The Catholic Church- Protecting Itself at the Expense of Sex Abuse Victims

This is absolutely horrendous ! Truly sickening !The Catholic Church has surely lost its way. This is far worse than allowing the culture that leads to sexual abuse in the church to exist and thrive. Now they are trying to a modicum of justice is denied to the victims to protect themselves.

Report: Catholic Church Spent $10.6 Million To Lobby Against Victims Of Child Sex Abuse

Re-victimizing the victims: In yet another example of moral failure, a new report shows the Catholic
CBS News reports:

A new report released Tuesday reveals that, over the past eight years, the Catholic Church has spent $10.6 million in the northeastern United States to fight legislation that would help victims of clergy sexual abuse seek justice.

Church spent $10.6 million to lobby against legislation that would benefit victims of child sex abuse.

The new report, called “Church Influencing State: How the Catholic Church Spent Millions Against Survivors of Clergy Abuse,” paints an alarming and unflattering picture of the Catholic Church using millions of dollars to fight legislation that would allow the many survivors of rape and sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy to find some modicum of justice.

And what's the entire story not a half truth by your biased link?

Do you have the integrity to post the rest?

This is absolutely horrendous ! Truly sickening !The Catholic Church has surely lost its way. This is far worse than allowing the culture that leads to sexual abuse in the church to exist and thrive. Now they are trying to a modicum of justice is denied to the victims to protect themselves.

Report: Catholic Church Spent $10.6 Million To Lobby Against Victims Of Child Sex Abuse

Re-victimizing the victims: In yet another example of moral failure, a new report shows the Catholic
CBS News reports:

A new report released Tuesday reveals that, over the past eight years, the Catholic Church has spent $10.6 million in the northeastern United States to fight legislation that would help victims of clergy sexual abuse seek justice.

Church spent $10.6 million to lobby against legislation that would benefit victims of child sex abuse.

The new report, called “Church Influencing State: How the Catholic Church Spent Millions Against Survivors of Clergy Abuse,” paints an alarming and unflattering picture of the Catholic Church using millions of dollars to fight legislation that would allow the many survivors of rape and sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy to find some modicum of justice.

I wasn't brave enough to click the link but I'll back death penalty sentences for those who don't turn in abusers and removal of different tax laws for churches vs other businesses. If they don't turn a profit fine, but.....

I'm tired of confessional protections of pedophiles.

Progressives have issues with the Church. I get it. But I don't get the blatant antisemtism.

upload_2019-6-11_15-31-56.jpeg

upload_2019-6-11_15-32-31.jpeg

Stark Waving Mad: The Palestinian Flag Has No Place at the DNC

Democratic leader takes heat as anti-Semitism vote roils Florida
images

images

After no-shows in Jerusalem, Democrats also absent from Israeli Embassy DC party
hypocrisy.jpg

images

There was a time when people got time outs for suggesting the Catholic Church Hierarchy was supportive/protective of its pedophile priests.....time outs for the Truth.

Yeah, I'm about done with the lack of cruel and unusual punishment in this country. I'm ready for the death penalty to be at least a 1% random option for anyone convicted of a violent crime, sex crime or even drunk driving for sure if an accident happened, maybe if an accident isn't involved. For hiding a sex crime that wheel of death is going to have even worse options on it. My prisoner exchange with the Taliban is going to include these Priests and Bishop protectors. If I get evidence the Cardinals in Rome or even Pope himself helped hide one, the Vatican better be prepared for my Navy Seals to extricate the Pope and string him up dead and naked at Golgatha.

As I said, I get the issues with the Church but why the antisemitism? Right thread. I agree regarding the Church.

Being part of NAMBLA is only bad if you're a priest in whatever orifice RegressiveParasite uses for a "mind".

CBS News reports:

Sex abuse by the clergy is not just a Catholic thing. Just saying--there is just as much going on in the Protestant world..the Southern Baptists spring to mind:

Her Church Was Her World. Then Her Daughter Asked To Talk.

Any time a thread is about Islam, various posters turn it into either an anti-Christian bash fest or ant antisemitic bash fest.

Where have you been in all those hundreds of threads reminding people of the same thing?

In any case, I loathe people protecting pedophiles and I support the notion of staying on topic. I just wish you were not so selective about such a notion.

CBS News reports:

Sex abuse by the clergy is not just a Catholic thing. Just saying--there is just as much going on in the Protestant world..the Southern Baptists spring to mind:

Her Church Was Her World. Then Her Daughter Asked To Talk.
Agreed...makes one wonder who is drawn to preaching and why.

Any time a thread is about Islam, various posters turn it into either an anti-Christian bash fest or ant antisemitic bash fest.

Where have you been in all those hundreds of threads reminding people of the same thing?

In any case, I loathe people protecting pedophiles and I support the notion of staying on topic. I just wish you were not so selective about such a notion.

Wow......not selective at all, two totally different topics and I was not the only one who noticed and called it.

Apparently you didn't bother to follow this link to the source within the post. Can you refute it?
Why do you think so many in white America is comfortable letting the Catholic priests that have been borking their young boys get away w/it for decades?

Apparently you didn't bother to follow this link to the source within the post. Can you refute it?
Why do you think so many in white America is comfortable letting the Catholic priests that have been borking their young boys get away w/it for decades?
That is a real good question. Being a white American does not give me any special insight. It appears that they are willing to put the Church ahead of the children. Funny thing is -is that a lot of them decry homosexuality and label any male who sexually abuses a male child as a homosexual ,which I don't believe to be true. But they hypocritically give the priests a pass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back