The Child Left Behind

WhatTheHell2

Aug 18, 2008
THE CHILD LEFT BEHIND

I’ve heard Obama say he will spend more money on the “NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND” program and on “CHARTER” schools. But what about the child left behind in the failing public schools who is left behind because they cannot afford to use a school voucher and go to another school or simple do no want to leave the neighborhood school? Is he going to close those schools and force that child into another?

Private school are better because the have smaller classes, more money and parents can afford to send them. When you have one teacher trying to teach an over crowded class with student that don’t completely understand English you are going to get schools and children that fail. The problem lies with our schools being flooded of children of illegal aliens that are costing our children and our schools. Our teachers are doing the best they can with what they have been dealt by our government who refuse to control immigration. Obama’s solution is making them all legal and bring in more at a further cost. Uncontrolled immigration is costing us more than our schools. It is costing us our country.

Some of our schools here in Reno are 90% Hispanic. That should tells us where the education funding is going. It concentrated on the non-English comprehending child and that leaves the English speaking child behind to learn on their own.

Solution to our education problems?
FIX OUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS or CONTROL IMMIGRATION.

wow them devil hispanics are responsible for all the evils in the world...why are you attacking the president elect for what the bush administration has allowed for 8 years....even teachers dont care for the no child left behind program...perhaps the solutioin is not the continiual blame of hispanics but looking at how the american education system works...but to do that you would have to look at reality and its much easier just to throw stones at hispanics....

Uncontrolled immigration is certainly PART of the problem I'll grant you that.

Here is Reno, many of our schools are as much as 90% hispanic and are responsible for over crowding. We did not have those problems when we did not have 20 million illegal aliens in this country. I throw stone at the cause and educating children of illegal aliens are a major problem since many do not speak English when they enter school and even after the learn Engllish there are comprehending problem in later grades. So the problem carries through.
Many Americans children cannot get into kindergarten because class are filled with Mexicans and have to wait a full year to get in.
Mariposa School for Learning is more than 98% non-English speaking children and is paid for by the taxpayer.
Children of illegla aliens are a major problem in more areas than education. They over crowd health and dental clinics. We had had to buil three new country clinics and an addition dental climic especially for children. We have had a population boom of hispanics into Nevada and now our leaders are seeing the cost and is thinking of passing laws like Arizona and Okla. There has been defininite imporvements in those states.

The ones I find amazing are the ones that actually cross over from Mexico to go to school here. We cannot send our children out of district without paying through the nose. Yet they keep allowing people who live a different Country to attend school here.

wow them devil hispanics are responsible for all the evils in the world...why are you attacking the president elect for what the bush administration has allowed for 8 years....even teachers dont care for the no child left behind program...perhaps the solutioin is not the continiual blame of hispanics but looking at how the american education system works...but to do that you would have to look at reality and its much easier just to throw stones at hispanics....

The reality is that you can't keep dumping more and more children into the public education system whose families are not contributing enough to the tax base to be able to provide the extra services for those children. Most school systems are funded primarily by property taxes. The system was not designed to deal with whole communities of people living 30 to a single property tax address.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference if Mexico paid back the cost of the education and medical care..that the US taxpayer spent on the citizens of Mexico. not a bit.

Strolling, the fact is, some of the most dismal school districts are mostly all white schools in Mississippi. These kids score lower on scholastic exams than anywhere else in the USA.

It's amazing Miami school districts do not share the same problems as the city of Reno.... How does that happen?

I attended a high school which was about 80% Hispanic... We lived in an agricultural region. I was not handicapped because my classmates were Hispanic. Better teachers are needed in Reno, if what the OP says is correct.

THE CHILD LEFT BEHIND

I’ve heard Obama say he will spend more money on the “NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND” program and on “CHARTER” schools. But what about the child left behind in the failing public schools who is left behind because they cannot afford to use a school voucher and go to another school or simple do no want to leave the neighborhood school? Is he going to close those schools and force that child into another?

