Zone1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the only true and living Church today

Cougarbear

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2022
The Lord has only one true and living church. One reason The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a “living church” is that the living God reveals His will to living prophets and apostles. All other churches are dead and mourn constantly and this is the reason for the cross on all other Christian Churches. The worship the dead Christ while TCOJCOLDS worships the living Christ and has a spire pointing to the resurrecting living Christ.
"Three features—(1) fulness of doctrine, (2) power of the priesthood, and (3) testimony of Jesus Christ—explain why God has declared and why we as His servants maintain that this is the only true and living Church upon the face of the whole earth." - Dallin H. Oaks. Here is the entire massage from Elder Oaks, a current day Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ: The Only True and Living Church

Do not be threatened? Be humble: "Because of this declaration of the Lord, we refer to this, His Church—our Church—as the “only true Church.” Sometimes we do this in a way that gives great offense to people who belong to other churches or who subscribe to other philosophies. But God has not taught us anything that should cause us to feel superior to other people. Certainly all churches and philosophies have elements of truth in them, some more than others. Certainly God loves all of His children. And certainly His gospel plan is for all of His children, all according to His own timetable."

Did Joseph Smith teach you that from his self discovered "secret documents" that only he could see?

How very judgmental & ignorant of you.
Joseph Smith was not the only one to have seen and handled the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated, see Which persons may have seen or handled the gold plates?

THE TESTIMONY OF THREE WITNESSES​

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.
Oliver Cowdery
David Whitmer
Martin Harris

THE TESTIMONY OF EIGHT WITNESSES​

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That Joseph Smith, Jun., the translator of this work, has shown unto us the plates of which hath been spoken, which have the appearance of gold; and as many of the leaves as the said Smith has translated we did handle with our hands; and we also saw the engravings thereon, all of which has the appearance of ancient work, and of curious workmanship. And this we bear record with words of soberness, that the said Smith has shown unto us, for we have seen and hefted, and know of a surety that the said Smith has got the plates of which we have spoken. And we give our names unto the world, to witness unto the world that which we have seen. And we lie not, God bearing witness of it.
Christian Whitmer
Jacob Whitmer
Peter Whitmer, Jun.
John Whitmer
Hiram Page
Joseph Smith, Sen.
Hyrum Smith
Samuel H. Smith

The Lord has only one true and living church. One reason The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a “living church” is that the living God reveals His will to living prophets and apostles. All other churches are dead and mourn constantly and this is the reason for the cross on all other Christian Churches. The worship the dead Christ while TCOJCOLDS worships the living Christ and has a spire pointing to the resurrecting living Christ.
"Three features—(1) fulness of doctrine, (2) power of the priesthood, and (3) testimony of Jesus Christ—explain why God has declared and why we as His servants maintain that this is the only true and living Church upon the face of the whole earth." - Dallin H. Oaks. Here is the entire massage from Elder Oaks, a current day Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ: The Only True and Living Church

Do not be threatened? Be humble: "Because of this declaration of the Lord, we refer to this, His Church—our Church—as the “only true Church.” Sometimes we do this in a way that gives great offense to people who belong to other churches or who subscribe to other philosophies. But God has not taught us anything that should cause us to feel superior to other people. Certainly all churches and philosophies have elements of truth in them, some more than others. Certainly God loves all of His children. And certainly His gospel plan is for all of His children, all according to His own timetable."

Do be kind enough to send out a memo before you go on Jihad, mmkay? Until then, carry on.

