The Chinese have been developing a weapon that would wipe out our entire military at once...now they have it.

Creating big, expensive targets for the enemy to potentially exploit is counter productive. Many, small, cheap and lethal is today's game. As for one country attacking the US with bombs, that remains suicide, given the immense capacity for retaliation that remains. That may not stop those who believe in martyrdom, but that isn't the Chinese or the Russians.

Last edited:
What if a vast fleet of computer-controlled drones simply flew into a nation and roamed around destroying pin-pointed, crucial targets, economic, political and infrastructure? That would cause minimal damage to the atmosphere while preserving the greater part of the population and their necessities. For what the F 35 cost, imagine the clouds of tiny flying weapons one could make.

China is getting closer to 'something'!

The article you posted is from the end of January, 2021 - ten months ago. All the articles below were published in the last 24 hours.

The facts are that much of China's economy and GDP growth were built on Chinese government manipulation and government spending.

The Chinese real estate market contributes approximately 25% of China's GDP but it is now in big trouble. Chinese believed that real estate was a good investment and borrowed heavily to acquire as much as they could. Rather than receiving returns on their investments many properties are located in ghost towns and millions of units sit unfinished with the possibility of never being completed.

The hope that Chinese consumers would start buying more and become an important driver for Chinese GDP growth never materialized and with greater economic uncertainty it's unlikely that the Chinese will become large scale consumers for the foreseeable future.

Chinese factories and businesses are struggling because of rolling blackouts and energy shortages.

Keep hoping but it doesn't look good for China:

"Homebuyer sentiment is evaporating as a crisis at China Evergrande Group ripples through the industry. With prospective buyers already wondering whether cash-strapped builders can deliver their apartments, the risk is that they stay away in droves on fears that real estate is no longer a safe bet."

The article you posted is from the end of January, 2021 - ten months ago. All the articles below were published in the last 24 hours.
Regardless of your later dated political spin on the question, I see the biggest indicator of America's imminent decline in being the failure of Biden's 'bulid back better' initiative. It appears to be hopeless now and that puts America in the position of inadequate spending to even maintain what it already has.

Biden's plans were to stop that decline and now that appears to be impossible.

I don't see anything other than the expected political spin and propaganda in your links, in order to put a brave face on reality. Biden is going to be left with a watered down failure that he will need to spin as a success.

Regardless of your later dated political spin on the question, I see the biggest indicator of America's imminent decline in being the failure of Biden's 'bulid back better' initiative. It appears to be hopeless now and that puts America in the position of inadequate spending to even maintain what it already has.

Biden's plans were to stop that decline and now that appears to be impossible.

I don't see anything other than the expected political spin and propaganda in your links, in order to put a brave face on reality. Biden is going to be left with a watered down failure that he will need to spin as a success.

Political spin??? You are too funny. You linked a CNBC article and I used the same source only a much more recent article than yours.

China could fail and that scares you. Why?

Political spin??? You are too funny. You linked a CNBC article and I used the same source only a much more recent article than yours.

China could fail and that scares you. Why?

Biden's speech today lays out the facts on why America isn't going to compete with China.

There's very little chance that Biden is going to get anywhere close on what America needs.

Getting the full 3.5 trillion would give America a chance.

This is a lot bigger than trying to put it down to China's 'real estate'. From the Wikipedia link:
American decline is the idea that the United States is diminishing in power geopolitically, militarily, financially, economically, socially, culturally, in matters of healthcare, and/or on environmental issues.

Biden's speech today lays out the facts on why America isn't going to compete with China.

There's very little chance that Biden is going to get anywhere close on what America needs.

Getting the full 3.5 trillion would give America a chance.

This is a lot bigger than trying to put it down to China's 'real estate'. From the Wikipedia link:
I have no fear of China failing.

Yeah, that's what we're missing, wasteful government spending.
Biden quoted facts on America's decline that are quite similar to the facts I've been talking about for months.
I just chose 'quality of life', freedoms, and some other issues that puts America far down the list of democracies.
I sincerely hope that America doesn't spend the money to catch up. The Trump threat to the world is too threatening for anyone to ignore and a weakened America lessens the threat as China rises.

I don't know how you can not get hypersonic missiles, spending 30 years on defense every year more than all the major countries combined, while the North Koreans sitting under a draconian blockade have mastered this.
There is only one reason - they are stealing in Pentagon...

I don't know how you can not get hypersonic missiles, spending 30 years on defense every year more than all the major countries combined, while the North Koreans sitting under a draconian blockade have mastered this.
There is only one reason - they are stealing in Pentagon...

Hypersonic means 3,800 mph.
The shortest distance from China to the US is about 7,000 miles.
That means we would detect the launch about 2 hours before arrival on target, plenty of time for a retaliatory strike.
Rending hypersonic missiles useless.

They do not have to steal in the Pentagon, but could just embed employees in aero space companies.

Hypersonic means 3,800 mph.
The shortest distance from China to the US is about 7,000 miles.
That means we would detect the launch about 2 hours before arrival on target, plenty of time for a retaliatory strike.
Rending hypersonic missiles useless.

They do not have to steal in the Pentagon, but could just embed employees in aero space companies.
Ever heard of submarines?

Well, this is rich coming from the guy who absolutely HATED the one person attempting to do something about-- the very person trying to balance the trade between the U.S. and China. Even more ridiculous is that the hatred for said person was because he didn't act "presidential."

Maybe now you understand our complete frustration with people who wanted to ouster Trump in favor of a permanent geriatric D.C. insider with dementia and questionable loyalties solely because Trump said mean things on Twitter?
The "very person trying to balance the trade between the U.S. and China" managed to increase our trade deficit with China to an all time record with his idioitic far left tariff war.

Forum List

Back