Private school are better because the have smaller classes, more money and parents can afford to send them.
You might be surprised by the number of students in private school whose parents cannot afford tuition. In some Catholic schools there are 30+ kids with no aids. There are also children with various learning disabilities, with teachers with little training and no support services. Believe me, those class rooms are not all sweetness and light. There is a lot of downtime. Focus ends up being on disruptive kids and the rest are left to wait.
When you have one teacher trying to teach an over crowded class with student that don’t completely understand English you are going to get schools and children that fail. The problem lies with our schools being flooded of children of illegal aliens that are costing our children and our schools. Our teachers are doing the best they can with what they have been dealt by our government who refuse to control immigration. Obama’s solution is making them all legal and bring in more at a further cost. Uncontrolled immigration is costing us more than our schools. It is costing us our country.
I can't disagree with any of that. More to the point, McCain would have done the same. I voted for the later, you?
Some of our schools here in Reno are 90% Hispanic. That should tells us where the education funding is going. It concentrated on the non-English comprehending child and that leaves the English speaking child behind to learn on their own.

Solution to our education problems?
FIX OUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS or CONTROL IMMIGRATION.
Have you joined the school board or city council?

When you have one teacher trying to teach an over crowded class with student that don’t completely understand English you are going to get schools and children that fail. The problem lies with our schools being flooded of children of illegal aliens that are costing our children and our schools. Our teachers are doing the best they can with what they have been dealt by our government who refuse to control immigration. Obama’s solution is making them all legal and bring in more at a further cost. Uncontrolled immigration is costing us more than our schools. It is costing us our country.

I can't disagree with any of that. More to the point, McCain would have done the same. I voted for the later, you?

How can you not disagree with that, when you don't have statistical facts and empircal data to support this claim?

How can you not disagree with that, when you don't have statistical facts and empircal data to support this claim?

I was assuming the truth in numbers, I have no facts to prove him/her right, you have some to challenge him/her?

I don't know about in the world, but here the public school system was doing just fine until it become overcrowded by children of illegal aliens who needed special attention and thus leaving the American students out to learn on their own.
The pbulic school system worked fine for my children before there were 20 million illega aliens in this country. Yes, I think I can safely blame illegal aliens.

In southern Calif my grand-daughter is in a class of 60 and most of the overcrowding have come from children of illegal aliens.
Kindergarten children have to wait a extra year because of overcrowding by children of illegal aliens.
and they are not the problem and the sole problem?

Strolling, the fact is, some of the most dismal school districts are mostly all white schools in Mississippi. These kids score lower on scholastic exams than anywhere else in the USA.

It's amazing Miami school districts do not share the same problems as the city of Reno.... How does that happen?

I attended a high school which was about 80% Hispanic... We lived in an agricultural region. I was not handicapped because my classmates were Hispanic. Better teachers are needed in Reno, if what the OP says is correct.
it is overcrowing that hurts the children.

WASHOE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT, RENO,NV

EXAMPLE OF WHY OUR SCHOOLS ARE FAILING OUR CHILDREN.

Hug High School
Percentage of minorities: 79.75% Number of minorities: 1,016 Total students enrolled: 1,274
Percentage of minorities: 79.75%

Number of minorities: 1,016

Total students enrolled: 1,274

Sparks High School
Percentage of minorities: 70.94% Number of minorities: 830 Total students enrolled: 1,170
Percentage of minorities: 70.94%

Number of minorities: 830

Total students enrolled: 1,170

Wooster High School
Percentage of minorities: 65.25% Number of minorities: 1,001 Total students enrolled: 1,534
Percentage of minorities: 65.25%

Number of minorities: 1,001

Total students enrolled: 1,534

O'Brien Middle School
Percentage of minorities: 55.56% Number of minorities: 430 Total students enrolled: 774
Percentage of minorities: 55.56%

Number of minorities: 430

Total students enrolled: 774

Sparks Middle School
Percentage of minorities: 68.70% Number of minorities: 507 Total students enrolled: 738
Percentage of minorities: 68.70%

Number of minorities: 507

Total students enrolled: 738

Traner Middle School
Percentage of minorities: 82.42% Number of minorities: 483 Total students enrolled: 586
Percentage of minorities: 82.42%

Number of minorities: 483

Total students enrolled: 586

Vaughn Middle School
Percentage of minorities: 71.00% Number of minorities: 519 Total students enrolled: 731
Percentage of minorities: 71.00%

Number of minorities: 519

Total students enrolled: 731

Allen Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 58.86% Number of minorities: 352 Total students enrolled: 598
Percentage of minorities: 58.86%

Number of minorities: 352

Total students enrolled: 598

Anderson Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 83.33% Number of minorities: 360 Total students enrolled: 432
Percentage of minorities: 83.33%

Number of minorities: 360

Total students enrolled: 432

Booth Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 76.72% Number of minorities: 402 Total students enrolled: 524
Percentage of minorities: 76.72%
Number of minorities: 402

