The CIA conducted a coup in Iran in 1953

In any case, it seems that removing of Mossadegh was one of the reasons which led to the Islamic revolution there afterwards.

The Shah cemented his personal power and eliminated his political competitors. He built such political system which could have been changed only through some kind of forceful resistance.

lol the Mullahs supported the Shah in the 1940's and the 1950's against the commies and their puppet boi. 29 years later they're all unhappy with the cut, is all, like most violent thug gangsters always are. You think they just wanted to share it with the peasants or something??? lol that's cute. Why are they spending so much on warheads and missiles when most of the country doesn't even have electricity outside the cities? And spending billions on their Hezbollah troops? Think that money they make off the hashish and heroin trade goes to feed The Children N Stuff? Cuz JOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!! or something?
I think that the Shah should have made the steps toward democratization of political life, but his deeds were exactly opposite. His regime was doomed to failure.

Pretty much all regimes in the ME are doomed to failure; it's inherent in the insanity of Islam that they all sooner or later collapse into violence; even the Ottomans had frequent civil wars. The Shah was relatively tame compared to his neighbors' regimes, and certainly better than what the alternative was in 1953 and what took his place in 1979. Democracy is incompatible with ME culture. and Islam.

Most Arab states, unlike the Shah, operate on concensus of the merchant class, family, technocrats, tribal leaders and clerics... the Brits wanted to continue paying 6 cents on the dollar in oil revenue. Everyone else was paying 50 cents. Mossadeeg wasn't a Communist. They demonized him to justify their greed.

And the same rubbish you already repeated. He was totally dependent on the Tudeh Party, and would be in office as well. For one, the U.S. was flooded with oil, see the East Texas field's history for just one, they didn't need Iranian oil, so that argument is the most stupid of the hair-brained claims, and anybody who who tries and sells the bullshit that the Soviets weren't taking over states after WW II is too much of an idiot to take seriously.

The Marshal Plan was fueled by cheap oil from the ME.. Texas couln't compete.. The original cartel, the Texas Railroad Commission, deterimined who could drill and how much oil could be imported. A young papa bush appealed to them.

The Brits had converted their navy from coal to diesel in 1902 and they needed cheap oil.The British Plan was pure exploitation .. They never trained up a labor pool. All 6% of oil revenue went directly iinto the Shah's pocket. This whole fiasco was driven by greed. Every other ME oil producer had a 50-50 revenue agreement.

The oilmen with ARAMCO were furious that Eisehower got sucked into to such a stupid plot.

lol more rubbish. The East Texas field continued to produce a massive output, as did other Texas fields. The pipeline network was expanded all over the country during the war.

As for the U.S., we were in fact there to prevent Iran's colonisation by either the British or the Soviets, and to keep a Soviet front groups from seizing the country after the war. The Societs would still be occupying Iran if it weren't for American interests there. There was never going to be a 'Democracy' there under the Tudeh's puppet Mossadegh, and for further enlightement of the Peanut Gallery the Tudeh at one point opposed 'nationalization' of the oil fields in its political campaigns to boot. In any case, all of the oil fields being 'nationalized' didn't amount to much, since they were all dependent on western technology to operate anyway, especially American tech; it was Fred Koch and Armand Hammer who modernized the Soviet oil industry, after all, and we still had to supply the Soviets with all kinds of refined petroleum products.

Most of the population of Iran stayed in that country after their democratically elected government was overthrown by western powers. What would Americans think of countries that replaced our democracy with a monarchy?
The Shah was wrong. The present government in Iran is wrong. The people of Iran suffered and continue to suffer. Like so many good people in the world, such as the Chinese and Russians, they suffer due to failed governments that run on absolutism and terror. America has not done what it could and should have done to make things better. That is not to say that we are not better off in America; we demonstrably are. We should be doing our utmost to share how and why things are better here and attract admiration. Upsetting governments with coups d'état and bombing helpless populations into ashes (see what Curtis Lemay said about our bombing of North Korea) are not going to endear us to anyone.

What 'Democracy' was that? Iran wasn't 'Democratic' before the war. As for sniveling commies, I guess if North Korea or some other shithole calls itself a 'democratic republic', why then, it just has to be true. Your arguments are merely opinions about 'coulda woulda shoulda', while on the other hand we have all kinds of historical facts re the results of life in communist run regimes.

I think Biden should lift the sanctions against Iran as a good will gesture. If Iran comes around and starts cooperating, then all is well that ends well.

At the same time, the Iranian people will get a good taste of life with the sanctions lifted.

If Iran does not begin to cooperate then the sanctions come back and the Iranian people will blame the Iranian leaders, not the USA.
:)-

Very true.

It reminds me of evangelicals giving their support to people like "W" because they were prolife.

At the end of the day, the GOP quietly laughed at them as "W" appointed people to SCOTUS who had no intention of overturning Roe vs Wade.

You would think they would have learned by now, huh?

I think there's a lot of hypocrisy on all sides about Roe. Roe is a lot of judicial hocus-pocus. If you take Roe to it's logical conclusion, that we have a right to do whatever to our bodies, we should end the war on drugs, allow prostitution to be legal (instead of just being defacto legal and unenforced) and allow people to sell their kidneys.

The real problem you have with overturning Roe is how do you enforce it. This is why the justices have always wiffed at the ball when given the opportunity. Which is why O'Conner, Kennedy, Souter and Roberts have shied away from doing so.

As for W's appointments, I have no doubt Alito would overturn Roe. Roberts is the one who realizes the peril of doing so. That said, unless one of the three nuts Trump appointed turns out to have a lick of sense, combined with Uncle Thomas and Alito, they have the votes to overturn Roe.

Then the GOP is kind of screwed when a lot of women who have had abortions or want to keep that option open to them or just don't want the government in their vaginas suddenly start caring about politics.

How many people were taught this or knew this?

Show of hands

CIA and BRITs or should I say being lead by the BRITS to help out BP OIL.............the BRITS and our CIA are corrupt and always have been.

I think Biden should lift the sanctions against Iran as a good will gesture. If Iran comes around and starts cooperating, then all is well that ends well.

At the same time, the Iranian people will get a good taste of life with the sanctions lifted.

If Iran does not begin to cooperate then the sanctions come back and the Iranian people will blame the Iranian leaders, not the USA.
I agree. Of course cooperation in this case is Iran holding to the terms of the original deal.

Yeah, we sure did. We've done some bad stuff, unfortunately, most of which we don't teach our schoolchildren.

I agree. Of course cooperation in this case is Iran holding to the terms of the original deal.

And you will be able to hold them to any deal by making stern fces and wagging your finger at them. Great plan! Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of homicidal terrorists like some silly clueless faggots expressing disapproval of them by making angry faces and wagging fingers at them.

Yes, it was corporate driven.

They rule the world don't ya know

It is the same reason Obama took out Gaddafi.

Some things never change.

It's funny to watch the Right Wing suddenly become anti-Corporation.

After years of doing their bidding, they've been kicked to the curb by Wall Street because they went a little too crazy.
No. They didn’t go crazy. They were replaced by the D party, who used to be anti-Wall Street, but are now completely controlled by Wall Street just as the R party is.

The CIA has done a lot over the years. Often it caused more problems than it solved.

President Truman created the CIA and later regretted it.

The CIA is a rogue organization entirely uncontrolled by Congress or the potus. It is the leader of the shadow government or deep state. It in fact now controls Congress and the potus.

Forum List

Back