The Catholic Religion

Understand I've not seen any positivity coming out of most churches today but its the Catholic church is is one of the main instigators in changing my nation.
Of course they couldn't do this without the help of complacent Americans who are allowing it,then again all empires fail sooner than later.
I have Catholics in my family and know some good Catholics like everything else its not so much the people who do this in ignorance but the leaders of these churches we have plenty in Protestant churches also.
Otherwise, I say live and let live long as it doesn't hurt or negatively affect anyone.
The issue with every single group/organization are those in authority, those who have wealth and power. Watch them. Then there are the many who try to live by the principles of that group/organization. Observe them.

I adamantly keep in mind what I call the Milgram Principle and the 1 in 4; 1 in 5 manipulators. Mankind, down through all ages, appears prone to these traps. We cannot seem to escape or even avoid them. But I think the first step is to not brand all for the works of the few.

You never read Paul's 13 letters?

I'm sure I did at one time or the other. I think I can say I forgot more about scripture than most Christians ever knew, including some clergy, but now I'm old and living in stress filled times plus maybe a little senile, :)

You may want to have a more in depth look for what seeds violence. It is the pursuit of wealth and power. We are all familiar with "Wolves in sheep's clothing." Those pursuing wealth and power clothe themselves with religion. Society is becoming more astute to these disguises. The trick is to unclothe the wolves, revealing who they truly are--without condemning and reviling sheep.

I think I agree with you on this.

I don't think I know anyone who has solved the mystery of the Bible and I think God said we never will know it, our mind couldn't comprehend it.

I'm sure I did at one time or the other. I think I can say I forgot more about scripture than most Christians ever knew, including some clergy, but now I'm old and living in stress filled times plus maybe a little senile, :)
Then you forgot what you asked

Then you forgot what you asked

Its possible. I had the luxury of being a housewife and having time to study while kids were in school or asleep, plus I always enjoyed studying history and geography. So not braginf about how much I learned just saying its amazing how little many Christians know about their faith. And how many clergymen teach what people want to hear sometimesq.

Nowhere in the Bible says to be celibate as a church requirement to teach the word of God.
Of course you are right on that point.

The early Catholic Church did not have a requirement to be celibate. The Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church still allows married priests.

The Church was a thousand years old before it definitively took a stand in favor of celibacy in the twelfth century at the Second Lateran Council held in 1139, when a rule was approved forbidding priests to marry. In 1563, the Council of Trent reaffirmed the tradition of celibacy.

In what year were priests forbidden to marry?
It was not until ecumenical meetings of the Catholic Church at the First and Second Lateran councils in 1123 and 1139 that priests were explicitly forbidden from marrying.

When was celibacy imposed on Catholic priests?
The tradition of clerical continence developed into a practice of clerical celibacy (ordaining only unmarried men) from the 11th century onward among Latin Church Catholics and became a formal part of canon law in 1917.

Are Catholic priests still required to be celibate?
Within Protestant congregations and the Eastern Orthodox church, the ordination of married men has long been accepted. But for the best part of a millennium, celibacy has been required of priests in the Roman Catholic tradition.

Of course you are right on that point.

The early Catholic Church did not have a requirement to be celibate. The Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church still allows married priests.

The Church was a thousand years old before it definitively took a stand in favor of celibacy in the twelfth century at the Second Lateran Council held in 1139, when a rule was approved forbidding priests to marry. In 1563, the Council of Trent reaffirmed the tradition of celibacy.

In what year were priests forbidden to marry?
It was not until ecumenical meetings of the Catholic Church at the First and Second Lateran councils in 1123 and 1139 that priests were explicitly forbidden from marrying.

When was celibacy imposed on Catholic priests?
The tradition of clerical continence developed into a practice of clerical celibacy (ordaining only unmarried men) from the 11th century onward among Latin Church Catholics and became a formal part of canon law in 1917.

Are Catholic priests still required to be celibate?
Within Protestant congregations and the Eastern Orthodox church, the ordination of married men has long been accepted. But for the best part of a millennium, celibacy has been required of priests in the Roman Catholic tradition.

Well good maybe now that the men won't be so frustrated they can run the church correctly. Nuns next I hope.

Homosexuals do not equate to pedophiles. Sure, some can be--but not as a rule.

This misunderstanding has another backround. As well a homosexual disposition and a pedophile dispostion have genetic reasons and/or reasons in the early childhood. Both is activated during adolescence. And now comes a kind of pseudo-paradox of our societies: While everyone says homosexuality is a normal disposition of behavior and no one has any right to make a therapy in such a case pedophilia is on the other side a dangerous sickness - which everyone has to have under control - and so pedophiles need a therapy. In the 1980ies for example fought here in Germany gay men and pedophile men together for their rights. Pedophiles fought for the human right of children to have the right of a free choice of their sexual partners - what caused heavy reactions.

Forum List

Back