How bad is that for churches whose forefathers believed in Jesus Christ before 1830 when the LDS church was organized? Every one of Jesus' disciples who followed him was martyred after his death except for Judas Iscariot who betrayed him, then committed suicide when he realized he betrayed not only Jesus, but his fellow disciples. There are still people like Judas in the world who betray their fellow disciples by claiming they have the sole key to God's love and everyone else is going to hell. I do not buy into men judging other men. My bible says that judgment is God's job, and not that of one church dissing all others to frighten their believers into keep paying their tithes to them. Someday every knee will bow to God. And as he told Moses two thousand years ago on Mount Sinai, when Moses asked him his name, God said that his name is "I am who I am." With that, I trust in God to bless me even if I stick it out with the church of my ancestors, one of whose pastors signed the Declaration of Independence, and John Witherspoon was the only minister to sign that document at the risk of his and his family's lives.. I doubt very seriously he is anywhere but cradled in the protection of the Lord Jesus Christ for his persecution by the British. I have it on good information that God loves his America who has opened its doors it to the tired, poor, and heavy laden of the world who have no where else to go. We will do our best not to disappoint God of his Kingdom's goal to serve those in the world who are hungry, homeless, and humiliated relentlessly by dictators, leaders who take no responsibility for their own citizens or who murder whoever displeases them. If that isn't God's work, it certainly resembles God's encouragement of Micah 6:8 what he requires of mankind: to care for the widow, the orphan; to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God. The Bible says in the Book of John, 3:16 that God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whoso believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. That's the long and short of the salvation of God in which God chooses who loves him and decides their entrance into his Kingdom on Earth as in Heaven. The Bible is NOT misinformation, it is God's Word and I believe what it says.

Last edited:
How bad is that for churches who believed in Jesus Christ before 1830 when the LDS church was organized? Every one of Jesus' disciples who followed him was martyred after his death except for Judas Iscariot who betrayed him, then committed suicide when he realized he betrayed not only Jesus, but his fellow disciples. There are still people like Judas in the world who betray their fellow disciples by claiming they have the sole key to God's love and everyone else is going to hell. I do not buy into men judging other men. My bible says that judgment is God's job, and not that of one church dissing all others to frighten their believers into keep paying their tithes to them. Someday every knee will bow to God. And as he told Moses two thousand years ago on Mount Sinai, when Moses asked him his name, God said "I am who I am. With that, I trust in God to bless me even if I stick it out with the church of my ancestors, one of whose pastors signed the Declaration of Independence, and John Witherspoon was the only minister to sign that document at the risk of his and his family's lives.. I doubt very seriously he is anywhere but cradled in the protection of the Lord Jesus Christ for his persecution by the British.
You did not read the article, did you? Instead, you just rant and rave.
If you actually would read it, then study on a lot ore, you will realize that the Lord established His Church again after centuries of apostacy with a way for those who have never had the opportunity to learn the true gospel of Jesus Christ to learn of it. The same way the Lord did for those who came before Noah, Abraham, Moses and Himself. 1Peter 3:18-21. And, today, since the ordinances for salvation and exaltation can only be performed here on earth, the Lord established His Temples with proper authority to have the work done for those who accept the true Gospel in spirit prison. Yep, we have missionaries in spirit prison too. And, this all assists those of other religions who never had the opportunity either. Glory to God!!! His true Gospel and Church is back and doing these marvelous works and wonders Isaiah chapter 29.

They show up at my door a couple of times per year. I shake their hands, and tell them I respect their willingness to work for their beliefs, but my beliefs are just very different than theirs, and unless there is a chance I might be able to convert them, I'm positive they won't convert me. After offering to help me in any way, and another round of hand shakes,they usually leave. If they don't, I sing to them, and beg them to do the Hokey Pokey with me, and if that doesn't work, I show them this tiny oddly shaped birthmark right beside my ballsack. That usually sends them on their way.

Joseph Smith was a con man and a false prophet.

It does not make all Mormons bad people.

But it does make it much, much more difficult for Mormons to wade through his nonsense to get to the real Jesus Christ.

For example: Joseph Smith did not see prophesies by peering into some kind of magic rock in a hat. That's a con. There were no magic plates. Also a con. The Book of Mormon has all kinds of factual errors because Joseph Smith made it all up. Because he's a con man. See: his "translation" of the Book of Abraham, which he tried to pass off as a book written by Abraham (!) but which is actually a common Egyptian funeral breathing document.

He lied about all of it.

When anyone is done with that, they can ponder the fact that Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are spirit-brothers (!) and that good Mormons will go on to populate their own planets in the afterlife with their wives and babies or something like that. Again, straight fiction out of the mind of Joseph Smith.

To Mormons here: you have half-truths. I know it's difficult, but get out of the cult and into the real Church. I will pray for you.

