see it, lies were told so that objectives could be attained.

... I mean, it's OK, it's not like Mexico was going to use all that land anyway.

Mexico wasn't using that land, or even exercising governance over it. That's why people had been just wandering in there and setting up shop for decades before any of this.

Mexico was immersed in corruption and internal power seeking. Those in command deserved failure; the Mexican people did not. That is history and its lessons repeat all too frequently.

Slavery was one of the main causes of the civil war. However, it was not the sole one.
Name a specific other one please?
Tariffs. The agrarian South wanted to sell its produce on the world markets. The North, which was building its own textile industry wanted the cotton which was much in demand, especially Britain.

If you have any interests in history educate yourself:

Slavery was one of the main causes of the civil war. However, it was not the sole one.
Tariffs. The agrarian South wanted to sell its produce on the world markets. The North, which was building its own textile industry wanted the cotton which was much in demand, especially Britain.

This still comes down to slave produced wealth. The "south" sold overseas, but bought little from there. This caused an imbalance of trade those foreign nations could not sustain. The "north" could not absorb foreign goods and, at the same time, maintain its production of wealth. Slavery was the pillar of one side in this equation. It cannot be separated out. We may desire to exclude that it was sympathy for slaves that motivated the 'north', but it cannot be excluded that the 'south' was addicted to the practice and that it was destined to end despite the will of the 'south'.

Tariffs weren't mentioned once:

No they weren't, shit for brains. You're spouting Union propaganda that was jammed into your skull in a federally funded brainwashing mill.
Sorry, Daffodil, but the irrefutable facts won't change no matter how pissy your tantrum:

1) All states in which Lincoln deployed United States troops to preserve the union were part of the United States.​
Lincoln was elected President of the nation that then consisted of the 33 states and 10 organized territories.​
2) There was no other sovereign nation involved.​
Sputter all you must, you cannot conjure up credible documentation to refute either.

Wrong again. That's Union propaganda. The federal government has been brainwashing turds like you for 150 years to swallow that horseshit,

It's obvious, Primrose, that you don't like the facts, but have nothing to challenge them:

Lincoln deployed U.S. troops on U.S. soil to suppress a regional rebellion, in strict compliance with his Oath of Office.​
No nation on earth ever recognized a sovereign nation calling itself "The Confederate States of America."

Bought and paid for.

Thornton Affair

Uh...that is open to question. What actually happened may have been closer to the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" or the Iraq invasion, in that, shall we call them exaggerations, served as an excuse for obscure intentions. Or, as some see it, lies were told so that objectives could be attained.

If they were stupid enough to get played into throwing the first punch, they still threw it.

Forum List

Back