The "Chosen" get shot down- wishful thinking of course-

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Abby Martin Beats the Israel Lobby
Attack on Free Speech and Association Fails Court Test

Many Americans who follow developments overseas would concede that Israel and its supporters in the United States exercise a fairly high level of control over U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East. Some are also aware of Congressional attempts to introduce legislation that would define criticism of the Jewish state as a federal hate crime. That would narrow the options for discussion, infringing on First Amendment free speech rights, and further tighten the grip on policy. It would also make violators of the new law subject to fines and even imprisonment at the hands of the Department of Justice, which has traditionally responded favorably on issues of concern to Israel and its supporters.

snip

In 2016 in Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed off on a law designated SB 327, which is similar to legislation currently active in at least thirty states. The bill is entitled “State Purchasing; prohibit the state from entering into certain contracts unless such contracts contain a certification; does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel” and reads “A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 3 of Chapter 5 of Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general authority, duties, and procedure relative to state purchasing, so as to prohibit the state, including all of its subdivisions and instrumentalities, from entering into certain contracts with an individual or company unless such contracts contain a certification that such individual or company does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel and will not conduct such a boycott for the duration of such contract; to exclude certain contracts from these requirements; to provide for definitions; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.”

In simple language, the law requires any person or company that enters into a contract with the State of Georgia worth $1,000 or more to sign a loyalty oath pledging not engage in political boycotts of the Israeli government based on its treatment of Palestinians.

Before commenting, read the article- let we the ignorant know your opinion on the whole thing.

In simple language, the law requires any person or company that enters into a contract with the State of Georgia worth $1,000 or more to sign a loyalty oath pledging not engage in political boycotts of the Israeli government based on its treatment of Palestinians.

It won't take much to shoot that provision down in court.

gdjjr Can you post a copy of the Georgia "LOYALTY OATH" pledge "not to
engage in political boycotts of the Israeli government based on its treatment
of Palestinians" ?

does it exist?

does it exist?
What the provision?

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 3 of Chapter 5 of Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general authority, duties, and procedure relative to state purchasing, so as to prohibit the state, including all of its subdivisions and instrumentalities, from entering into certain contracts with an individual or company unless such contracts contain a certification that such individual or company does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel and will not conduct such a boycott for the duration of such contract; to exclude certain contracts from these requirements; to provide for definitions; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

does it exist?
What the provision?
I am interested in the wording of the "LOYALTY OATH"

does it exist?
What the provision?
You can read the bill from the link provided.

• Banned
To what?

Showing results for oath of office for georgia
Search instead for oath of ofice fo georgia

I swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully perform and discharge the duties of my position to the best of my ability and without malice. I swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Georgia, SO HELP ME GOD.

does it exist?
What the provision?
You can read the bill from the link provided.

thanks ----there is no LOYALTY OATH noted in the law and nothing
on "the treatment of palestinians" that I could find. It is just a law
involving the commercial support of a "BOYCOTT" of Israel by USA
businesses. Discussion about this law would require discussion about the
Boycott itself including its origin and aims and whether a state can have
any control on interstate commerce. I don't think that it involves freedom
of expression for individual citizens. I have no idea how it applies to
ABBY MARTIN unless she is or controls a public business which actively
engages in a boycott of Israel

To what?

I swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully perform and discharge the duties of my position to the best of my ability and without malice. I swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Georgia, SO HELP ME GOD.

To what?

this is your post Gdjjr>>>

I reviewed and found no LOYALTY OATH or any issue on "THE TREATMENT
OF PALESTINIANS" Can you define "political boycott"? It seems to me
that the issue addressed by the law refers to "commercial boycott"

1622815213933.png

Many Americans who follow developments overseas would concede that Israel and its supporters in the United States exercise a fairly high level of control over U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East. Some are also aware of Congressional attempts to introduce legislation that would define criticism of the Jewish state as a federal hate crime. That would narrow the options for discussion, infringing on First Amendment free speech rights, and further tighten the grip on policy. It would also make violators of the new law subject to fines and even imprisonment at the hands of the Department of Justice, which has traditionally responded favorably on issues of concern to Israel and its supporters.

snip

In 2016 in Georgia Governor Nathan Deal signed off on a law designated SB 327, which is similar to legislation currently active in at least thirty states. The bill is entitled “State Purchasing; prohibit the state from entering into certain contracts unless such contracts contain a certification; does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel” and reads “A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 3 of Chapter 5 of Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general authority, duties, and procedure relative to state purchasing, so as to prohibit the state, including all of its subdivisions and instrumentalities, from entering into certain contracts with an individual or company unless such contracts contain a certification that such individual or company does not presently conduct a boycott of Israel and will not conduct such a boycott for the duration of such contract; to exclude certain contracts from these requirements; to provide for definitions; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.”

Before commenting, read the article- let we the ignorant know your opinion on the whole thing.

That stinks.

snip

So the NEXT PM is ultra religious Orthodox Jew and was elected with just 5% of the vote.

Kinda like Joe Biden and Assad.

He if for building a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount at all costs.

So once this guy is PM, you should start reading The Book of Revelation to figure out what is coming next.

Surada is going to be charged with a lot of offenses.

snip

So the NEXT PM is ultra religious Orthodox Jew and was elected with just 5% of the vote.

So once this guy is PM, you should start reading The Book of Revelation to figure out what is coming next.

Revelation says there is no Temple.

They tried to rebuild it about 300 AD under Emperor Justinian.

getting back to the subject. Has SB 327 been removed from the Georgia State
legal code? Gdjjrr ??? has Abby Martin been RE-INVITED to speak at Georgia State?
SOMEBODY must know-------how about SURADA?

snip

I am INTRIGUED Do you have a citation referring to Emperor'
Justinian's efforts to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem?

getting back to the subject. Has SB 327 been removed from the Georgia State
legal code? Gdjjrr ??? has Abby Martin been RE-INVITED to speak at Georgia State?
SOMEBODY must know-------how about SURADA?

snip

I am INTRIGUED Do you have a citation referring to Emperor'
Justinian's efforts to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem?

There are many ..

Forum List

Back