You did not read the article, did you? Instead, you just rant and rave.
If you actually would read it, then study on a lot ore, you will realize that the Lord established His Church again after centuries of apostacy with a way for those who have never had the opportunity to learn the true gospel of Jesus Christ to learn of it. The same way the Lord did for those who came before Noah, Abraham, Moses and Himself. 1Peter 3:18-21. And, today, since the ordinances for salvation and exaltation can only be performed here on earth, the Lord established His Temples with proper authority to have the work done for those who accept the true Gospel in spirit prison. Yep, we have missionaries in spirit prison too. And, this all assists those of other religions who never had the opportunity either. Glory to God!!! His true Gospel and Church is back and doing these marvelous works and wonders Isaiah chapter 29.

1830 also gave us John Nelson Darby. Bumper year for crackpots and charlatans.

But it does make it much, much more difficult for Mormons to wade through his nonsense to get to the real Jesus Christ.

For example: Joseph Smith did not see prophesies by peering into some kind of magic rock in a hat. That's a con. There were no magic plates. Also a con. The Book of Mormon has all kinds of factual errors because Joseph Smith made it all up. Because he's a con man. See: his "translation" of the Book of Abraham, which he tried to pass off as a book written by Abraham (!) but which is actually a common Egyptian funeral breathing document.

He lied about all of it.

When anyone is done with that, they can ponder the fact that Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are spirit-brothers (!) and that good Mormons will go on to populate their own planets in the afterlife with their wives and babies or something like that. Again, straight fiction out of the mind of Joseph Smith.

To Mormons here: you have half-truths. I know it's difficult, but get out of the cult and into the real Church. I will pray for you.
So which Christian sect do you believe in? We can then compare the beliefs of your sect to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Bible and see how they both fare.

He lied about all of it.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a “living church” is that the living God reveals His will to living prophets and apostles. All other churches are dead and mourn constantly and this is the reason for the cross on all other Christian Churches. They worship the dead Christ while TCOJCOLDS worships the living Christ and has a spire pointing to the resurrecting living Christ. Sweet Sue, you belong to a dead church with no authority.
You use terms not used by any of the books or church scholars. The "rocks" you speak of are the very same stones in the Urim and thummim with the stones first appear in Exodus 28:30, where they are named for inclusion on the breastplate to be worn by Aaron in the holy place. In 1Samuel 28:6 it says, "And when Saul inquire of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim nor by prophets." So, we see that the Urim part of the Urim and the Thummin is used for prophecy, seer (ing) and revelation such as for the writing of the Book of Mormon. The stones (Urim) are on the breastplate. It makes sense to take them off the breastplate and put them in something to use in front of his eyes, not his breasts. So, it makes perfect sense to use the hat. Good grief, you have no understanding of what a prophet is and how they receive revelation, prophecy, and seer (ings) So, how do you know he did not translate the plates using these stones in a hat? Were you there? And, who said the plates were magic? They were plates that the prophets wrote on so they would last thought the ages. There are no factual errors in the Book of Mormon. And, if you knew anything about the coming forth of the Book of Abraham, you would know that there were several other writings that were in Joseph Smith's possession that were not the ones people think he wrote it from. It's anti-Mormons who push this lie.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that we are all brothers and sisters, children of our heavenly Father. There was a war in Heaven written in Revelation. Lucifer was one of Father's children and so was Jehovah. So, of course, they are spirit brothers. So what? Jehovah was supportive of Father in Heaven while Lucifer (Satan) was rebellious. Just like Cain and Abel were to Adam, their father. Why would Jesus (Jehovah) being a brother to Lucifer (Satan) have any bearing to whether Joseph Smith is a Prophet? We teach that Jesus is the Son of God and that Satan is a fallen angel (spirit) and torments us attempting to deceive us from following Jesus Christ. Heck, your church probably doesn't even have Jesus Christ's name in it when Paul wrote to the Colosians to do all things in Jesus name. You can't even include him in the naming of your Church. So, what makes me think your hatred has any validity. And, it is hatred which is only pushed by Satan.
What is wrong with families can be forever in the afterlife? Is that evil? Jesus said, whatever is bound on earth is bound in heaven. So, why not marriages (sealings)? You may use the old argument that marriage is not given in heaven. But, that is easily answered by the fact marriage ceremonies will not be conducted in heaven and therefore they must be conducted on earth. But, the marriage can still be bound (sealed) in the afterlife. It's sad that you would be happy about losing your spouse and children.
Once again, you say fiction. Well, you weren't there nor included in the revelations to Joseph Smith. So, how do you know? Prove it. You can't. Jesus said that it is possible to inherit all that our Father has. That he has many mansions for us to live in. I ask you, what are those mansions? Can you tell me? No. You have an incomplete gospel that doesn't have that knowledge in it. Well, we do. We have the fulness of the gospel to date. Actually, there is information about the mansions in the Bible. 1Corinthians chapter 15 says there are three mansions or levels of heaven of glory, Celestial, Terrestrial and the glory of the starts (we call Telestial). In our resurrection, we will be assigned to one of those glories of heaven. Celestial is the greatest where we will have all that our Father has through inheritance.
So, it is you who is full of hot air. I'm fortunate enough to have been open minded and had an open heart or a broken heart and a contrite spirit to have with real intent, faith not wavering and without a double mind listened, read, studied and PRAYED about whether Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, The Book of Mormon is true and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored Church of Jesus Christ, by Jesus Christ through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I can testify that the Holy Ghost told be these things are true. So, I will not deny the Holy Ghost because of your hateful disposition and rants.