Total students enrolled: 524
Cannan Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 84.70% Number of minorities: 476 Total students enrolled: 562
Percentage of minorities: 84.70%Number of minorities: 476

Total students enrolled: 562

Corbett Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 90.54% Number of minorities: 421 Total students enrolled: 465
Percentage of minorities: 90.54%

Number of minorities: 421

Total students enrolled: 465

Duncan Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 90.63% Number of minorities: 445 Total students enrolled: 491
Percentage of minorities: 90.63%
Number of minorities: 445

Total students enrolled: 491

Greenbrae Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 72.37% Number of minorities: 317 Total students enrolled: 438
Percentage of minorities: 72.37%
Number of minorities: 317

Total students enrolled: 438

Loder Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 93.39% Number of minorities: 551 Total students enrolled: 590
Percentage of minorities: 93.39%
Number of minorities: 551

Total students enrolled: 590

Mathews Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 84.57% Number of minorities: 625 Total students enrolled: 739
Percentage of minorities: 84.57%

Number of minorities: 625

Total students enrolled: 739

Maxwell Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 74.45% Number of minorities: 303 Total students enrolled: 407
Percentage of minorities: 74.45%
Number of minorities: 303

Total students enrolled: 407

Mitchell Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 72.75% Number of minorities: 299 Total students enrolled: 411
Percentage of minorities: 72.75%

Number of minorities: 299

Total students enrolled: 411

Natchez Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 94.19% Number of minorities: 162 Total students enrolled: 172
Percentage of minorities: 94.19%
Number of minorities: 162

Total students enrolled: 172

Risley Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 88.29% Number of minorities: 490 Total students enrolled: 555
Percentage of minorities: 88.29%

Number of minorities: 490

Total students enrolled: 555

Sierra Vista Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 82.98% Number of minorities: 356 Total students enrolled: 429
Percentage of minorities: 82.98%
Number of minorities: 356

Total students enrolled: 429

Kate Smith Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 83.14% Number of minorities: 281 Total students enrolled: 338
Percentage of minorities: 83.14%
Number of minorities: 281

Total students enrolled: 338

Veterans Memorial Elementary School
Percentage of minorities: 85.09% Number of minorities: 388 Total students enrolled: 456
Percentage of minorities: 85.09%
Number of minorities: 388

Total students enrolled: 456

www.rgj.com | Reno Gazette-Journal | Reno news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Reno, Nevada

schools with the highest percentage of minorities or the ones in big trouble. gang activity included.

The ones I find amazing are the ones that actually cross over from Mexico to go to school here. We cannot send our children out of district without paying through the nose. Yet they keep allowing people who live a different Country to attend school here.

This is done every day for the past years and the American tax payer fund these schools. SOme of predominately Mexican.

Poorer communities tend to offer crappier edcuations.

Wealthier communities tend to offer better edcuational oppotunities.

That's because mostly local edcuation is paid for by real estate taxes, and therefore poor town have poor schools.

Is this really news to any of us?

First off, there is only one school district in Miami. It's the Miami-Dade County Public School District. And, secondarily, your comment is innaccurate. Miami has dealt with the same immigration-related woes as any other district, although not to the same extent due to Miami's location on the Florida peninsula. Miami is a magnet for Caribbean immigrants, many of whom are legal. However, try reading up on the issues faced by Miami's schools during the days when the city was being flooded with illegal Cuban immigrants. Miami still hasn't recovered from that era, educationally. The public schools in dade county are poor performers, for the most part.

Private school are better because the have smaller classes, more money and parents can afford to send them. When you have one teacher trying to teach an over crowded class with student that dont completely understand English you are going to get schools and children that fail. ....
Anyone who thinks there are no ELs in private schools is quite mistaken.

I say, anybody can come to the USA and become a citizen...........BUT..........they MUST HAVE/DO THESE THINGS in order to enter the USA and register for citizenship --

1. $100,000.00 US currency for entrance payment to the USA for EACH family member and each child. No more freebies.
2. Proof positive of WHO they are, WHAT they are, and a verifiable medical history.
3. They MUST be able to speak English.
4. They MUST swear allegiance to THIS country.
5. They MUST work at a legal job for no less than FIVE years and pay taxes, before being allowed to apply or receive ANY government funding, charity, loans, or grants of ANY kind.

Start charging these people for the PRIVILEGE of becoming American and living here, and they will stay where they are, or go infest some other country!!!

Forum List

Back