The Catholic Church was/is the One Church founded by Christ.

If you will observe, it is the only Church going back to the time of Christ and the 12 (See: Early Church Fathers, many of whom knew the Apostles)

Smith came along... when, in the 1800s?

I guess Jesus didn't care about His Church--no, abandoned His Church-- for 1800 some odd years?

Logic... try to follow the logic

The Catholic Church was/is the One Church founded by Christ.

If you will observe, it is the only Church going back to the time of Christ and the 12 (See: Early Church Fathers, many of whom knew the Apostles)

Smith came along... when, in the 1800s?

I guess Jesus didn't care about His Church--no, abandoned His Church-- for 1800 some odd years?

Logic... try to follow the logic
It never went back to the time of Christ. That's your first mistake. The RCC officially began in 590 by Pope Gregory. There were rogue churches all over with bishops leading them. However, as Paul stated in Ephesians, the Church must be founded on prophets and apostles along with evangelists, teachers, priests...John died in 100A.D. and was the last prophet-apostle. So, by 590A.D. when the Roman Catholic Church officially began, there were no apostles and prophets. So, it lacked the true authority of Jesus Christ. Paul also said there would be a falling away or apostasy. That meant that the communication with Jesus Christ would be silent. Not because Jesus Christ wanted it. It was because the bishops and other leaders polluted the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ. Just like in other apostacy periods by the Israelites. Note that the people then also didn't think they had fallen away either. But, they did and a restoration had to be done again and again and again throughout the OT. Then, between Malachi and John the Baptist and Jesus Christ there was another apostacy. And, the Lord again established the Church again. In Daniel, Chapter 2, Nebuchadnezzar had a dream where the king saw a great (wicked) image that was destroyed by a stone (latter-day kingdom of God). It grew stronger and filled the whole earth. This was a latter day vision Daniel interpreted. The great image was the wickedness of the world in apostacy especially that great abominable church against God. So, the "Stone" or kingdom of God could not be an established church. And, since 1830, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has rolled through the entire world preaching the fulness of the Gospel.

There is a free online book written by James E. Talmage entitled, "The Great Apostasy" which covers how the original church of Jesus Christ fell into a state of apostasy. This great apostasy was prophesied by the prophet Amos as follows:

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

This famine of hearing the word of the Lord occurred approximately 100 AD. All the Apostles of the Church except John were killed and there are many evidences within the New Testament that the church was heading toward apostasy. The book tells all about these and other evidences of this great apostasy.

So which Christian sect do you believe in? We can then compare the beliefs of your sect to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Bible and see how they both fare.

I am a Biblical Christian. Nothing that Joseph Smith did, said or believed was necessary to the Church.

He was a con man and he sadly started a cult.

Forum List

Back